BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

For me, Whittingham is a decent enough signing for a league one club strapped for cash. I don't see why there's so much uproar on here for the standard of player we're being linked with because what do people honestly expect? I'm certainly not expecting much at all from this transfer window, If Mowbray can get a few average players in and make them work then that'll do for me. We are in league one, most of the players we come up against next season not many of us will have heard of. This league is about getting a team together that works hard for each other and if Mowbray can get them playing with that level of passion then maybe we can have a go next season. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dunnfc said:

Nothing else?! That's the @#/? problem chaddy. Not good enough once promoted and the contract lengths mean we will struggle to offload whilst they clog the wage bill.

i don't give a flying @#/? if TM is trying to sign experience, the financial running of this club, the management structure needs to drastically improve. We've spent two years waiting for Akpan and others to sod off paid tens of millions to eruhu for the same mistakes made in the past.

This club just goes round and round in circles it's embarrassing to be associated with it at the minute 

The players we bring in regardless of there ability definitely need to be given contracts as sustainable as possible for the club, one thing about being relegated is we can get ourselves of the endless circles you referred too. Wouldn't count on our owners too do that though :lol: 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Nothing else?! That's the @#/? problem chaddy. Not good enough once promoted and the contract lengths mean we will struggle to offload whilst they clog the wage bill.

i don't give a flying @#/? if TM is trying to sign experience, the financial running of this club, the management structure needs to drastically improve. We've spent two years waiting for Akpan and others to sod off paid tens of millions to eruhu for the same mistakes made in the past.

This club just goes round and round in circles it's embarrassing to be associated with it at the minute 

Stop talking @#/?. We've signed one player so far on a 2-year contract.

Just now, Butty said:

The players we bring in regardless of there ability definitely need to be given contracts as sustainable as possible for the club, one thing about being relegated is we can get ourselves of the endless circles you referred too. Wouldn't count on our owners too do that though :lol: 

I know butty but the type of player needing to be signed should be ones with potential to improve, re sale value and ones young enough to go through the next league with etc.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Yes. So we get up then what? 

You get up and then you can actually attract championship players, you can't expect us to be signing a load of championship standard players because those on the market will be snapped up by championship clubs! We've not got a pot to @#/? in and we're in league one, lower your expectations mate because you'll only be disappointed. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I know butty but the type of player needing to be signed should be ones with potential to improve, re sale value and ones young enough to go through the next league with etc.

Right now the priority would be to get out of League One not re-sale value. We have been a re-sale value club for the last 7 years under Venky's and we ended up in League One....

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Then we improve the squad.

But then we are tied by ffp and unable to spend.  We will be carrying 'deadwood' again and be back to loans for any quality.  As I understand it, League 1 allows an owner to throw money at it if they have it 

If Mowbray/*Venkys are serious about 'having a go' and rebuilding. Then spend now, get an exciting young ish  team that may have the quality to compete in the higher reaches of the Champ.   

*venkys have never been serious

Just now, roverstdt said:

Right now the priority would be to get out of League One not re-sale value. We have been a re-sale value club for the last 7 years under Venky's and we ended up in League One....

We were for 18 months which resulted in 35 million or so of sales. Used to fund the club.

i agree that's the plan but you've got to look at the medium term, short termism costs inevitably more further down the line.

But then we are tied by ffp and unable to spend.  We will be carrying 'deadwood' again and be back to loans for any quality.  As I understand it, League 1 allows an owner to throw money at it if they have it 

If Mowbray/*Venkys are serious about 'having a go' and rebuilding. Then spend now, get an exciting young ish  team that may have the quality to compete in the higher reaches of the Champ.   

Bang on. Rebuild strongly with potential whilst your allowed too. We should be picking the best talents of Lower leagues. These owners just put six million of cash in, they must have been asked to do that! Why not explain this to them at the same time and ask for a further million or two.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

We were for 18 months which resulted in 35 million or so of sales. Used to fund the club.

i agree that's the plan but you've got to look at the medium term, short termism costs inevitably more further down the line.

What would you call Chris Samba, Nelsen, Phil Jones, N'Zonzi, Gestede, Rhodes, Cairney and forth then?

