BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, JacknOry said:

Yeah if we dont talk about it - maybe they will go away right? Lets just shrug everything under the rug and think about signing free transfers from Rotherham.

Ok so we talk about it.....that doesn't make them go away either so I'm struggling to understand your point! You can not slate any transfer, free or £100 million until you've seen him actually play, in not accepting judging before he's been given a chance. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eternal Optimist said:

I agree the last seven years have been pretty $*^# but Mowbray is not a stupid man and I honestly don't think he'd have signed a new contract after being told you get nothing to spend, just doesn't add up! Also think he knows players will be sold, mulgrew is not going to play League one so I think he will get the cash we receive to spend on new! Sorry if I infuriate you but it's time to stop "protesting" (it's not working) and just support whoever is on the pitch! 

We will be lucky to field anyone on the pitch in a few years time. Do you not understand the seriousness of what is happening to this football club? 

Lambert was promised he had money as well - they are all promised. We have spent 250k in 2 years. Why do you think because Mowbray 'says' he was promised money means it will happen? Is there any precedence to this? I like Mowbray but he is the latest in the line of fools to be hoodwinked by the Venkies.

Just now, Butty said:

I'd call myself a 'protester' but that doesn't mean when I go to Ewood where I've only missed a handful of games since the early 2000's I don't support whoever is on the pitch, what an absolutely ridiculous statement. Poor from you that.

But are you one that spends your time chanting "we want venkys out"??

Ok so we talk about it.....that doesn't make them go away either so I'm struggling to understand your point! You can not slate any transfer, free or £100 million until you've seen him actually play, in not accepting judging before he's been given a chance. 

Im not judging the player per se. Im judning the football club. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Wow - so you dont want Venks out?

Yes of course I do but chanting it achieves absolutely nothing! What has it achieved? Enlighten me! Seven years of chanting and they seem more intent now of staying than ever before so it's probably had the opposite effect! All it does is create a very negative atmosphere 

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Whittingham and Smallwood are two good players to take us back to the championship. 

Team at the moment:

Raya

Nyambe, Leninhan, Mulgrew, Williams

Bennett, Evans, Whittingham, Smallwood, Conway

Graham

Subs: Ward,  Wharton, Stokes, Steele, Feeney, Tomlinson.

This starting eleven would be the strongest in league one. More quality needed IF players get injured.

There is absolutely no pace in that side.  We have lacked pace since the Bellamy/Pongoll days.

But are you one that spends your time chanting "we want venkys out"??

Where are you going with this? Can't believe what I'm reading. Definitely a dingle on the wind up

Having looked at the comments from the supporters of the previous clubs of both whittingham and Smallwood there has never been a question about their commitment and professionalism. It will make a refreshing change to some of the jellymen who have pulled on our shirt over the last few years. Ability you cant help but attitude you can and we have had a lot of players with supposed ability and questionable attitude. Let's hope Mowbray is putting together a team based on character because that's what we need.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

There is absolutely no pace in that side.  We have lacked pace since the Bellamy/Pongoll days.

I was going to say i'd like to see a real pacey winger from somewhere as another one of our recurring problems is we have been too pedestrian.

I cannot get into the minds of some on here. its like they think that one day we are all going to wake up and we are back in the Premier League. They do not realise that actually, there is more chance that we will wake up with no football club at all. Yet, we are the ones being negative, not following the team, not trusting our manager/owners.  

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Eternal Optimist said:

I am pretty confident (hence the name) that we will spend money in the next few weeks which will obviously make a lovely change......then maybe the doom mongers in here will pipe down for a short period of time

I'll be honest, I don't think the doom mongers want to be so, it's just Venky's have spent £300k and recouped £30 Million in the last few years selling anything of value. What makes you think they'll do a complete 180? (Don't get me wrong, I'd be delighted if they did, but it's hardly been their modus operandi recently, has it?)

People aren't miserable for the sake of it, they just know that under Venky's things have been continually worse and there hasn't really been anything that's happened that suggests they're going to be sound all of a sudden and put us back where they found us!

