BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

I think yourself and Biz should be careful here to alluding that I've lied. That is simply not the case and was rebuffed directly to you when your first suggested this, two pages back. 

He could quite easily be mistaken, misquoted, PR spun to suit a story or maybe even human error. It's not like that's not ever happened before at this football club.

I've no agenda as confirmed over Mowbray, I've told you that Chaddy numerous times now. Fact is he's got all to prove as so far he's hardly done anything of note to write home about. Anti-Mowbray? I don't believe anyone is more so some people including my very self don't believe he went to India at all and remains cautious about how he will perform.

Mowbray went to India reported by 3 different sources including the official website, Rich Sharpe and Andy Bayes. If you choose to ignore them or call them untrustworthy or liars that your choice not mine. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

TBF we 

1 source regurgitated 3 times

Not aimed directly at you Suhail but this really needs binning and is achieving nothing.

On the Rovers site Mowbray was quoted as saying he went and enjoyed.

Unless proven otherwise he went.

Best left at that otherwise it gets messy on here for no good reason.

All we are really interested in is success on the 'Grass'

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

Has chaddy's personality flipped or something?

We've gone from 'help me' to 'I double dare you mother keaner!'

Just dont like people calling Mowbray a liar or not being honest. 

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Not aimed directly at you Suhail but this really needs binning and is achieving nothing.

On the Rovers site Mowbray was quoted as saying he went and enjoyed.

Unless proven otherwise he went.

Best left at that otherwise it gets messy on here for no good reason.

All we are really interested in is success on the 'Grass'

Exactly..

2 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

TBF we 

1 source regurgitated 3 times

3 sources. 

All spoke Mowbray. 

Are you saying isnt telling the truth?

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Anyway, whilst Whittingham is a decent signing for league 1.  It is hard to get too excited about a player we would have openly derided 4-5 years ago. You'd think we'd signed Iniesta by the amount of crooning Mowbray is doing.  Going to take much more than this to believe there is any kind of revolution.

It's like hiring big Sam, 13 years after winning the championship. Where is the ambition?

The owners wouldn't give the club a bean last summer and January to stay in the Championship, yet all of a sudden  they're prepared to bank roll massive wages and sign players in League 1. It doesnt add up. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Doesn't sound like we are going to bringing in many - reality is starting to bite now.  I never thought I'd see the day (even back in the 70s/80s when we were skint) when Bury are spending more than us.  

Just now, K-Hod said:

Any transfers then lads/lasses? Or what?

Sadly not but we really could have done with getting 3 players at least in through the door already. 

The longer we go without signing anyone, the more I worry Venkys have stopped answering the phone, which in turn leads to TM walking out. 

27 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

The owners wouldn't give the club a bean last summer and January to stay in the Championship, yet all of a sudden  they're prepared to bank roll massive wages and sign players in League 1. It doesnt add up. 

It hasn't happened yet. Whittingham was a free and his wages well covered by summer outgoings.

Let's wait and see if the Raos invest in players without selling first.

I will not be holding my breath as I wait.

Ewood sound bites are cheap but good players cost money on fees and or wages.

Leopards and Spots.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

No idea if that's sarcasm or a genuine point - depending on your viewpoint of Allardyce!

Sarcasm I'm afraid, never translates well in text especially after a few beers.

The point was it's not exactly relevant when we are division 3- who we would've signed 5 years ago. The irony also, PW's Cardiff sealed promotion 4 years ago, I doubt many would've derided or baulked at us signing him from a team that'd just achieved promotion!

I do see your point about "believing" in a revolution though. Will take much more than signing a 32 year old on a free, and keeping an actual manager. 

22 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Wages may just end up being large by League 1 standards. Bury's wage bill was £4.2m, Wimbledon £2.6m, Bristol Rovers £3.6m, Scunthorpe £5.3m (just picking out random teams). If Venky's is sanctioning a wage bill of, say, £10m (I forget what kind of turnover we're looking at now, but just picking out a number), then that's 'massive' relative to League 1. Suppose Venky's are essentially willing to fund £3m of losses every year. That's hardly any sort of commitment in the Championship but that's quite large for a League 1 club. As an absolute value, our year-to-year losses may now be quite small relative to Venky's supposed wealth.

They've got rid of Lowe, Akpan & Guthrie that's 3 midfielders taking up 30k pwk + in wages probably. So far they've replaced them with Whittingham on a 2 year c 10k pwk deal so they'll be delighted with that and the phone could very well be off the hook again now as the downgrade in numbers is taking shape.

A couple promoted from the youth or maybe a loan paid mostly by the parent club will replace the others that's the way it'll go let's be real and not expect too much. Whittingham will be the marquee signing.

Do we need to spend more than has been freed up by wages etc? Our squad was bloated with crap. Some quality additions, along with youth and we will have a quality league 1 side. We don't HAVE to sign players for fees. It seems some people here won't be happy unless we do, regardless if we can get players who are good or better and out of contract. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do we need to spend more than has been freed up by wages etc? Our squad was bloated with crap. Some quality additions, along with youth and we will have a quality league 1 side. We don't HAVE to sign players for fees. It seems some people here won't be happy unless we do, regardless if we can get players who are good or better and out of contract. 

Along with youth. You've been brainwashed sir! Everything coming out the Rovers PR machine is youth youth youth. It's cheap and can can sell at profit.

Only issue is our youth who've played in the FT are poor.

Archived