BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lowe as captain - we haven't had a decent captain for a long time. But personally I don't know Lowe as a person to say whether he would make a good captain - or the regard that he is held by his team mates. So I bow to everybody elses knowledge of his credentials to be a captain - who obviously know these things far better than I do.

I think pretty much anyone could see Lowe isn't a captain before he played a game. About as much as you wouldn't pick Mickey Mouse as a doorman.

It tells you a lot that Coyle made him captain then didn't play him in his preferred role.

I firmly believe he's under orders from someone to play players like him and Henley to make them profitable. Henley, another player that was shoehorned in yesterday. Injuries or not, you don't play a poor right back at left back and expect any better from him.

Marshall in his worst position - every manager has tried him in the number 10 role - in theory he should be ideal - but for some reason it doesn't come off. What is his best position ? personally I think it is right back - but I am sure the next person would say on the wing and some would still say in the number 10 role.

He wasn't in the number 10 role yesterday, he wasn't "in the hole" he was far too deep.

All I'm going to say is that the cheapest for two adults, no concessions, yesterday was £44.

Let that sink in.

Did the manager and players put the effort in? Did the owners show the support I did?

No.

I can think of a lot more things worth £44 that I would have rather been doing.

On the other side of the coin, if I thought every other supporter would boycott the home matches I'd never attend another game until things changed. The fact is the youngsters and the over-65's will never boycott when they can get in for a tenner or less a game.

Your points are very valid.

I paid £93 for 3 tickets yesterday and don't envisage doing so again.

I do not think there were 12,600 on the ground yesterday. I think the attendance was overstated by 2,000. I would love to know the police number.

Coyle has had no money - and only one competitive match.

The reason we got beat, and the manner we got beat was down to Coyle yesterday, not money. If he'd played his signings we may have got something out of it as we were a different team once Byrne was on and Stokes was upfront. Norwich just couldn't get forward as freely as they had done. We certainly wouldn't have got beat 4-1 if he hadn't have tried to play for a draw from the off.

Parson, I respect your commitment to Rovers and your posts on here but you do twist what people are saying at times.

No one WANTS the club to suffer relegation after relegation at all, some just think its a neccessary evil to try rid of these people. They're open to trying anything at this point.

I not sure what I have twisted. Some have said that they want relegation after relegation. That's what I really don't understand Neal - and probably never well. I can understand not going to matches, I can understand the reasons why some supporters are boycotting, but I'll never understand why people would wish relegation on the club. Our owners are operating from an agenda that would appear to have little or nothing to do with the stature of the football club. We could easily sink to League One, League Two, Conference etc - do a Stockport County who slipped from the Championship to playing Chorley - and the owners might well still be here because of the agenda they have.

I not sure what I have twisted. Some have said that they want relegation after relegation. That's what I really don't understand Neal - and probably never well. I can understand not going to matches, I can understand the reasons why some supporters are boycotting, but I'll never understand why people would wish relegation on the club. Our owners are operating from an agenda that would appear to have little or nothing to do with the stature of the football club. We could easily sink to League One, League Two, Conference etc - do a Stockport County who slipped from the Championship to playing Chorley - and the owners might well still be here because of the agenda they have.

If it got rid of the owners a lot of fans would take playing chorley etc now PB

Cos as it Stands we are having the proverbial taken out of us

Al

Ha ha

75% of seats occupied.

I doubt it

If you'd been there you would be qualified to comment. From the Jack Walker Upper the Blackburn End Lower looked similarly occupied to last season. Stop trying to gloat about staying away. It doesn't make you better than the ones who still want to go.

Stay away if you must but I can't stand people gloating about not attending!

3 New gantries obscuring the view from the upper rows in the Riverside. Another disgraceful change with no regard to the fans. More evidence that the club is a Venky plaything. Goodbye Ewood.

Goodbye MCMC1875!

Al, on 07 Aug 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:snapback.png

I hope you enjoy your new team. I'll have to stick with the old one. It's what a fan does.

