BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Grant Hanley

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers. I have never started a thread before. Read it on the news 24/7 page linked to this website if anyone interested. Don't know how true it is but I think it would be a disaster to sell our captain at this stage

Cheers. I have never started a thread before. Read it on the news 24/7 page linked to this website if anyone interested. Don't know how true it is but I think it would be a disaster to sell our captain at this stage

Normally it would be a disaster, but for me we might as well sell him. With only 13 outfield players under contract we aint staying up. Linked with those 'managers' we aint staying up. Might as well cash in. After all we've done it with just about everyone else of value at the club in the last 12 months.

If true, then it seems unlikely that he'd be let go for a relatively paltry sum, even though it appears the Loons are intent on stripping the club of any assets whilst smiling and head vobbling all the way..

If someone comes in with a bid north of £3million, I don't think anyone here would be surprised if he was to disappear over the summer.

Gawd help this sh!t storm of a club is all I can say.. The relentless downward spiral is becoming tedious as well as odious and pernicious.

Normally it would be a disaster, but for me we might as well sell him. With only 13 outfield players under contract we aint staying up. Linked with those 'managers' we aint staying up. Might as well cash in. After all we've done it with just about everyone else of value at the club in the last 12 months.

Our chances of staying up are getting thinner with every passing minute, selling the captain is like throwing the towel in. It certainly won't help attract a new manager. We will quickly become the whipping boys of the championship and what message does it send to the rest of the squad. Sorry the few remaining contracted players

Can't see this happening as there's no one st the club to sell him 😂 1.5m gimmie strength looool, although tbf even if we got 15m for him history shows us none of it will be used to strengthen the squad.

Well my theory is they're delaying appointing a new manager until they have been able to sell off what few remaining assets we have left with minimal opposition from within.

Appointing a manager and then telling him he has to sell his captain would be a bad start to the new man's tenure, so ensure he isn't here until the sales are done.

He's a decent central defender, same with Duffy, if I was either player i'd be looking to get as far away from Ewood Park as possible.

No surprise clubs are looking to expose the current managerial situation, we did the same when buying Gestede.

Owners of both clubs are clueless fools.

Our chances of staying up are getting thinner with every passing minute, selling the captain is like throwing the towel in. It certainly won't help attract a new manager. We will quickly become the whipping boys of the championship and what message does it send to the rest of the squad. Sorry the few remaining contracted players

Looks to me like we've already thrown the towel in. The managerial farce that's ongoing is just the tip of the iceberg. No board, no plans to have a board, an accountant running the club, and in the last 12 months we've sold off Tom Cairney, Rudy Gestede, Josh King, Marcus Olsson and Jordan Rhodes with no money reinvested into quality replacements. That looks and sounds to me very much like we've thrown the towel in. 13 senior players under contract - what is that all about?

We're a sinking ship and I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting out of it. When we're in League One in 12 months time we won't be in the same position to demand a fee for him.

Can't see this happening as there's no one st the club to sell him 1.5m gimmie strength looool, although tbf even if we got 15m for him history shows us none of it will be used to strengthen the squad.

Exactly, it makes no difference what we get for anyone as it is never reinvested, in fact if he is sold let's hope it is bare minimum fee, less to line their pockets with.

The towel is already in the ring but selling the club captain would be another massive nail the coffin. Maybe some of the dimwits would wake up and see what is going on?

Sounds like they are taking the same advice as they did following the season when we kept Kean after just escaping the drop on the last day. Take one step back to take two forwards !

Break it all down but down worry if we drop as sales and savings will cover it. Re build with almost entirely youth brought in by this expert coach, stabilise then get promoted within another two seasons. By this time the 'book value' will be up again and a few of that youth will be worth decent money and another few will be worth a million a piece. Then we can sell again to pay the bills run up and aim to stabilize in the champ whilst bringing through another crop.

An agents or agencies wet dream we've always been since the takeover. Not hard to fathom why.

Well another lose lose situation for rovers.

We lose one of our best players and the money won't be reinvested. What's to dislike about the situation?

AND we also discourage any managers with ambition, as they see their potential squad weakened without their say so and before they begin.

Another step backwards. Every little hinders.

Archived