BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Somebody on Fb trying to find comfort in the fact that in Coyle's Burnley promotion season they lost their first game 4-1 (although they were away) to Sheffield Wednesday.

They had a much better squad that we have mind.

WE'RE GOING UP!!!

The managers who consistently picked Lowe are Stuart Pearce (poor poor manager), Appleton (L1 manager... for now), Kean (let's not go there), Berg(out his depth), Bowyer (L2 manager) and now Coyle (failed in last 3 jobs). Funnily enough Lambert banished him to the U21 Squad following his return from injury last year and only included him after an injury crisis and a complete loss of interest in the role.

So, to sum up, the only manager with a decent track record didn't fancy him yet all the other chancers did.

I'd hazard a guess that if we sent a fax out to all clubs in the league on his availability for 250k we'd get little to no response.

Did I really read someone say Lowe = Wilcox?

What next? Steele = Friedel because big Brad once flapped a cross to Saha's feet?

I need a lie down after that. Totally stupefying.

Ok - when you lie down, have a stop and think - what have the two players got in common ?

I'll give you a clue - both players have been made scapegoats by sections of supporters - maybe some fans don't like the name Jason - who knows.

The managers who consistently picked Lowe are Stuart Pearce (poor poor manager), Appleton (L1 manager... for now), Kean (let's not go there), Bowyer (L2 manager) and now Coyle (failed in last 3 jobs). Funnily enough Lambert banished him to the U21 Squad following his return from injury last year and only included him after an injury crisis and a complete loss of interest in the role.

So, to sum up, the only manager with a decent track record didn't fancy him yet all the other chancers did.

I'd hazard a guess that if we sent a fax out to all clubs in the league on his availability for 250k we'd get little to no response.

I think there is pressure from above to find a role in the team for Lowe and Henley. That's why we persist with them year on year and have never attempted to replace them with better quality. Our multitude of different managers probably know they would have a really tough time in convincing Venkys to sanction a replacement for either.

I think Venkys see them as the next big profits and know that if they have a half decent season in the Championship, at their ages, they could be sold for a few million, and Venkys would be able to show off about how successful 'their' academy is, which is the only thing they seem to have taken half seriously in their time here.

The managers who consistently picked Lowe are Stuart Pearce (poor poor manager), Appleton (L1 manager... for now), Kean (let's not go there), Bowyer (L2 manager) and now Coyle (failed in last 3 jobs). Funnily enough Lambert banished him to the U21 Squad following his return from injury last year and only included him after an injury crisis and a complete loss of interest in the role.

This is getting a bit laughable - Lambert didn't play Lowe because he wasn't fully fit - which he said so himself.

So the only manager with a decent track record didn't play Lowe because he was coming back from injury - wow.

This is getting a bit laughable - Lambert didn't play Lowe because he wasn't fully fit - which he said so himself.

So the only manager with a decent track record didn't play Lowe because he was coming back from injury - wow.

Lambert also said he had no problem with the owners and said they needed credit. I wouldn't pay too much credence to what Lambert said in the press room.

I don't know why him being picked is any indication of quality when people like Keith Andrews and Ashley Ward have forged successful careers.

The managers who consistently picked Lowe are Stuart Pearce (poor poor manager), Appleton (L1 manager... for now), Kean (let's not go there), Berg(out his depth), Bowyer (L2 manager) and now Coyle (failed in last 3 jobs). Funnily enough Lambert banished him to the U21 Squad following his return from injury last year and only included him after an injury crisis and a complete loss of interest in the role.

Didn't Lambert say he wasn't going rush him back after his long term injury?

Appleton should have got longer here for sure. Might have done a good job here if given time.

Bowyer did a good job here but didn't deliver the promotion he should have done.

• Backroom

Didn't Lambert say he wasn't going rush him back after his long term injury?

Appleton should have got longer here for sure. Might have done a good job here if given time.

Bowyer did a good job here but didn't deliver the promotion he should have done.

Completely disagree. Bowyer had his failings but kept us steady after Appleton almost continued our decline straight down to L1. Don't rewrite history.