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Yeah I know what you're saying mate and I know we've relied heavily on player sales in recent years but these young players with a potential re-sale value cost a bit in the first place and I can't see us paying many fee's this summer so that's a big sticking point. 

What would you call Chris Samba, Nelsen, Phil Jones, N'Zonzi, Gestede, Rhodes, Cairney and forth then?

You mentioned resale under Venkys the above was just stripping. The point I was making was Gaz went out with a bit of change and brought value into the squad which subsequently was sold for far more. 

Sooner or later you have to re stock the fridge 

You don't have to breach FFP rules to improve the squad. FFP is based on losses, for the first time in a long time we have got rid of the majority of deadwood and massive wages and so our losses, hopefully, will be a lot smaller in the future.

Just now, Butty said:

You get up and then you can actually attract championship players, you can't expect us to be signing a load of championship standard players because those on the market will be snapped up by championship clubs! We've not got a pot to @#/? in and we're in league one, lower your expectations mate because you'll only be disappointed. 

We go up and we can't attract good champ players because we still won't have a pot to p in! The last 2 years have shown that. We just pay over the odds to get mediocre players in on long contracts. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

You mentioned resale under Venkys the above was just stripping. The point I was making was Gaz went out with a bit of change and brought value into the squad which subsequently was sold for far more. 

Sooner or later you have to re stock the fridge 

Would you not argue that the experience of Whittingham would add value to the young academy players who are coming through who he could potentially pass on knowledge and show professionalism that is missed today? 

Just now, Butty said:

Yeah I know what you're saying mate and I know we've relied heavily on player sales in recent years but these young players with a potential re-sale value cost a bit in the first place and I can't see us paying many fee's this summer so that's a big sticking point. 

They do butty but Smallwood rejected a 5k offer at Rotherham as apparently it's derisory so he'd be looking for a bit more. If you've got young hungry hoping to go to a club to kick in and get up to the 2nd tier the wages are considerably less thus meaning wages saved over a period of time amounts to the transfer fee. Like I said owners put on show of six million so someone advised them to do it, why didn't that person advise them that a kitty of a further million maybe required. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

No the aim should be getting promotion this season and getting back to Championship.

Mowbray is signing players with experience. we have signed one player in Whittingham with good stats and set pieces record. Plus he wants to play not sit on the bench at Cardiff. so he joined Rovers.

we linked with 26 years old player on a free transfer

for me, you just want to moan and whinge about everything Mowbray is doing. Mowbray is building a squad good enough to achieve promotion and he is signings players that fit into the formation and style of play Mowbray wants to play. He is targeting players that fit into these roles within the team; A proper recruitment plan instead of signings players then sort the formation and style out after we the transfer windows closes and we are 5 games into the season like last seasonj

Would you not argue that the experience of Whittingham would add value to the young academy players who are coming through who he could potentially pass on knowledge and show professionalism that is missed today? 

I'd agree with that especially if your offloading Mulgrew 

You don't have to breach FFP rules to improve the squad. FFP is based on losses, for the first time in a long time we have got rid of the majority of deadwood and massive wages and so our losses, hopefully, will be a lot smaller in the future.

The clubs fixed costs are more than 10 million alone, a wage bill of PNE a mid table type team is 13/14 million and the Championship revenues without parachute or solidarity payments is around 14 million. If your permitted to lose a max of just over 30 million In 3 years your cutting it fine at that. Let alone the fact your alluding to our 2015/2016 wage costs. Of course it's eased by player sales to ensure being under that threshold, but who's left to sell.

Not if we fill it with deadwood again!

Let's hope Mowbray is a magician and can bring in some cracking players for nowt.  Then we can sit back and enjoy the footy again.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

The clubs fixed costs are more than 10 million alone, a wage bill of PNE a mid table type team is 13/14 million and the Championship revenues without parachute or solidarity payments is around 14 million. If your permitted to lose a max of just over 30 million In 3 years your cutting it fine at that. Let alone the fact your alluding to our 2015/2016 wage costs. Of course it's eased by player sales to ensure being under that threshold, but who's left to sell.

It's £39m.

Archived