Less of the sarcastic jibes Al. You sound like a miserable, bitter old man.

The reason we got beat, and the manner we got beat was down to Coyle yesterday, not money. If he'd played his signings we may have got something out of it as we were a different team once Byrne was on and Stokes was upfront. Norwich just couldn't get forward as freely as they had done. We certainly wouldn't have got beat 4-1 if he hadn't have tried to play for a draw from the off.

Agree with you pal that starting 11 was never a match for Norwich

not saying the outcome would of been different but with Byrne and stokes we looked a different side

If it got rid of the owners a lot of fans would take playing chorley etc now PB

Cos as it Stands we are having the proverbial taken out of us

If we drop to that level everything that Jack built up at Brockhall and the Academy would be long gone. It would be a shell of a club playing somewhere other than Ewood in front of a thousand or so, possibly a lot less. People need to be careful for they wish for.

For those still going yesterday might not be the worst thing to occur. It gives this squad no illusions as to how much better they need to be to compete at this standard. For those who who deem it necessary to stay up, surely you would rather them figure that out now than at the end of the season?

Down side is Marsh and Duffy will be looking at those contracts and be thinking... "@#/? this i'm off".

If we drop to that level everything that Jack built up at Brockhall and the Academy would be long gone. It would be a shell of a club playing somewhere other than Ewood in front of a thousand or so, possibly a lot less. People need to be careful for they wish for.

Nonsense. See Southampton.

They didn't move ground and the Academy was still thriving in Lge 1.

Daft, ill thought out argument.

We will drop to that level with Venkys. Can you not see a pattern emerging?

Sorry I don't buy that argument as other clubs have maintained Academy etc in lower leagues

Sorry I don't buy that argument as other clubs have maintained Academy etc in lower leagues

This is exactly the reason why nothing will ever change, because we have supporters that actually think we're better off with Venkys.

Be careful what you wish for, we may just end up £120m in debt and plummeting towards league 1 if we're not careful.

At least Blackpool don't have any debt :(

Out of morbid curiosity I looked at the team we started with at the beginning of the 14-15 season against Cardiff City.

Robinson

Baptiste Hanley Kilgallon Olsson

Conway Lowe Evans Cairney

Gestede Rhodes

The bench included Dunn, Marshall and Josh King.

Sobering.

That team/bench had potential.Unfulfilled, but still...

Nonsense. See Southampton.

They didn't move ground and the Academy was still thriving in Lge 1.

Daft, ill thought out argument.

Southampton got new owners in League One. There is nothing to suggest that Venkys would leave if we dropped. The scenario I was painting was one in which Venkys remained and continued in the same way as they are now. Stockport are simply a different side of the Southampton coin. I'm sure Stockport supporters didn't envisage being where they are today ten years ago, but following administration they have simply plummeted under different owners. At the moment the owners are putting the money in to ensure that the club retained it's category one status - I think it's between two and three million. Once that stops then the Academy starts to decline as well.

So we should stick with Venkys destroying the first team that Jack worked so hard for to protect the academy set up that he built?

That's backwards logic. The academy is there to support the first team, not the other way around.

People aren't wishing for the club to fold, Parson, but we are unsustainable with Venkys in charge.

Serious question for you - as you are ignoring all of my points this morning - with Venkys remaining in charge, were do you see Rovers in three years?

• Backroom

At the moment the owners are putting the money in to ensure that the club retained it's category one status - I think it's between two and three million. Once that stops then the Academy starts to decline as well.

Unfortunate, but the academy is only worth a damn if it starts producing better players than Jason Lowe and Adam Henley.

Yet again I've replied to this yesterday.

Its always going to be hard to unite the fanbase now. We have done the Venkys out chants and Boycotting by at least half of the fanbase. But comments like JB dont help this situation.

I'm going against my resolve not to reply to Chaddy but you should have "I've replied to this before" as a signature. It will save a lot of explanations

Archived