BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we drop to that level everything that Jack built up at Brockhall and the Academy would be long gone. It would be a shell of a club playing somewhere other than Ewood in front of a thousand or so, possibly a lot less. People need to be careful for they wish for.

It might only take one relegation before Brockhall is sold off to Burnley.

Lowe = the new Jason Wilcox

Let's just put this to bed once and for all the guy is crap and always has been we've been down this road over and over yet still the same outcome.

I've nothing against him I want him to do well but he isn't a right back whilst he's got a hole in his behind and he offers naff all in midfield. Never knock his effort but his leadership is about as meek as David Camerons was. A poor poor player of league 1 standard but as the whole lot gets worse he'll probably end up one of the better ones. He'll come in handy next season .....

Just a bit. Maybe when Lowe has a Premier League winner's medal it might be a comparison worth making.

Wilcox used to get stick off the fans no matter what he did - he could put the ball on Shearer's 4 times out of 5 - but the one where he didn't was always the one some fans concentrated on.

Similarly yesterday - there is an element that only pick up on Lowe's errors - and not the good things he did. In the same way - no way was Lowe the worst player on the pitch - but he is always the one some fans immediately pick on.

• Backroom

Wilcox used to get stick off the fans no matter what he did - he could put the ball on Shearer's 4 times out of 5 - but the one where he didn't was always the one some fans concentrated on.

Similarly yesterday - there is an element that only pick up on Lowe's errors - and not the good things he did. In the same way - no way was Lowe the worst player on the pitch - but he is always the one some fans immediately pick on.

The difference is that Wilcox was a decent player who was unfairly treated. Lowe is a poor player who has been a mainstay in a team which has chronically underachieved and declined for six years. I don't think he's a scapegoat at all, it's just recognition of his lack of ability. The fact he's captain is just another slap in the face to those who have season tickets.

I do agree there are worse players in the team, such as Henley, but he gets plenty of stick too.

Let's just put this to bed once and for all the guy is crap and always has been we've been down this road over and over yet still the same outcome.

I've nothing against him I want him to do well but he isn't a right back whilst he's got a hole in his behind and he offers naff all in midfield. Never knock his effort but his leadership is about as meek as David Camerons was. A poor poor player of league 1 standard but as the whole lot gets worse he'll probably end up one of the better ones. He'll come in handy next season .....

That's your opinion - he is no world beater - but IMO he isn't crap.

What typifies some people's blind spot with him - he was constantly criticised for not getting "stuck in" - yesterday he made three or four crunching tackles - which stopped some good breaks for Norwich - it would appear that none of the fans that have some form of instant dislike for Lowe seem to mention this - they just saw the one time he allowed a pass to go under his foot.

What typifies some people's blind spot with him - he was constantly criticised for not getting "stuck in" - yesterday he made three or four crunching tackles - which stopped some good breaks for Norwich - it would appear that none of the fans that have some form of instant dislike for Lowe seem to mention this - they just saw the one time he allowed a pass to go under his foot.

Off course you're right DMTP, but you had to be there to realise this!

The difference is that Wilcox was a decent player who was unfairly treated. Lowe is a poor player who has been a mainstay in a team which has chronically underachieved and declined for six years. I don't think he's a scapegoat at all, it's just recognition of his lack of ability. The fact he's captain is just another slap in the face to those who have season tickets.

I do agree there are worse players in the team, such as Henley, but he gets plenty of stick too.

Why is Lowe being captain a slap in the face for season ticket holders ? It isn't necessarily the best player that makes the captain - it is sometimes the one that can motivate his team mates, and has the respect of the squad. Do you know that Lowe doesn't have the respect of his fellow players, or can't motivate the team ?

I don't know whether he will be a good captain or not - but if you have the inside track into what is being said at Brockhall by the players about Lowe's appointment - please share.

• Backroom

Why is Lowe being captain a slap in the face for season ticket holders ? It isn't necessarily the best player that makes the captain - it is sometimes the one that can motivate his team mates, and has the respect of the squad. Do you know that Lowe doesn't have the respect of his fellow players, or can't motivate the team ?

I don't know whether he will be a good captain or not - but if you have the inside track into what is being said at Brockhall by the players about Lowe's appointment - please share.

How'd he get on yesterday motivating the lads?

First only came about because of a mistake by Lowe though.

Glad someone else pointed this out, the highlights didn't really show it but it all stemmed from Lowe giving the ball away when he should have lumped it into W12.

As has been mentioned Lowe did make a few good tackles and in fairness to him he tried to get about people, on the effort and endeavour front I have no gripes with him but in terms of positioning and decision making he was at fault for 1 goal and played a significant role in 2 others yesterday.

Glad someone else pointed this out, the highlights didn't really show it but it all stemmed from Lowe giving the ball away when he should have lumped it into W12

Fans can't have it both ways - I have seen numerous messages saying that we didn't keep the ball enough, kept lumping it forward.

Well I didn't see it but I've seen enough of him in the past to imagine what he was like. I'd say that putting in crunching tackles is what he supposed to be doing so no need for extra praise he's just doing his job, I'm sure they got a round of applause if they were good tackles.

Sadly when his faults are costing goals then that will get highlighted before anything else.

Fans can't have it both ways - I have seen numerous messages saying that we didn't keep the ball enough, kept lumping it forward.

Granted, however there is a time and a place for ball retention and a time for getting rid. It all comes down to decision making and ours in general was poor yesterday. I don't think anyone could argue that Lowe shouldn't have cleared his lines prior to the first goal.

How'd he get on yesterday motivating the lads?

He was the one player (along with Lenihan) that got stuck in - and IMO it motivated both the players and the fans (especially the tackle on Olsson). At the end of the day the strange tactics where Apkan was further forward than Marshall for most of the match was our downfall rather than Lowe's ability as a captain.

Well I didn't see it but I've seen enough of him in the past to imagine what he was like. I'd say that putting in crunching tackles is what he supposed to be doing so no need for extra praise he's just doing his job, I'm sure they got a round of applause if they were good tackles.

Sadly when his faults are costing goals then that will get highlighted before anything else.

So you didn't see the match - but can come on here giving your opinion of Lowe's performance - that really sums up some people's weird obsession with having it in for Lowe

He did. It was obvious from his first challenge on Olsson that he wanted to hurt him, fair but hard tackles.

He eventually put him out of the game. Well done Lowe.

DMTP is spot on about Darragh and Jason, in terms of effort neither could be faulted yesterday. I also agree on the bemusing deployment of Akpan.

Unfortunately we need more than effort

• Backroom

He was the one player (along with Lenihan) that got stuck in - and IMO it motivated both the players and the fans (especially the tackle on Olsson). At the end of the day the strange tactics where Apkan was further forward than Marshall for most of the match was our downfall rather than Lowe's ability as a captain.

If you think Lowe has the attributes to be a good captain, then OK. I personally think not, but it's all about opinions, isn't it? In the grand scheme of things it's a very small thing. We have a much darker cloud hanging over our head that goes by the name of Venky's. Anything else is irrelevant in comparison.

So you didn't see the match - but can come on here giving your opinion of Lowe's performance - that really sums up some people's weird obsession with having it in for Lowe

Yep that's about the strength of it based on seeing near enough every game he's played for us at Ewood and a good number away. I gave my opinion of what to expect from him before the season began and reading the comments on here it seems to back that up.

You have a long history of seeing the opposite in Jason Lowe to most others on here so I'd say it's you who has some weird obsession with him whilst others can see further than the end of their nose.

Archived