BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

13 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Apparently we are trying to sign Erhun Oztumer.

Walsall player, but apparently a very good player. Well balanced and creative with flair.

Be very happy with that, if allowed the freedom to play behind a striker he'd be a good signing for us. Lad definitely has ability

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sam Gallagher aint going to drop league 1 on loan when teams like Cardiff want to sign him permanent

Whittingham did so what's the difference ?

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'd have kept Lowe for League One if a deal could have been struck e.g. £5-10k a week rather than £20k.

I couldn't give a stuff about Mahoney leaving from a football perspective to be honest. I don't think he's done much and has a hell of a lot more to do to be a regular Championship player or better. Its more to do with what it represents that a prospect from the local area is being enticed away by clubs that until very recently couldn't get near Blackburn Rovers.

Fact remains that for the 2nd summer running we've had a mass exodus and turnover in playing personnel which simply cannot be healthy. But that's what happens when you keep changing managers who have different plans and ideas and have no football authority on the board who can oversee transfer policy. We still don't have that as it appears they are handing over complete control to Mowbray. Wonderful if it works out, but if it doesn't we'll be sat having this same exchange in 12 months with a different man at the helm and another 5-6 signings to find just to have a squad, never mind one that's good enough.

I'd have kept Lowe too but Mahoney is a loss. The lad is inconsistent but is bursting with potential that will mature in a few years into a top player. Another Josh King. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I'd have kept Lowe too but Mahoney is a loss. The lad is inconsistent but is bursting with potential that will mature in a few years into a top player. Another Josh King. 

In an ideal world I'd have kept him, but for the purposes of next season I think he is replaceable. I accept he has potential and if we could accommodate him for a while to see how he develops then great. But I won't be losing any sleep over it if he goes. Consider that we've lost Rhodes/Gestede/King/Cairney in the last few seasons he's nowhere near that level. He will undoubtedly end up at a higher level than Rovers in the next few years, but then again if we carry on as we are so will Delfouneso and Chris Taylor. I'd be amazed if Mahoney ended up remotely close to what Josh King has become.

Just now, JHRover said:

I an ideal world I'd have kept him, but for the purposes of next season I think he is replaceable. He will undoubtedly end up at a higher level than Rovers in the next few years, but then again if we carry on as we are so will Delfouneso and Chris Taylor. I'd be amazed if Mahoney ended up remotely close to what Josh King has become.

I think he'll be better. It's sad that we won't be watching him develop at Ewood. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I think he'll turn into a decent player for the level we operate at that's for sure so he was well worth nailing on a contract way before now.

However in terms of Lowe Tony has already recruited a far better player on probably less wages although he's older obviously but he does offer some actual football ability and goals/assists.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

However in terms of Lowe Tony has already recruited a far better player on probably less wages although he's older obviously but he does offer some actual football ability and goals/assists.

You comparing the job that Lowe does to Whittingham?

3 hours ago, JAL said:

Is Whittingham openly admitting that he'll be performing below the 100% required level and that he's asking the fans to give him that boost that will hopefully see him up his game to the 100 % level that the fans will be expecting anyway.

what the hell

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Jal has been asked numerous times, but has side stepped the question.

I like Whittingham. Bostock would be a good signing too. 

Adding to that, I would have a go at getting some of the following players; Shaun Maloney, Grant Leadbitter, Stephen Ireland, Damien Delaney, Adam Le Fondre, Dean Whitehead

So would I. Pretty unlikely though. Anyone else? 

Do u honestly think any of those players would be interested in coming to a crackpot club like rovers. Never mind their wages. Have people forgotten what venkys have done to this club? I get the impression some people think they have gotten us to the premier league.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I'd have kept Lowe for League One if a deal could have been struck e.g. £5-10k a week rather than £20k.

I couldn't give a stuff about Mahoney leaving from a football perspective to be honest. I don't think he's done much and has a hell of a lot more to do to be a regular Championship player or better. Its more to do with what it represents that a prospect from the local area is being enticed away by clubs that until very recently couldn't get near Blackburn Rovers.

