BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cleanse The Rovers

#1. Stop going to the games.

I don't mean a few hundred or a few thousand stay away. I mean completely, totally empty stands for the entire season, for as long as it takes, until Venkys start feeling the sting and leave. Not 10,000 attendance, not 5,000, not 1,000 - but 0.

Anyone who attends a Rovers game from now on (well this has been true for a while now despite completely blinded attempts to defend people who attend) is a traitor to the cause and hates the club. Ignorance is no longer an excuse.

For those that somehow still don't know, people need to stand outside the stadium handing out fliers, leaflets, information, anything to get the point across. The protest need to be outside the stadium, however, because attending even to jeer or hold signs is not going to do anything, they'll ignore all negativity and just focus on the attendance.

DO NOT GO TO ROVERS MATCHES. No matter what you have paid already, no matter any silly arguments ("but I'm supporting Rovers, not Venkys!") there is no other way, no other way whatsoever, but to hurt them financially until they just take their interests elsewhere.

You can't brandish fans who want to go to see Rovers as traitors. For some people it is a day out with the family etc... etc... What can be done is clever moves that get the world to take notice.

Either through creating a small pot of fund and start advertising in newspapers in India Venky's Out, or continuing to dig out information that makes them look bad and leaking it to the newspapers. We need to get more media exposure, and have the fans gather now more than ever to put pressure on everyone.

I don't mean a few hundred or a few thousand stay away. I mean completely, totally empty stands for the entire season, for as long as it takes, until Venkys start feeling the sting and leave. Not 10,000 attendance, not 5,000, not 1,000 - but 0.

Anyone who attends a Rovers game from now on (well this has been true for a while now despite completely blinded attempts to defend people who attend) is a traitor to the cause and hates the club. Ignorance is no longer an excuse.

For those that somehow still don't know, people need to stand outside the stadium handing out fliers, leaflets, information, anything to get the point across. The protest need to be outside the stadium, however, because attending even to jeer or hold signs is not going to do anything, they'll ignore all negativity and just focus on the attendance.

DO NOT GO TO ROVERS MATCHES. No matter what you have paid already, no matter any silly arguments ("but I'm supporting Rovers, not Venkys!") there is no other way, no other way whatsoever, but to hurt them financially until they just take their interests elsewhere.

Whilst traitor is perhaps too strong a word I do agree that those who still choose to attend become part of the problem from now on and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Putting money in THEIR pockets is just no longer acceptable. If you want what is best for the club then YOU MUST turn your back on Venky ownership. Jack Walker would want you to stand up against what these people have done to his legacy and in my view, choosing to go is a complete spit in the face to the club that Jack built.

BOYCOTT.

16a23df8088f9de64ae13ba957660250.jpg

Does the fabled dossier look like this? Maybe we should make a film about attempts to locate it down the years and see if that can raise enough money to save the club.

From the LET Comments section. Looks like Coyle went even further to support the "agency"...

Reg Rover bg-reply-right.pngLeonard Venkhater12:04am Thu 2 Jun 16

You are absolutely right. Coyle did publicly support Kean . He is also on record condemning Rovers fans for their Kean out protest. He in fact sent me a e.mail to my web site , back in 2011, having a go at me for my continued criticism and exposure of Kean and Anderson. It is all still there on public record on the www. I can not believe Venky's have made this appointment. Their dwindling fan base has just been reduced from 12,000 to 7,000. You could not make it up.

Any fans in the Jack Walker Lower have a big part to play. The TV Cameras will be on their zone and they have 'Wee Coyley' to bate mercilessly.

We need graffiti outside the Ground and because of their nervousness of protests police costs going up...plus VenkysOut or Vexit continuing around the world but in bursts.

But stop the in-fighting. There are things to do inside the ground and things to do outside and away from the ground. Just staying away and coming on here is the worst of the 3 cos you will not be doing anything.

Just staying away and coming on here is the worst of the 3 cos you will not be doing anything.

There are an awful lot of those. Talk the talk but don't walk the walk. All mouth and trousers in my view.

Thousands of "something must be done," "this should happen" posts on here in recent weeks and months.

