BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will Cheston Respond ?

Will Cheston or anyone from Rovers actually publically respond to the season ticket packs being returned with letters in or "returned to sender" ?

Do they have the respect or gonads to respond to fans who have enough or will the lies and deceit continue.?

VENKYS , CHESTON AND COAR YES IM CALLING YOU OUT TO SEE IF YOU CARE THAT FANS ARE NOT RENEWING IN THEIR THOUSANDS...

Will there be anything said I would say NO CHANCE.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Cheston or anyone from Rovers actually publically respond to the season ticket packs being returned with letters in or "returned to sender" ?

Do they have the respect or gonads to respond to fans who have enough or will the lies and deceit continue.?

VENKYS , CHESTON AND COAR YES IM CALLING YOU OUT TO SEE IF YOU CARE THAT FANS ARE NOT RENEWING IN THEIR THOUSANDS...

Will there be anything said I would say NO CHANCE.

I have written to him three times and no response. I know at least one other poster has and to my knowledge he too has been blanked.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if he had emails telling him what a good job he is doing and what a good appointment Coyle is. It's sickening that we have people like him at our club.

• Moderation Lead

The response will be a public statement that ST sales are doing very well, and that only a handful of packs have been returned with "negative" messages. Or on those lines.

That will be brushed under the carpet.....

Ive sent a number of emails recently expressing concern and dissatisfaction at the way the Club is being run. I got 1 generic reply from Chestons PA saying how everyone at Rovers was committed to bringing success... Blah.Blah.Blah.

I also said I didn't want to receive any marketing emails from Rovers, to which I never received a reply.

However it now appears I have been completely removed from the Data base! I was on the Rovers web site trying to have a look at Blackpool Away tickets but was unable to log on, getting a *Login/Account cannot be found* message. Its the right login details as they are saved. Tried password recovery but no reset emails are being sent.

So by expressing concern and opting out of marketing communications, you are summarily removed from the data base. End of, goodbye and f**k off!

You couldn't make it up. For those that have done similar I would check you are still on the data base, as it will prevent you from buying away tickets. Through the normal channels anyway.

Ive sent a number of emails recently expressing concern and dissatisfaction at the way the Club is being run. I got 1 generic reply from Chestons PA saying how everyone at Rovers was committed to bringing success... Blah.Blah.Blah.

I also said I didn't want to receive any marketing emails from Rovers, to which I never received a reply.

However it now appears I have been completely removed from the Data base! I was on the Rovers web site trying to have a look at Blackpool Away tickets but was unable to log on, getting a *Login/Account cannot be found* message. Its the right login details as they are saved. Tried password recovery but no reset emails are being sent.

So by expressing concern and opting out of marketing communications, you are summarily removed from the data base. End of, goodbye and f**k off!

You couldn't make it up. For those that have done similar I would check you are still on the data base, as it will prevent you from buying away tickets. Through the normal channels anyway.

Please don't contribute to Oystons coffers

Please don't contribute to Oystons coffers

Was just going on to have a look at prices etc.

I'm more bothered they have removed me from the data base without even informing me, meaning I can't buy away tickets.

I have written to him three times and no response. I know at least one other poster has and to my knowledge he too has been blanked.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if he had emails telling him what a good job he is doing and what a good appointment Coyle is. It's sickening that we have people like him at our club.

Any wonder the Seneca stuff didn't go anywhere?

Classless, clueless and hopeless, Arbitro .All so very, very sad

Still good to know they are committed to the ''further advancement of the Club'' or whatever @#/? phrase they used. Pathetic beyond belief

No response yet either Tony

To be honest we are that short staffed these days at ewood, he is probably to busy mowing the pitch to write some letters

I made a similar point (though in a non-sarcastic way) in my email to him.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a reply to an email I sent to Cheston (I actually sent three subsequent ones after not hearing anything for a while) and after deliberating I have decided to copy it for all to see.

Now you can tweet from the tub.

SamsungSponsored

Learn more

Email Response

4 Jul, 2016, 2:04 PM

From Elle Withers

Details

4th July 2016

By Email

Dear Mr Leake,

Thank you for your recent correspondence and apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

It is with regret to read your current concerns and I am sure you can appreciate, given the size of the challenge we face, it is difficult to get involved in detailed discussions with every individual.

However, be assured that I have read your letter and noted your comments.

We are trying very hard to get Blackburn Rovers back to the top flight as soon as possible and approach the 2016-17 season with a sense of renewed optimism.

It will not be easy, but we need everyone with Rovers at heart (and the tone of your correspondence suggests to me that you care deeply about the club) to get right behind us.

As I said at the time of his appointment, we were delighted to welcome Owen Coyle to the club, following a thorough managerial search. A long list of very high calibre names was drawn up, which was then whittled down to six individuals, four of whom were interviewed. Some were unable to fulfil the role for personal reasons, some personal expectations could not be agreed and some did not meet all of the criteria we were looking for.

Owen has a wealth of management experience, a strong track record in the Championship, which includes a promotion to the Premier League, and an excellent reputation for developing promising young players. He knows the area very well and understands exactly what football, and this club, means to people from these parts.

By taking on the role, he knew exactly what he was entering into and he was very positive about the resources that he would have to work with.

His reputation and contacts within the game are mightily impressive and we have already seen the benefit of that with the signings of Anthony Stokes, Danny Graham, Liam Feeney, Stephen Hendrie, and Jack Byrne players we are all very much looking forward to seeing pull on the blue-and-white halves.

The Owners remain totally committed to the club and have trust in the management team currently in place at Ewood Park. However, this is an area which we hope to strengthen further in the coming weeks.

We acknowledge that questions have been raised over communication from the Owners, however they are a very private family and dont wish to conduct their business through the media. We have a very good relationship with the Owners and liaise with them and their representatives directly on a regular basis, so have a clear understanding of the way they want to take the club forward.

However, should they wish to comment publicly, they will do so through the correct club channels when they feel the time is right.

Communication is an area that has been discussed at many levels and is something we have been working hard on over the close season to improve. Shortly after I agreed to take on responsibility for all operational aspects of the football club, I sat down with the local newspaper for a Q&A and have continued dialogue with them on several occasions since. Plans are in place to do more local media interviews in the coming weeks, however all football matters will be left to the manager to discuss.

We are also in the process of finalising a new supporters consultation group details of which will be announced in due course.

This will provide representatives from all of the supporter groups, as well as invited individuals, to discuss their views, opinions and recommendations with members of the Board, the manager and senior staff at the club.

As you can see, providing clear lines of communication and building bridges with the supporters and local community as a whole remains at the forefront of our objectives.

This coming season, we need all true Rovers fans to get behind the club, so we hope we can rely on your support.

We value and appreciate your long-serving support and we hope to see you back at Ewood Park when the new campaign gets underway against Norwich City on Saturday August 6th.

Yours sincerely,

Mike Cheston

Director

He says a lot without saying much.

For quite a wordy email I agree. There are several points which could be disputed but I feel that is going to be as good as it gets. If it was in any way designed to get me to change my mind then it fails miserably.

For quite a wordy email I agree. There are several points which could be disputed but I feel that is going to be as good as it gets. If it was in any way designed to get me to change my mind then it fails miserably.

Simply repeats what he came out with in his previous interviews for the most part.

"This coming season, we need all true Rovers fans to get behind the club, so we hope we can rely on your support."

His tone seems to imply "if you don't get behind the team, you're not a real fan".

Archived