Venkys created the mess we were in, yes, but they aren't gonna fix it by heaping more debt onto the club in big fees and high wages. They are taking a responsible sensible approach. Does that mean its a long road back? Yes it does. We have no divine right to be in the premier league.

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Whittingham and Smallwood are two good players to take us back to the championship. 

Team at the moment:

Raya

Nyambe, Leninhan, Mulgrew, Williams

Bennett, Evans, Whittingham, Smallwood, Conway

Graham

Subs: Ward,  Wharton, Stokes, Steele, Feeney, Tomlinson.

This starting eleven would be the strongest in league one. More quality needed IF players get injured.

It's decent alright. Some of them cannot be relied on due to their injury susceptibility though.  We need 3-4 more in before pre season 

Just now, JayPeeBee40 said:

Venkys created the mess we were in, yes, but they aren't gonna fix it by heaping more debt onto the club in big fees and high wages. They are taking a responsible sensible approach. Does that mean its a long road back? Yes it does. We have no divine right to be in the premier league.

Not you as well!

Sensible approach?

They would not know sensible if it bit their cox off!

Just now, JacknOry said:

Not you as well!

Sensible approach?

They would not know sensible if it bit their cox off!

I agree with the sensible financial approach, yes. 

Folk saying they should be buying league ones best young talent are in cloud cuckoo land..

You do know what you're saying right?

Your're giving them credit for being sensible. The same sensible that got us relegated two divisions. With hardly ANY money spent but more than 100 million recouped in transfer fess. 

Am i in some transulesnt (whatever i cant be bothered) dream here right now? It like everyone is excited to be in League 1 and are thankful that the Venkies have agreed to pay WAGES. A few more rejects from the likes of Rotherham and people are assuming its automatic promotion. Wasn't the same said when we went from PL to Championship. We were told Europe in 5 years with Beckham and Ronaldinho! THe fools did not even know you could get relegated!

Just now, JacknOry said:

You do know what you're saying right?

Your're giving them credit for being sensible. The same sensible that got us relegated two divisions. With hardly ANY money spent but more than 100 million recouped in transfer fess. 

Am i in some transulesnt (whatever i cant be bothered) dream here right now? It like everyone is excited to be in League 1 and are thankful that the Venkies have agreed to pay WAGES. A few more rejects from the likes of Rotherham and people are assuming its automatic promotion. Wasn't the same said when we went from PL to Championship. We were told Europe in 5 years with Beckham and Ronaldinho! THe fools did not even know you could get relegated!

I've told you they've made terrible errors in the past, but their approach last season and now of being financially sensible is the correct approach in my opinion.

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

It's shocking Jackonory, yet not unexpected. There's nowt as queer as folk.

Their approach to last season condemned us before a ball was kicked you fool.

Yes, one of the costs of being financially sensible is the risk of relegation. That's what happened, but the approach is still correct. What would you prefer, throwing money about that risks the clubs entire existence? Bill fox wouldn't have done that as you well know.

I agree strategically inept as a minimum but that only applies if you are the core business. We are an advertising punt that went wrong. There here because what appears to us as important to them is irrelevant. Where a right off in the overall accounts.

52 minutes ago, JayPeeBee40 said:

Sensible responsible approach my god is this the return of Spark ? 

I'm out!

Its people like you Peewee Herman or whatever your name is, that is making this possible for the fraudsters. You are defending what they are doing, even agreeing they should only get in freebies and be financially prudent. These are the same people that have spent millions paying off 30 managers, 200 mercenary footballers, and 3 billion agents getting their cuts of the pie (yes, i might have exagerated).  

What you do not understand is, that in League 1, they can spend if they want. They dont have any excuses to hide behind. There is no FFP like it was in the Championship. And boy did they hide behind that excuse in the league above! These 'billionaires' if they cared about the club would be out there snapping up all the best talent from lower leagues and out of contract players.  There are no rules to stop them. If they want to pay wages - they can. 

How you can even dare to defend the action of our owners. Just be lucky you aint in the pub with me after what they have done to this club. Spending money on wages does not even need to be on the books of the club. It would not effect us - so there is no need to say its risking our existance. They can take it on the chin themselves but wont.  

The only thing threatening our existence is these chicken loving fraudsters!

Archived