BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Think the sun is getting to some of the hand bag bitches on here.

Chill out people, it is the summer why constantly bitch about things that you have little knowledge of, no control over and no idea as to what is happening behind the scenes !

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

If I remember correctly Kamy decided to stay away from Ewood Park due to the signing of Stokes and his ties to the IRA and other extreme nationalist parties in Ireland 

Who are you referring to when you say "other extreme national parties"? 

Stokes is friends with some members of the real IRA which have little or nothing to do with nationalism or the IRA. They are a gang who are involved in your typical crimes like drugs and arms. The IRA as we know them have decommissioned their arms and have committed to making peace happen in Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland, like the Republic was planted by the British during their occupation. Similar to what the British empire did in many countries around the world against the wishes of the natives who lived there originally. Anyway, I digress. I don't care who Stokes is friends with as long as he attempts to be a proper professional footballer. 

Iirc - Stokes actually started last season fairly well and knocked a few goals in. If his head was int he right place he and Graham up top could bang in 30 between them easily I reckon. Would like some backups though if they both do stay on (which I still reckon wont happen for either)

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who are you referring to when you say "other extreme national parties"? 

Stokes is friends with some members of the real IRA which have little or nothing to do with nationalism or the IRA. They are a gang who are involved in your typical crimes like drugs and arms. The IRA as we know them have decommissioned their arms and have committed to making peace happen in Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland, like the Republic was planted by the British during their occupation. Similar to what the British empire did in many countries around the world against the wishes of the natives who lived there originally. Anyway, I digress. I don't care who Stokes is friends with as long as he attempts to be a proper professional footballer. 

Stokes can go to hell in a handcart.

Knowing that Stokes faced criminal and likely civil actions Coyle got him a long well paid contract at Rovers expense.

As things have panned out it's helped pay the large damages awarded to the assault victim.

Meanwhile the head on his shoulders has been soooo upset he's not been fit to play.

That's without mentioning anything else.

A complete and orchestrated Rovers ripp-off.

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

If I remember correctly Kamy decided to stay away from Ewood Park due to the signing of Stokes and his ties to the IRA and other extreme nationalist parties in Ireland 

Thought Kamy was of Indian descent? 

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

@Dunnfc found out the person who will be coming on trial yet? 

Two players got offered to most in the championship and a few top L1 teams, Dunny apparently couldn't be arssed to return the call to the lads agent so the LB joins a club next week on trial.

Midfielder was offered at same time his name is Petros Boumal

seen Smallwood set to dig after we beat millwall sheff Utd Bolton and burton to him. All sides which will be joining us in L1 soon. Says allot about the quality of the player.

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Dunn should be sacked then

We are in no position to turn people away without seeing them first

Agent is a localish guy who's a Rovers fan and a best mate if a mate so I don't think he'd be wanting to saddle the club with just anyone. 

Strange really.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

So you unhappy with him? 

Underwhelmed probably a more suitable adjective. Reason why Rotherham were an embarrassment last year. Given warnock knows him you'd have thought if he was half decent he'd be interested. Probably another 3 yr contract for a player who might be handy inL1 but spend two years in the champ not good enough.

Not a brilliant approach

13 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Two players got offered to most in the championship and a few top L1 teams, Dunny apparently couldn't be arssed to return the call to the lads agent so the LB joins a club next week on trial.

Midfielder was offered at same time his name is Petros Boumal

seen Smallwood set to dig after we beat millwall sheff Utd Bolton and burton to him. All sides which will be joining us in L1 soon. Says allot about the quality of the player.

Who do you think we should be competing for players with, Real Madrid? 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Underwhelmed probably a more suitable adjective. Reason why Rotherham were an embarrassment last year. Given warnock knows him you'd have thought if he was half decent he'd be interested. Probably another 3 yr contract for a player who might be handy inL1 but spend two years in the champ not good enough.

Not a brilliant approach

He is 21. Should we just write lads off when they get to that age?

Actually, have you even seen him play? 

53 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Stokes can go to hell in a handcart.

Knowing that Stokes faced criminal and likely civil actions Coyle got him a long well paid contract at Rovers expense.

As things have panned out it's helped pay the large damages awarded to the assault victim.

Meanwhile the head on his shoulders has been soooo upset he's not been fit to play.

That's without mentioning anything else.

A complete and orchestrated Rovers ripp-off.

I don't think anything was orchestrated. Coyle was just a bafoon. Stokes had just come from having a great season in Scotland. He was worth a punt on a short term deal. I still think he is capable of banging them in next season. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oh right, well that changes things then :D

26 and we've beaten button, sheff Utd, milllwall and Bolton to him. Sides which will scrap or get relegated to l1 next year. I'm a believer in signing players whom are better than what you've got. I'd have taken Guthrie over this lad anyday.

as for the Madrid quip no I'd expect ambition and more frugal financial management 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

26 and we've beaten button, sheff Utd, milllwall and Bolton to him. Sides which will scrap or get relegated to l1 next year. I'm a believer in signing players whom are better than what you've got. I'd have taken Guthrie over this lad anyday.

as for the Madrid quip no I'd expect ambition and more frugal financial management 

Guthrie is a crock though. We need a runner in midfield and Mowbray has worked with this guy before at Boro. Can he do what Jason Lowe did? 

Have you seen him play I asked :) 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Not a brilliant approach

Smallwood turned down a new contract at Rotherham. Plus he played under Mowbray at Boro during his time there.

You have suggest a foreign player who has no experience in this league or understand of League 1 football. so a experience centre midfielder with English experience or some unknown who has no idea of England or weather conditions. I know which one I would go with.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Smallwood is a ball winning midfielder not a playmaker like Guthrie was. Looking like Mowbray wants Smallwood to be the ball winning midfielder with Whittingham as a playmaker in a middle 2 centre midfield with 4-2-3-1 formation.

Burton under Nigel Clough were good and beat many people expectations last season.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Smallwood turned down a new contract at Rotherham. Plus he played under Mowbray at Boro during his time there.

You have suggest a foreign player who has no experience in this league or understand of League 1 football. so a experience centre midfielder with English experience or some unknown who has no idea of England or weather conditions. I know which one I would go with.

Smallwood is a ball winning midfielder not a playmaker like Guthrie was. Looking like Mowbray wants Smallwood to be the ball winning midfielder with Whittingham as a playmaker in a middle 2 centre midfield with 4-2-3-1 formation.

Burton under Nigel Clough were good and beat many people expectations last season.

Guthrie was a playmaker??

Archived