BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

I made the 450 mile round trip from Glasgow against my better judgement.

I'm not going to mention the game because it has all been said but if any Rovers fan had a better afternoon than me I'll be very surprised!

Not only did I have the correct score at 50/1 but even better than that I met a lovely lady, broadly my age, at the bar in the Darwen End concourse just after the third Norwich goal went in. We spent about half an hour getting to know each other and exchanged phone numbers. She had texted me before I had even got as far as Lancaster on the way home.

Funny how these things work out isn't it?!

VENKYS OUT

COYLE OUT

Awesome! Glad somebody had a good day.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to mention the game because it has all been said but if any Rovers fan had a better afternoon than me I'll be very surprised!

Not only did I have the correct score at 50/1 but even better than that I met a lovely lady, broadly my age, at the bar in the Darwen End concourse just after the third Norwich goal went in. We spent about half an hour getting to know each other and exchanged phone numbers. She had texted me before I had even got as far as Lancaster on the way home.

VENKYS OUT

COYLE OUT

Briliant.

Can you start this as a new thread and give us an update after every game, and any other meet ups you may have with her.

This is the best news to come out of Ewood for years.

So the woeful defending on the edge of the box had nothing to do with it - or the strange tactic of having Apkan in a strange advanced role that left Lenihan over ran at times ?

Go watch the third goal again. Lowe is the one closest to Jerome but not putting a tackle in when Jerome plays it out wide. When Jerome knocks it in at the back post 5 seconds later look how far off him Lowe is. He's sleeping. Poor, poor defending although overall he was no worse than Ward yesterday and probably better than Henley.

Well personally I don't think you can say something's come about when their guy has it 30 yards out back to goal with a Rovers player snapping at his heels. That situation must happen 20 times a match and 99% of the time it's knocked back to a centre half or defensive midfielder to keep possession. The guy turning whoever it was (Akpan) inside out then unleashing a 25 yard thunderbolt into the top corner? Sometimes I think it's more correct to credit the skill of the attack than blame failings in the defence.

The other 3 was a case of our marking being as slack as it gets.

@#/? it pal, snapping at heels shows how soft arse of a team we are. Back in the Hughes days, we would have kicked the @#/? out of the opposition. We werent called the bully boys for nothing.

VENKYS OUT

COYLE OUT

Nice one mate... At least you scored a goal.

• Backroom

VENKYS OUT

COYLE OUT

Top lad! Keep us informed!

@#/? it pal, snapping at heels shows how soft arse of a team we are. Back in the Hughes days, we would have kicked the @#/? out of the opposition. We werent called the bully boys for nothing.

Nice one mate... At least you scored a goal.

oldjamfan - equal top scorer along with Stokes

Get in :lol:

Nice one! Has she any mates??

I think we should have a Messageboard meet up at the Darwen End concourse bar at the next home game because, as sure as eggs are eggs, oldjamfan1 will be back.

VENKYS OUT

COYLE OUT

Honey trap? :blink:

VENKYS OUT

COYLE OUT

Hmmm Darwen End concourse.

Is she a Norwich fan by any chance? Going by the name of Delia?

It's a hell of a long way from Glasgow to East Anglia.

Briliant.

Can you start this as a new thread and give us an update after every game, and any other meet ups you may have with her.

This is the best news to come out of Ewood for years.

Ha ha very good PB. I'll let you all know how it goes (in broad terms obviously lol). She knows her footie, I'll give her that,

Hmmm Darwen End concourse.

Is she a Norwich fan by any chance? Going by the name of Delia?

It's a hell of a long way from Glasgow to East Anglia.

Great breakfast though....

• Backroom

So I had a little rant to myself yesterday when after Stokes scored a good header he then went out wide to take a free kick from the wing.

In the end it was a good delivery that needed the keeper to tip it over but I'm still not convinced that a striker should be taking that.

The lad looked confident though I liked that.

Thoughts on a striker taking free kicks from wide positions rather than being in the box?

Thoughts on a striker taking free kicks from wide positions rather than being in the box?

Already proven to be a ridiculous thing to do by Roy Hodgson and his use of Kane in the euros.

Just finished watching the Norwich game.

Stokes and Byrne looked like they should be the first names on the team sheet. Lively and played with an edge.

Was also impressed with Feeney, who at least had a purpose and put in a fair few nice crosses.

Marshall looked much more comfortable on the left wing.

Coyle switched to 4-4-2 with Stokes dropping off in the second half and we were much more dangerous. We badly need a left back, centre half and a couple of strikers, one with a bit of pace.

So I had a little rant to myself yesterday when after Stokes scored a good header he then went out wide to take a free kick from the wing.

In the end it was a good delivery that needed the keeper to tip it over but I'm still not convinced that a striker should be taking that.

Have been meaning to mention this. Stokes got a lot of assists in Scotland, although many came from his set pieces, which were usually pretty decent.

He's not really known for his heading so it's not really comparable to Harry Kane, which was just straight up ludicrous.

I expect Stokes or Byrne to take our set pieces this season.

I remember that incident. Stokes offered the free kick to Byrne but as he was a distance away he declined and told Stokes to take it himself. It was a decent free kick but Byrne should have gone across and taken it so that Stokes could have gone to the middle. A bit of laziness from Byrne which is unusual because he was otherwise very lively.

Archived