BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

Just spoke to a Burnley fan and he said to take some solace from the following fact. The season they won promotion with Coyle began with a 4-1 drubbing at the hands of Sheffield Wednesday.

Perhaps it's a Coyle thing. Lower expectations, end big.

ReturnOfTheFlyingPigsCROPPED_1.jpg

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we should stick with Venkys destroying the first team that Jack worked so hard for to protect the academy set up that he built?

That's backwards logic. The academy is there to support the first team, not the other way around.

People aren't wishing for the club to fold, Parson, but we are unsustainable with Venkys in charge.

Serious question for you - as you are ignoring all of my points this morning - with Venkys remaining in charge, were do you see Rovers in three years?

No Stuart, I want Venkys gone. However, they will only leave when it is in their interests to go and as the decline of the football club seems not to interest them, I'm not sure what the trigger will be to persuade them to leave. I also think it will take a substantial sum of money to buy them out. In the meantime I will support the club in the hope we can survive long enough to reach the point where the owners want to sell and a buyer comes in wanting to take the club forward.

In your opinion.

In my opinion, by going you are showing direct support for Venkys and what they have done here. In my opinion, by going to watch you are extending the torture of the Venkys reign.

Finally, in my opinion, by supporting the running of Rovers financially you are no supporter of Blackburn Rovers no matter how much you try to persuade yourself differently.

Sorry but that is absolute rubbish and just untrue. You are purely trying to justify yourself.

Personally I think the club is dead in the water. Under the current ownership and structure it just can't operate successfully or anything like solvently That's why some of us think we are better off crashing and burning now while some people are still interested enough to care rather than in 5 years time when we are down the leagues with crowds of 3 or 4 thousand. That's where we're headed under this status quo and there's surely no doubt about that.

It's a case of how quickly can we burn the whole place to the ground. There is no other show in town then getting us to admin ASAP.

Unless I am mistaken he was at Clitheroe Cricket club.

Yesterday was just shambolic. I left my seat after the second goal and went onto the concourse for a beer. I then left at half time and was in a pub in Darwen centre for 4.20!

Read were worse than Rovers

Give it a rest man.

You have chosen one comment to post but ignore everything else.

But thats what you do tho to me.

Chris i have no issue with you, and i commend you and all those who care about the club, who want to support through the bad times. However, there are times when our entire fan base need to stand together and make a point about the state the club is in... We all love and care for the club, but many understand that Venkys are a huge problem, in getting this club to where it was before.

If Venkys had not owned us, and we got relegated a few times, but had people like John Williams and Tom Finn in charge, we would have looked at things very differently. We have been through this before in 99, got relegated, but got a respected manager like Souness in. People from top to bottom knew exactly what was needed to have success. From 2001 to 2009, we were living it large in the PL, playing hard against the very best, and succeeding despite the many challengers of being told we are a small club etc. This is not about you or me, this is about changing the mindset of people to look at things from a completely different point of view. The club needs you yes, you need the club, but Venkys are doing the best they can to take this club away from us. We cannot be happy about what has happened over the last 6 years, we cannot continue to see these things happening that have derailed this club.

As a fan from afar, i cannot and dont have the right to tell you or anybody what to do. However, i am appealing to you and those able to, to think about the club, its values, its stature within the community of Blackburn and surrounding areas, to rethink things, and stand up for what is right, and fight to get this club back.

No Stuart, I want Venkys gone. However, they will only leave when it is in their interests to go and as the decline of the football club seems not to interest them, I'm not sure what the trigger will be to persuade them to leave. I also think it will take a substantial sum of money to buy them out. In the meantime I will support the club in the hope we can survive long enough to reach the point where the owners want to sell and a buyer comes in wanting to take the club forward.

I wish I knew why it is in their interest to stay!

Heard an interesting one yesterday from someone who knows Ronnie Jepson. Warnock had the job, Jepson was coming in with him and they had identified players to come in.

He was going to bring Dunny in with him after meeting him on goals on Sunday and keeping in touch.

It all fell down, as he put it, if Warnock was doing it for £100 Coyle wormed his way in and said he could do it for £10.

The owners do not care about you, me, the club or our history.

The thing with me is that I'm not angry at all. Well no more angry than last week or the week before.

With the managerial appointment, transfers in and lack of investment I accept that we are going down without a fight. Therefore when yesterday happens It doesn't affect me like it once would have.

This isn't a dig at you but I expect those angry about it expected that we might improve on last year and are shocked at what they saw.

Being angry at venkys and the situation in general is just a constant.

I expect us to get relegated, have done since Coyle got the job.

Getting relegated without a fight is something i simply cannot stomach.

Heard an interesting one yesterday from someone who knows Ronnie Jepson. Warnock had the job, Jepson was coming in with him and they had identified players to come in.

He was going to bring Dunny in with him after meeting him on goals on Sunday and keeping in touch.

It all fell down, as he put it, if Warnock was doing it for £100 Coyle wormed his way in and said he could do it for £10.

If thats true about Warnock then its says everything.

But they were plenty of bookies favourites for this job.

But but but... Venkys have learned their lesson after the same scenario happened with the England manager-in-waiting and some bloke earning a living in a footballing backwater on the other side of the world.

• Backroom

Everything pointed to Warnock getting the job before Coyle slithered in. I assume it was Cheston who initially chose Warnock - so did he then decide to switch to Coyle, or was that an order sent down from India?

Everything pointed to Warnock getting the job before Coyle slithered in. I assume it was Cheston who initially chose Warnock - so did he then decide to switch to Coyle, or was that an order sent down from India?

Wasnt Cheston on Holiday when we approach Coyle? Didnt Slivester arrange the Coyle meeting?

We might be appointing Warnock later in the season to keep us up. 😃

Wasnt Cheston on Holiday when we approach Coyle? Didnt Slivester arrange the Coyle meeting?

We might be appointing Warnock later in the season to keep us up. 😃

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you state you didn't want Warnock..

You're right though we may need him to keep us up

• Moderation Lead

I've also heard the same, posted it a while back on here. My Dad played golf with Ronnie Jepson at a charity do and he got the same from the horse's mouth.

Such a fragmented fan base,supporter against fellow supporter.

The Venkys must read this MB and p!ss themselves with glee...it's ALL falling right into their greasy hands.

We stand no chance as matters are.

Yesterday another observation was the pubs weren't packed with fans so obviously local businesses are suffering

Unless I am mistaken he was at Clitheroe Cricket club.

Each to his own

Yesterday was just shambolic. I left my seat after the second goal and went onto the concourse for a beer. I then left at half time and was in a pub in Darwen centre for 4.20!

You should have stuck it out. The second half was better with Stokes and Byrne but we still need some new players, particularly at full back and centre midfield. Also back up strikers. My apologies for previous comments to Greer. He did OK yesterday but does not replace Hanley.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you state you didn't want Warnock..

You're right though we may need him to keep us up

Im not a fan of Warnock tbh but he had a good career and is a good manager.

I wanted a manager here for the long term who would bring through young players.

I mention Monk or Sherwood plus others like Chris Wilder or Kenny Jackett

Archived