Fact remains that for the 2nd summer running we've had a mass exodus and turnover in playing personnel which simply cannot be healthy. But that's what happens when you keep changing managers who have different plans and ideas and have no football authority on the board who can oversee transfer policy. We still don't have that as it appears they are handing over complete control to Mowbray. Wonderful if it works out, but if it doesn't we'll be sat having this same exchange in 12 months with a different man at the helm and another 5-6 signings to find just to have a squad, never mind one that's good enough.

You'd have kept a proven failure over an unproven prospect? Doesn't seem a great strategy.

Everyone seems obsessed with Jason Lowe's great engine and seem to ignore the fancy that he has no end product. In fact, I'd say he has a minus end product because he took away from our effectiveness.

When he has been out of action our form and attacking focus has improved. The one season he was an ever present we were dire to watch and relegated.

Just now, roverandout said:

Do u honestly think any of those players would be interested in coming to a crackpot club like rovers. Never mind their wages. Have people forgotten what venkys have done to this club? I get the impression some people think they have gotten us to the premier league.

Mulgrew came  here. Whittingham also. Ya, I do think some of the above would join if Mowbray sold it to them and offered them enough wages. 

6 minutes ago, Biz said:

You comparing the job that Lowe does to Whittingham?

Nope i'm saying he's a better footballer and that gives us a chance to rebuild midfield hopefully with a slightly different system than we've had for years because that was soley designed to accommodate the players we had.

Shouldn't be the way it should be bring in players to fit your system. Besides it really shouldn't be difficult to find a workhorse at this level to replace Lowe but it needs to be someone with bite not bark. Also i'd imagine PW has taken up the bulk of the Lowe wages freed up.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

would you have kept any of out of contract players apart from Mahoney and maybe Guthrie?

if we are signing Ben Gladwin, it would require a fee possible as he is still under contract until next summer? unless it a loan for 6 months

do we need to spend money on centre back when we have 4 already at the club? seems a waste to me tbh

on sales, I think Mulgrew will go from the 1st eleven. I think Steele, Feeney and Stokes will go and I would be very happy to let them leave and replace them.

according to a few on twitter its Ben Gladwin, whether it true I don't know

what a load of rubbish. Signing Whittingham who is good at passing, set pieces and scores goals. Plus signed to play a specific role within the team.

Smallwood signed to be the ball winning midfielder within the team.

don't see him as a Mowbray's type player and where would he fit into Mowbray formation and style?

You are the one making these statements about no signings in June.

I wouldn't have kept most of the out of contract players. If Players like Feeney, Steele and Stokes leave then no problem as long as they are replacement

if we are stuggling in December it would make your day I bet?

The club needs the fans

You don't half say Mowbray an awful lot.

You can't shout down anyone who dares question one of the signings are something that he has done.

I am glad hes manager and he did show promise, but at the end of the day he failed the task that was outlined to him last season, and has only signed one player.

You have decided to guess the formation he will play, you speak about these players from your possibly made up source as if they have signed already, and aggressively shut down anyone who dares to disagree with you, now even saying that people would be happy if we failed.

You are presuming the exact role that every signing will play. Also, who is going to take Feeney, Stokes and Steele off our hands? Its not Football Manager.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You can't shout down anyone who dares question one of the signings are something that he has done.

I am glad hes manager and he did show promise, but at the end of the day he failed the task that was outlined to him last season, and has only signed one player.

You have decided to guess the formation he will play, you speak about these players from your possibly made up source as if they have signed already, and aggressively shut down anyone who dares to disagree with you, now even saying that people would be happy if we failed.

You are presuming the exact role that every signing will play. Also, who is going to take Feeney, Stokes and Steele off our hands? Its not Football Manager.

Chaddy has no contacts apart from following Nicko on Twitter  he's a fraud whom believes in  everything that comes out of Ewood.. It's as if the last seven years haven't happened 

Just now, tomphil said:

Nope i'm saying he's a better footballer and that gives us a chance to rebuild midfield hopefully with a slightly different system than we've had for years because that was soley designed to accommodate the players we had.

