BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Well he's available on a free so that's the first hurdle overcome.

He's 39 later this year and plays at CB which is the only position we're reasonably well stocked in with Ward/Lenihan and Mulgrew. Unless the grand scheme of selling Lenihan/Mulgrew is about to begin...

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I heard he's still shyte. Rangers last season wasn't he?

If he married Simon Eastwood...

Yep he was pal. He was pretty good, just slow.

murdered dembele in the OF. Was well liked but I'd imagine he'd want a move close to home, think he's scouse.

I don't get this suggest players we should be buying idea. Surely that's why we employ scouts if we still do and a coaching team with a manager. It's their job to find players because they know what they're looking for. I haven't a clue what Mowbray wants or thinks he might be able to get. I haven't a clue if the players available at miniscule to no cost would be willing to come here, would fit Mowbray ideas or would be any good as League 1 players. I don't have a problem with people suggesting players in a "What might you think if we were looking at this guy from X, Y, or Z. However, I don't understand people getting aggressive because others won't play the suggestions game and just want to come on here to hear reasonably likely rumours and news of actual signings

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

I don't get this suggest players we should be buying idea. Surely that's why we employ scouts if we still do and a coaching team with a manager. It's their job to find players because they know what they're looking for. I haven't a clue what Mowbray wants or thinks he might be able to get. I haven't a clue if the players available at miniscule to no cost would be willing to come here, would fit Mowbray ideas or would be any good as League 1 players. I don't have a problem with people suggesting players in a "What might you think if we were looking at this guy from X, Y, or Z. However, I don't understand people getting aggressive because others won't play the suggestions game and just want to come on here to hear reasonably likely rumours and news of actual signings

I believe we have a few scouts still.

when certain people are pretty much moaning at every opportunity about possibly signings or links, then when asked for who they would go for, they cannot name any or take the high road.

What Mowbray wants? He has read in a LT article recently how he wants to play by getting the ball down and play good football. He has also mention roles of players within the formation and style.

Mo one has been aggressive at all.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I did say within 48 hours yesterday the Smallwood would be completed.

I would prefer Otzumer over Bostock. for the following reasons, he knows the league and is playing currently in it. A number 10 role player so would fit what I believe will be Mowbray's 1st choice formation 4-2-3-1 this season

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sam Gallagher aint going to drop league 1 on loan when teams like Cardiff want to sign him permanent

Whittingham dropped down to league one with Rovers so what's the difference ?

You're at it again though. People can't name who they'd go for because they haven't a clue who is available or how much they'd cost or whatever because they're not football managers. They don't want to play guessing games. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would prefer Otzumer over Bostock. for the following reasons, he knows the league and is playing currently in it. A number 10 role player so would fit what I believe will be Mowbray's 1st choice formation 4-2-3-1 this season

Nobody likes a know-it-all Chaddy, And iirc it was Boroblue who was saying he'd defo sign.

Is Otzumer the small left-footed chap they call the 'messi' of somewhere or other? 

Just now, JAL said:

As a Rovers fan which one would you prefer.

The one who has just joined is on a downward trajectory. The one who has just left is on an upward trajectory. However, Whitto may turn out to be far more important to Rovers then Gally ever was. Funny old game...

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Nobody likes a know-it-all Chaddy, And iirc it was Boroblue who was saying he'd defo sign.

Is Otzumer the small left-footed chap they call the 'messi' of somewhere or other? 

Absolutely; it's easy to stick your neck on the line and say we'll sign someone after a solid link materialises!

Anyway what's Tony Watt up to these days?

edit - Watt the frig? It seems he's set up a film reviews twitter account; that was unexpected @watt2watch

33 minutes ago, JAL said:

Whittingham dropped down to league one with Rovers so what's the difference ?

Whittingham and Gallagher are different situations and different players.

32 minutes ago, gumboots said:

You're at it again though. People can't name who they'd go for because they haven't a clue who is available or how much they'd cost or whatever because they're not football managers. They don't want to play guessing games. 

I gave a list of players a couple of weeks ago which was sensible and realistic. I have a very good football knowledge. I mainly look at the free transfer market.

it isn't hard work at all. Just basic football knowledge is need

32 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I posted the Info when I received. it was at 19.49 pm Sunday night. BoroBlue came after I said it would be done within 48 hours

Oztumer is the left footed player from Walsall. Reminds me of a young Wes Hoolahan.

here is a youtube video of him from 2016/17 season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2knloSF6a0

enjoy it pal

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I believe we have a few scouts still.

when certain people are pretty much moaning at every opportunity about possibly signings or links, then when asked for who they would go for, they cannot name any or take the high road.

What Mowbray wants? He has read in a LT article recently how he wants to play by getting the ball down and play good football. He has also mention roles of players within the formation and style.

Mo one has been aggressive at all.

Having Whittingham pulling the strings from deep, Smallwood doing the dirty work and Oztumer just behind Graham would be very solid for League one. I think Walsall would want a decent fee for Oztumer and I have doubts we'd be able to afford it and who knows if Graham will be here come the start of the season so I'm not holding my breath :lol:

8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I gave a list of players a couple of weeks ago which was sensible and realistic. I have a very good football knowledge. I mainly look at the free transfer market.

it isn't hard work at all. Just basic football knowledge is need

Chaddy - did you read blueboy's advice at all? Given he's very tolerant/supportive of positivity and alternative views when someone of that ilk gives you a warning not to appear a know-it-all then it is probably worth heeding their advice. As it is your next statement is arrogant and dismissive to others who for many good reasons (kids? a life outside football? not having seen this division for 20+ years?) may not have that info.

You post some really great updates on Rovers news but there seem to have been a lot of digs and boasts recently.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

Tumbleweeds blowing past Ewood to the faint echoes of polite clapping

Excitement in some quarters that we will hire someone from Rotherham who finished where last season ? Sounds like that might strengthen our team. This season is going to be so bad !

Fortunately I have already decided to spend my second season as NAPM unless of course the idiots vacate the club, at which time I will immediately pop down & buy a season ticket.

Someone who was surplus to requirements at Rotherham at the beginning of last season and loaned to Sconthorpe. Called back in January when manager changed to aid relegation battle....and failed.

Still I have never seen him play so am an auto knownowt.

Archived