BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

I made the 450 mile round trip from Glasgow against my better judgement.

I'm not going to mention the game because it has all been said but if any Rovers fan had a better afternoon than me I'll be very surprised!

Not only did I have the correct score at 50/1 but even better than that I met a lovely lady, broadly my age, at the bar in the Darwen End concourse just after the third Norwich goal went in. We spent about half an hour getting to know each other and exchanged phone numbers. She had texted me before I had even got as far as Lancaster on the way home.

Funny how these things work out isn't it?!

VENKYS OUT

COYLE OUT

Well played, Sir :)

"Old jam fan is magic." Sung to the old Flitcroft song! Merry Xmas :xmas:

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I remember that incident. Stokes offered the free kick to Byrne but as he was a distance away he declined and told Stokes to take it himself. It was a decent free kick but Byrne should have gone across and taken it so that Stokes could have gone to the middle. A bit of laziness from Byrne which is unusual because he was otherwise very lively.

How were the new seats Al?

Didn't know where to post this. Just been down Ewood and was annoyed to see a couple of broken bottles at the Jack Walker statue. I can't imagine they've just been smashed this afternoon so why the hell haven't they been removed before?

I binned them.

Didn't know where to post this. Just been down Ewood and was annoyed to see a couple of broken bottles at the Jack Walker statue. I can't imagine they've just been smashed this afternoon so why the hell haven't they been removed before?

I binned them.

When I walked past the statue on Saturday I was quite concerned by the state it was in. The cobbled area in front of the statue is covered in moss and the flower bed behind it is in a poor condition. Looks like it hasn't been touched for about 3 years.

I always thought it was quite odd that the sale agreement to Venkys contained a point about keeping Jack's statue in a good state of condition. Why was this done? In the grand scheme of a Premier League football club, with hundreds of employees and tens of thousands of supporters, and yet they put a specific instruction in the sale about maintaining the statue. I'm sure most football club takeovers don't contain such specific and ultimately insignificant requests. They would have been better concerning themselves with the long term future of the football club and Jack's legacy than the state of his statue.

When I walked past the statue on Saturday I was quite concerned by the state it was in. The cobbled area in front of the statue is covered in moss and the flower bed behind it is in a poor condition. Looks like it hasn't been touched for about 3 years.

I always thought it was quite odd that the sale agreement to Venkys contained a point about keeping Jack's statue in a good state of condition. Why was this done? In the grand scheme of a Premier League football club, with hundreds of employees and tens of thousands of supporters, and yet they put a specific instruction in the sale about maintaining the statue. I'm sure most football club takeovers don't contain such specific and ultimately insignificant requests. They would have been better concerning themselves with the long term future of the football club and Jack's legacy than the state of his statue.

You do realise that the club, is @#/? from top to bottom as things stand.

• Backroom

Because it's an easy hollow gesture to try and show they care about his legacy and our heritage when that couldn't be further from the truth

Shouldn't need writing into a sale agreement really if we had anyone running the club day to day with any nous or genuine feel for it whatsoever you'd send someone out once in a while with a bucket of hot water and a brush.

Cheston OUT

Venkys OUT NOW!

I binned them.

I did say the other week that it was a mess at Ewood. Rust and dirt all over the railings and stands. No surprise there's rubbish by Uncle Jack's statue. Someone else said they'd seen the fag butt buckets from last season still outside the Darwen End. It's a disgrace.

I made the 450 mile round trip from Glasgow against my better judgement.

I'm not going to mention the game because it has all been said but if any Rovers fan had a better afternoon than me I'll be very surprised!

Not only did I have the correct score at 50/1 but even better than that I met a lovely lady, broadly my age, at the bar in the Darwen End concourse just after the third Norwich goal went in. We spent about half an hour getting to know each other and exchanged phone numbers. She had texted me before I had even got as far as Lancaster on the way home.

Funny how these things work out isn't it?!

VENKYS OUT

COYLE OUT

I wondered why there was wild celebration at our consolidation goal. I hope the stake was at least a tenner and it paid for your travel and tickets for the season. Every cloud has one and all that. PS can you give me the correct score for tomorrow night please? :)

Go watch the third goal again. Lowe is the one closest to Jerome but not putting a tackle in when Jerome plays it out wide. When Jerome knocks it in at the back post 5 seconds later look how far off him Lowe is. He's sleeping. Poor, poor defending although overall he was no worse than Ward yesterday and probably better than Henley.

Stop mentioning the name Jerome, as it makes me sick. I bet Coyle wishes he had never heard of him, after Saturday.

I have just received a text from Rovers advertising tickets for the Norwich game. It should be a cracker!!

It's a bit early for that, but a nice day out at Carrow Road is on the cards

How were the new seats Al?

I was back in my old seat that I had before my legs went. My fitness has improved a bit recently. Not sure why you thought I was in a new seat.

• Moderation Lead

I was back in my old seat that I had before my legs went. My fitness has improved a bit recently. Not sure why you thought I was in a new seat.

Sorry to interrupt, but I remember you saying someone at the club showed you around a potential seat, didn't you? I may have that wrong, of course, if that's the case in sorry!

Sorry to interrupt, but I remember you saying someone at the club showed you around a potential seat, didn't you? I may have that wrong, of course, if that's the case in sorry!

Yes it was my old seat. I wasn't sure I could negotiate the steps in the Jack Walker Upper. Towards the end of last season they let me use a seat in the Jack Walker Lower but in the close season they took me to my old seat in the JW Upper. I found that I could now get there so booked my season ticket there. It was good of them to keep the seat for me even though I was not using it.

I hope that makes sense.

• Backroom

Sorry Al I thought the same I remembered you praising a lady and incorrectly remembered it as for her help showing you various different seats.

I didn't like the move from the BBE upper but quite liked my new seats in JW Lower (in line with the edge of the D) and the game room is a good idea for the kids.

Looking at pictures the JW lower had big gaps but it felt really full where I was coming from the old seats.

Sorry Al I thought the same I remembered you praising a lady and incorrectly remembered it as for her help showing you various different seats.

I didn't like the move from the BBE upper but quite liked my new seats in JW Lower (in line with the edge of the D) and the game room is a good idea for the kids.

Looking at pictures the JW lower had big gaps but it felt really full where I was coming from the old seats.

No problem. I'm pretty good at confusing people.

Yes it was my old seat. I wasn't sure I could negotiate the steps in the Jack Walker Upper. Towards the end of last season they let me use a seat in the Jack Walker Lower but in the close season they took me to my old seat in the JW Upper. I found that I could now get there so booked my season ticket there. It was good of them to keep the seat for me even though I was not using it.

I hope that makes sense.

I thought you were a Riversider, Al. When did you move to the JW upper?

I have moved seats slightly from 24/165 to 23/146. It's a better view of the pitch and the tunnel.

The only problem is that the Darwen End gantry on the Riverside blocks my view of the score and the time etc.

And I can now see the screen but cannot make out what is on it.

On Saturday I could see all the sh1t that was on the pitch, though; especially 1st half.

Archived