Shouldn't be the way it should be bring in players to fit your system. Besides it really shouldn't be difficult to find a workhorse at this level to replace Lowe but it needs to be someone with bite not bark. Also i'd imagine PW has taken up the bulk of the Lowe wages freed up.

Goalposts moved a bit! I agree on the wage JL was probably on, but I agree completely with JHR on this. 

You said;

"However in terms of Lowe Tony has already recruited a far better player on probably less wages although he's older obviously but he does offer some actual football ability and goals/assists."

With that, the reference to "stats" added in brought me to the idea you felt he was a direct replacement. Hence why I asked the question of comparing.

They are completely different. One is more of an attacking central midfielder or number 10, the other is a hardworking, energetic and versatile defensive player. In the a better situation, we'd have both options.

7 minutes ago, Biz said:

Goalposts moved a bit! I agree on the wage JL was probably on, but I agree completely with JHR on this. 

You said;

"However in terms of Lowe Tony has already recruited a far better player on probably less wages although he's older obviously but he does offer some actual football ability and goals/assists."

With that, the reference to "stats" added in brought me to the idea you felt he was a direct replacement. Hence why I asked the question of comparing.

They are completely different. One is more of an attacking central midfielder or number 10, the other is a hardworking, energetic and versatile defensive player. In the a better situation, we'd have both options.

No goal post moving at all, i'll pitch you this PW is 32/33 years old and dropping down a level to a league where I think long ball is often first option by opostition so what's to say he couldn't sit in front of the back four and try and dictate play from there like a lower level Tugay or Cowans ?

Mowbray has said he wants to get it down and play so perhaps get an enforcer to play a bit further up as well. Sadly for Lowe whatever any ones opinion on him when he's been deployed there he's been consistent in what was annually one of the weakest midfields in the Championship. Time to move on from him.

Just now, Eternal Optimist said:

Oh my god why are people so obsessed with Jason Lowe, he's left! Ex player, move on

Here here and 5000 times here. Why is he not getting pelters for wanting a better wage elsewhere but Mahoney and others who've left do ?

Get young Tommo in and Lowe will be an afterthought :)

Just now, tomphil said:

No goal post moving at all, i'll pitch you this PW is 32/33 years old and dropping down a level to a league where I think long ball is often first option by opostition so what's to say he couldn't sit in front of the back four and try and dictate play from there like a lower level Tugay or Cowans ?

Mowbray has said he wants to get it down and play so perhaps get an enforcer to play a bit further up as well. Sadly for Lowe whatever any ones opinion on him when he's been deployed there he's been consistent in what was annually one of the weakest midfields in the Championship. Time to move on from him.

Not sure this style of play is suitable in l1 either

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

you dont half talk some rubbish there.

The source isn't made up at all but you just made assumptions cos you don't like it. The source isn't Nixon at all. I will repeat this again for certain people the source isn't Nixon at all

Not been aggressively at all but just think some people like a moan and whinge at all and have to be very negative.

Look at Mowbray's formation at WBA and Boro he played and the way they played. He has talk about playing attacking football and with a certain style. is 3-4-2-1 formation wasn't like that but much more defensively. his 4-2-3-1 formation at WBA was a attacking style of play and passing style. Mowbray has talked about getting the ball and playing it on the ground

Look at the players we have been linked with so far. does it look like we will be defensively? we have been with 2 attacking midfielders plus Smallwood and Whittingham.

at the role within a team? I don't believe Mowbray is just looking for any signings and he will sort the formation out after a couple of games like Coyle did. But signing players to fit within the system and the role Mowbray wants them to play in.

Stokes been linked with Hibs already. did you miss that?

someone on here says he heard Brighton want Steele as no 2 for them.

Feeney might go and I don't see him a big part under Mowbray if he stays

Nobody mention football manager at all apart from you, so you want to go back to playing your game and enjoy it

Archived