BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

I've come round to thinking more and more that their reluctance to sell is purely down to pride. Pig headed stubbornness from priveliged spoilt children with a toy.

I am starting to think they are now doing it deliberately. Not been seen in the country since the snowball incident.

This is just two fingers in the air to us, they simply are laughing at us.

I've also heard the same, posted it a while back on here. My Dad played golf with Ronnie Jepson at a charity do and he got the same from the horse's mouth.

Just shows what our 'manager' is all about and what our 'owners' are interested in.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of morbid curiosity I looked at the team we started with at the beginning of the 14-15 season against Cardiff City.

Robinson

Baptiste Hanley Kilgallon Olsson

Conway Lowe Evans Cairney

Gestede Rhodes

The bench included Dunn, Marshall and Josh King.

Sobering.

That really hits home hard...our level of tragic downgrade on show for all to see.

The reason we got beat, and the manner we got beat was down to Coyle yesterday, not money. If he'd played his signings we may have got something out of it as we were a different team once Byrne was on and Stokes was upfront. Norwich just couldn't get forward as freely as they had done. We certainly wouldn't have got beat 4-1 if he hadn't have tried to play for a draw from the off.

I take your point but we'd still have lost. The players we have just aren't good enough. We need new blood, badly.

Im not a fan of Warnock tbh but he had a good career and is a good manager.

I wanted a manager here for the long term who would bring through young players.

I mention Monk or Sherwood plus others like Chris Wilder or Kenny Jackett

You haven't answered the question.. 😁

• Backroom

Wasnt Cheston on Holiday when we approach Coyle? Didnt Slivester arrange the Coyle meeting?

We might be appointing Warnock later in the season to keep us up.

Honestly, who knows. The processes at Ewood are so shrouded in confusion that we may never know what went on.

Even if Coyle does depart at some point, not sure Warnock will be interested after having the job yanked from him this summer and given to a joker.

Put this in reverse though Parson. If 30000 fans turned up every game Venkys would never leave would they?

Therefore the obverse is.....?

Unknown.

Heard an interesting one yesterday from someone who knows Ronnie Jepson. Warnock had the job, Jepson was coming in with him and they had identified players to come in.

He was going to bring Dunny in with him after meeting him on goals on Sunday and keeping in touch.

It all fell down, as he put it, if Warnock was doing it for £100 Coyle wormed his way in and said he could do it for £10.

The owners do not care about you, me, the club or our history.

That's shockingly bad if true, the only thing that makes me think it may not be is that Warnock would probably have insisted on a decent warchest to try and finance a decent stab at promotion, whereas there seems to be no sign of anything vaguely approaching that available for Coyle.

If Coyle was indeed hired purely because he was cheaper, then that would appear to be repeating exactly the same mistake they made in replacing Allardyce with Kean. You would have thought they would have learned their lesson, then again taking the more expensive route of hiring a manager with some sort of pedigree in Lambert didn't work for them either.

Al

If you'd been there you would be qualified to comment. From the Jack Walker Upper the Blackburn End Lower looked similarly occupied to last season. Stop trying to gloat about staying away. It doesn't make you better than the ones who still want to go.

Stay away if you must but I can't stand people gloating about not attending!

Goodbye MCMC1875!

Al, on 07 Aug 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:snapback.png

Less of the sarcastic jibes Al. You sound like a miserable, bitter old man.

No you are miserable and bitter. I am still going to football matches, enjoying it, and not gloating at others who attend to justify not going myself

Very much so. I understand we have different ones, I respect yours (whilst thinking you are wrong) and don't find a need to get personal over it.

Sorry I might have got you wrong but I thought that that was what you were doing.

You should have stuck it out. The second half was better with Stokes and Byrne but we still need some new players, particularly at full back and centre midfield. Also back up strikers. My apologies for previous comments to Greer. He did OK yesterday but does not replace Hanley.

Whilst I'm with you, we only really got into it once the game was over, and Norwich were already thinking about their next match. You can't start playing at 3 or 4 nil down.

So do I, but it clearly has nothing to do with football or making a success of the club.

Looks like that from the outside, I think they are skint.

If they had money the obvious answer is to get to the PL, crowds are largely irrelevant now with the TV money.

The Baggies are no bigger a club than the Rovers and with less history.

Yet a Chinese group have come along and bought them.

The Rao's are charlatans in my view.

The Championship/EFL is such a sell-out.

Norwich City highlights of the game.

Rovers highlights of the game

I know we were under the cosh for most of it but we had more than one attack in the entire game. Where is the biased home coverage? Might have seen the disgusting elbow which only resulted in a yellow.

Just get a single clip of the match to serve both teams.

Bloody hell, its awful reading this match thread today :(

Watching the Norwich goals was also awful, we defended like kids in a school yard, everyone drawn to the ball and leaving tons of space elsewhere for their men...

I haven't renewed this year (for multiple reasons) but feel sad for those that attended yesterday, sunshine, few beers and a hint of opening day optimism completely smashed to bits in a few minutes...

I don't think the Rao's have ever had the liquid assets to invest in the club. I think they believed that they could make money out of Rovers and saw this is an investment that would yield a return. As it is now they are left with an

Embarrassing loss making arm to their business and they're unwilling to accept it and move on for fear of losing face with their shareholders/peers who already see them as spoilt children.

First only came about because of a mistake by Lowe though.

Well personally I don't think you can say something's come about when their guy has it 30 yards out back to goal with a Rovers player snapping at his heels. That situation must happen 20 times a match and 99% of the time it's knocked back to a centre half or defensive midfielder to keep possession. The guy turning whoever it was (Akpan) inside out then unleashing a 25 yard thunderbolt into the top corner? Sometimes I think it's more correct to credit the skill of the attack than blame failings in the defence.

The other 3 was a case of our marking being as slack as it gets.

I don't think the Rao's have ever had the liquid assets to invest in the club. I think they believed that they could make money out of Rovers and saw this is an investment that would yield a return. As it is now they are left with an

Embarrassing loss making arm to their business and they're unwilling to accept it and move on for fear of losing face with their shareholders/peers who already see them as spoilt children.

I think their number crunchers have found a way of using the club accounts wise now as well. Might explain why they just aren't bothered but not panicked enough to cut their losses.

The money was borrowed to buy the club according to articles in the Indian press at the time which contradicted the the bluster put out by Nixon and co that they'd used their own dosh.

Their will be some bankers who have a very big say in what goes on I'd wager and I think that's what we've been seen the last 12 months. Either way the club is going straight to hell under these unfathomables.

Lowe gave it away cheaply. Infact everyone gave the ball away cheaply in that first half. Ball was like a hot potato, everyone just wanted rid and ended up giving away possession. Not two passes put together in the entire half.

If taking over daddy's business was anything to go by, they probably assumed that all businesses run themselves.

Ironically it would have if they hadn't listened to advice and binned Allardyce and forced the board out.

As long as they think cheaper is better nothing will ever get better. Their ambition for Rovers (assuming they even care at this point) is probably to make it wash its own face. Sadly, with them still here that won't happen until we reach League Two. They are now toxic for their own brand.

Lowe gave it away cheaply. Infact everyone gave the ball away cheaply in that first half. Ball was like a hot potato, everyone just wanted rid and ended up giving away possession. Not two passes put together in the entire half.

Lowe is awful but yesterday he wasn't alone the starting 11 were all a shambles

Archived