Now now DMTP, you know full well if a key player is coming back from injury you want him in your side. What had he to gain from playing game after game in the stiffs? He's fit enough for 90 mins regardless in fact it could be argued there's more chance of a heavy hit at that lower level.

I maintain that Lambert didn't fancy him...and he was right not to.

Completely disagree. Bowyer had his failings but kept us steady after Appleton almost continued our decline straight down to L1. Don't rewrite history.

Agreed. We'd have gone down with Appleton. We had something like 3 goals in his last 8 games, 2 of which came in a home tubbing vs Peterbrough. We looked bereft of any ideas.

• Backroom

The Appleton appointment was almost as bad as hiring Coyle. Unlike Coyle, I got the feeling Appleton was a decent enough, honest bloke, but much like Coyle, had no clue how to manage a team successfully. We actually had a somewhat decent start under Appleton, but after we fluked that win against Arsenal our form fell off a cliff and we were definitely on our way down. Bowyer was another throw of the dice, and one of very few that actually worked out.

I made the 450 mile round trip from Glasgow against my better judgement.

I'm not going to mention the game because it has all been said but if any Rovers fan had a better afternoon than me I'll be very surprised!

Not only did I have the correct score at 50/1 but even better than that I met a lovely lady, broadly my age, at the bar in the Darwen End concourse just after the third Norwich goal went in. We spent about half an hour getting to know each other and exchanged phone numbers. She had texted me before I had even got as far as Lancaster on the way home.

Funny how these things work out isn't it?!

VENKYS OUT

COYLE OUT

I made the 450 mile round trip from Glasgow against my better judgement.

I'm not going to mention the game because it has all been said but if any Rovers fan had a better afternoon than me I'll be very surprised!

Not only did I have the correct score at 50/1 but even better than that I met a lovely lady, broadly my age, at the bar in the Darwen End concourse just after the third Norwich goal went in. We spent about half an hour getting to know each other and exchanged phone numbers. She had texted me before I had even got as far as Lancaster on the way home.

Funny how these things work out isn't it?!

VENKYS OUT

COYLE OUT

Top stuff pulling at the game and the drinks paid for as well. Just proves despite everything great footy days are still to be had regardless of the manure on the pitch and in the dugout.

Great work fella :tu:

Agree with chaddy on this one. Bowyer had the last of our parachute payments and got to spend them. We didn't need steadying indefinitely, we needed promotion.

Steadying the ship should take half a season, not two-and-a-half. Credit for the first part but after his first full season he was a busted flush. I still think that he should have stayed as a safe-hands caretaker.

It's a moot point though. Venkys are the ultimate problem here.

If we drop to that level everything that Jack built up at Brockhall and the Academy would be long gone. It would be a shell of a club playing somewhere other than Ewood in front of a thousand or so, possibly a lot less. People need to be careful for they wish for.

I think there is pressure from above to find a role in the team for Lowe and Henley. That's why we persist with them year on year and have never attempted to replace them with better quality. Our multitude of different managers probably know they would have a really tough time in convincing Venkys to sanction a replacement for either.

I think Venkys see them as the next big profits and know that if they have a half decent season in the Championship, at their ages, they could be sold for a few million, and Venkys would be able to show off about how successful 'their' academy is, which is the only thing they seem to have taken half seriously in their time here.

I've often thought that and wondered if they had something written in their contracts guaranteeing a certain amount of starts or something considering who was about when they first got over promoted into the first team.

GBs obsession with Lowe bordered on disturbing but all gaffers have been the same with him to be fair and surely it's not all just down to him being a great lad who works hard in training. I'm sure he is by the way but he's a league 1er everyday of the week imo.

Probably just down to getting some value in them and when Kean and then Bowyer used to keep dropping in the book value line it makes you wonder if they have to try and keep that up by any means possible. Maybe the club borrows against this book value as I believe people like Ray Ransons mob lend on such things to football clubs. I think they were the only managers in football to ever keep mentioning book value when being asked about games etc, very odd.

Archived