People who got off their backsides and did or organised something? Two, possibly three, as far as I can see. It's OK though a section of support clearly have the moral high ground and will continue to tell us what SHOULD happen.

There are an awful lot of those. Talk the talk but don't walk the walk. All mouth and trousers in my view.

Thousands of "something must be done," "this should happen" posts on here in recent weeks and months.

People who got off their backsides and did or organised something? Two, possibly three, as far as I can see. It's OK though a section of support clearly have the moral high ground and will continue to tell us what SHOULD happen.

You've just signed up for another season ticket haven't you, Paul?

• 1 month later...

From the LET Comments section. Looks like Coyle went even further to support the "agency"...

Reg Rover bg-reply-right.pngLeonard Venkhater12:04am Thu 2 Jun 16

You are absolutely right. Coyle did publicly support Kean . He is also on record condemning Rovers fans for their Kean out protest. He in fact sent me a e.mail to my web site , back in 2011, having a go at me for my continued criticism and exposure of Kean and Anderson. It is all still there on public record on the www. I can not believe Venky's have made this appointment. Their dwindling fan base has just been reduced from 12,000 to 7,000. You could not make it up.

Could someone copy and paste that email onto here or the Coyle thread (or both). I would do it myself but have no idea what the website being referred to is, just www. only narrows it down to about 200 billion or so websites.

I don't mean a few hundred or a few thousand stay away. I mean completely, totally empty stands for the entire season, for as long as it takes, until Venkys start feeling the sting and leave. Not 10,000 attendance, not 5,000, not 1,000 - but 0."

Fundamentally many would agree, practically we all know this is undeliverable.

The best boycott chance might be to pick a televised game, perhaps one that coincides closest to the month of the Venky takeover and publicise a planned boycott of all parts of the ground save for the stand behind the dugouts where a protest can be organised infront of the cameras prior to a walk out after 18.75 minutes.

Anticipating even the briefest of camera shots of the departing fans, then leaving behind just a series of printed letters on the upturned seats to spell various slogans might get publicity, without publicity, a boycott would be completely meaningless. Live chickens on the pitch would work if that's at all feasible, hell even a white chicken with a painted blue half!

Sadly these things are way easier to talk about than to deliver

You don't need everyone out for a boycott to work, just a significant %.

I have said this before, but i was at the Liverpoool Sunderland game where there was a 'mass' walk out about ticket prices.

That mass walk-out was less than 15% of home fans - mainly in the Kop - hardly any at all in the main stand and one opposite, and quite a lot from the Kop went downstairs for a couple of minutes, then returned to their seats.

What if Rovers fans all over the world took selfies or got a mate to snap them holding a "Venkys Out" banner?

All posted to the same social media site. Get the general media interested, particularly in India. Could be at an NFL or basket ball game in the US, in front of the Berlin wall(if any is left), on the Great Wall, at a music festival, with the Sydney Opera House in the background, near the Arctic-----anywhere.

If many of the events were televised or newsworthy the thing could get a momentum of its own.

I know Rovers fans did this with "Kean Out" to some degree of success but that didn't embarrass the owners so it didn't put the focus on them.

Besides a boycott that's the best I can come up with. Oh, we could get Theresa May to legislate to make all football clubs have a fan on the Board. Venkys would not like that!

What if Rovers fans all over the world took selfies or got a mate to snap them holding a "Venkys Out" banner?

All posted to the same social media site. Get the general media interested, particularly in India. Could be at an NFL or basket ball game in the US, in front of the Berlin wall(if any is left), on the Great Wall, at a music festival, with the Sydney Opera House in the background, near the Arctic-----anywhere.

If many of the events were televised or newsworthy the thing could get a momentum of its own.

I know Rovers fans did this with "Kean Out" to some degree of success but that didn't embarrass the owners so it didn't put the focus on them.

Besides a boycott that's the best I can come up with. Oh, we could get Theresa May to legislate to make all football clubs have a fan on the Board. Venkys would not like that!

As a boycott will not happen this idea may have some merit.

The domain names www.venkysout.co.uk and www.venkysout.com are available to source.

Archived