BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Legends Lounge Shut?

I used to have a seasonal pass for the Legends Lounge.

I see that for 2016/17 it is moving into Jack's Kitchen in the JW.

Looks like more savings. This may have been common knowledge of course and I missed it.

Is the old DE based Legends now given over to visiting fans to trash and deface?

On the face of it, and without being privy to the details of this, it does seem as though Rovers have stopped trying to woo back Rovers fans and are instead treating away fans as customers who are just as valued as local customers.

Give Venkys long enough and they will take everything away from us.

This has been done purely as cost cutting,last season Jacks kitchen was closed for quite a lot of games,there was between 40/50 season tickets in legends,it made sense to combine in one lounge,the legends this season will be open for certain games for AWAY supportors only,obviously the club seeing big away support Newcastle,Villa etc will hope to sell corporate to them,unfortunately we haven't got the support that we used to have,if by a miracle we get promoted it can be given back to home supportors.

This has been done purely as cost cutting,last season Jacks kitchen was closed for quite a lot of games,there was between 40/50 season tickets in legends,it made sense to combine in one lounge,the legends this season will be open for certain games for AWAY supportors only,obviously the club seeing big away support Newcastle,Villa etc will hope to sell corporate to them,unfortunately we haven't got the support that we used to have,if by a miracle we get promoted it can be given back to home supportors.

Seems a sensible move under the circumstances. The club has to maximise revenue where it can on matchdays. If it can increase revenue from away fans then it needs to do so. No point having areas empty when they can fill them with away fans.

• Moderation Lead

Seems a sensible move under the circumstances. The club has to maximise revenue where it can on matchdays. If it can increase revenue from away fans then it needs to do so. No point having areas empty when they can fill them with away fans.

Fair point, but I guess that's easier than the club addressing why there are so many empty areas.....

Fair point, but I guess that's easier than the club addressing why there are so many empty areas.....

Those at Ewood have to work with the situation as it is rather than how we want it to be. The owners are not selling and they aren't going to pump huge amounts of money to make the club competitive with the likes of Newcastle, Villa, Derby, Norwich etc. With decreasing income streams from ticket sales etc. the only alternative is to make as much as possible from 'away' fans. At some point I suspect the owners will sell to another foreign owner but in the meantime those are Ewood have simply to keep the club ticking over as best they can.

How long before they turn the riverside over to some then ?

Those at Ewood have to work with the situation as it is rather than how we want it to be. The owners are not selling and they aren't going to pump huge amounts of money to make the club competitive with the likes of Newcastle, Villa, Derby, Norwich etc. With decreasing income streams from ticket sales etc. the only alternative is to make as much as possible from 'away' fans. At some point I suspect the owners will sell to another foreign owner but in the meantime those are Ewood have simply to keep the club ticking over as best they can.

Still all their own making PB no matter how you dress it up

Loons out

How long before they turn the riverside over to some then ?

I expect that at the end of the season and Villa are going up they will move the Rovers fans for that game and give the whole of the DE and Riverside over to 11,500 Villa fans. And why not if we have only 8K'ish Roverrs fans on for the game.

I expect that at the end of the season and Villa are going up they will move the Rovers fans for that game and give the whole of the DE and Riverside over to 11,500 Villa fans. And why not if we have only 8K'ish Roverrs fans on for the game.

NOT IF VENKYSCUM HAVE DONE ONE BY THEN

That would be a good time to boycott. Just turn the whole ground over to them the accountant running the show and Venkys wouldn't care a toss if it was 20k away fans only, biggest gate of the season :o

Archived