BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Premier League clubs that came down to the Championship are expected to go up for a reason, they have that parachute money and still have some Premier League class players.

Let's see how Rovers fare against teams we should be looking to beat first, if we start getting thrashed by them then is the time to worry. I think there is too much over reaction here and that's largely pent up feelings about the managerial appointment still.

Last seasons relegation rivals Fulham didn't roll over and get their belly tickled by one of those big bad ex-Premier league sides on Friday night though did they?

What's the threshold for them selling J*B ?

Sub 8000 gates? Sub 5000?

League two? Conference North?

Or as long as they have sold everyone and got the running costs down to a break even, would they just keep us anyhow?

If you said to me never step foot in Ewood for the next 2 seasons and they will be gone I would do. However many wouldn't so it would never happen. Whatever forces these idiots to eventually leave I don't know but I dont believe it will be lower attendances unless you got the attendances down to practically no one at all.

People say noises coming out of the club show that they are panicking. Cheston might be as its his job. I think when Venkys are told that they have sold 9000 season tickets or 7000 season tickets they don't bat an eyelid.

Nobody knows what they will do.

Venkys will go when they decide to. they wont be force out.

I just hope that Ian Battersby and Ian Currie group will be there to buy the club when they decide to sell us. But I wouldn't be surprise if we were sold to Far East investors.

The Premier League clubs that came down to the Championship are expected to go up for a reason, they have that parachute money and still have some Premier League class players.

Let's see how Rovers fare against teams we should be looking to beat first, if we start getting thrashed by them then is the time to worry. I think there is too much over reaction here and that's largely pent up feelings about the managerial appointment still.

I think you are about to see that as Tuesday and Saturday are nailed on defeats. I won't say we will be thrashed but to be knocked out of the cup again by a lower league team and have no points from two games, spells trouble.

The result was no surprise.

Our squad is league 1 at best, its not 3 or 4 players we need , its more 7 or 8.

We were simply out classed, in quality, work eithic, tactics and general football.

Coyle will no doubt get the abuse, but you could put any manager in that dugout and he couldnt get a tune out of this lot.

Venkys is where the fault lies.

The manner of how we played, i.e couldnt care less attitude, is a big worry.

Losing to Norwich at home was on the cards before a ball was kicked, but the manner of how we played i think will have many cancelling direct debit options on season tickets

We were simply out classed, in ..... work eithic, tactics.

Coyle will no doubt get the abuse, but you could put any manager in that dugout and he couldnt get a tune out of this lot.

The manner of how we played, i.e couldnt care less attitude, is a big worry.

We know the main fault lies higher.

However you contradict yourself there Glen.

Attitude, tactics and work ethic can all be blamed on the manager.

I agree Chaddy. It appears, that more Rovers fans attend matches from outside of the local area, than the Blackburn area.

Which in my view, only plays INTO Venky hands.

Not attending, only shows YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CLUB. If folk really cared, then they would show they cared.

But as things stand today - non attendance, means players have to be sold, worse replacements are brought in. Results suffer etc.

The way some Rovers fans talk, chant, comment, act (boycott) are only helping Venky's.

Who are quite happy to sell ALL Rovers assets, to get back what they paid for the club.

NOBODY is buying the club.

I fully accept Venkys ownership of Rovers has been pathetic. Beyond pathetic.

But some fans need to look at themselves.

I cannot get to many games at Ewood.

I can get to quite a few away games.

But EVERY away game I attended last season, there were RACIST chants, comments from Rovers fans.

If this is happening at away games, it is happening at home games. These fans are scum.

I know 3 folk who write for certain paper's in the south. They fully accept fans have, rightful issues with the owners. But why are you helping them damage the club further.

It is NOT just Venkys driving fans away - Rovers fans are also playing their part.

ANY owner would be restricted on the money they can put into the club.

If there is no match day income, players HAVE to be sold, to meet the DEMANDING, costs of running the club.

All owners are hand tied by the rules within the Football League.

Even if JW was around today - he couldn't do what he did back in the glory days.

VENKY'S are pathetic and bad owners.

But fans need to attend matches - even if it is just to show you care for the club as a whole.

I spoke to an Arsenal taxi driver tonight - who has waited 12 years for a season ticket.

He has to pay each year to be a member of the 'fans club'.

I fully accept this post will not be accepted by some folks - I do not care.

I am only passing on what I am hearing outside of Blackburn.

Your attendances at matches, shows you care.

Newcastle being the example. Even though they suffered relegation - they are still attending matches.

Unbelievably post, I don't even need to reply. It's the ramblings of a mad man.

All I'm going to say is that the cheapest for two adults, no concessions, yesterday was £44.

Let that sink in.

Did the manager and players put the effort in? Did the owners show the support I did?

No.

I can think of a lot more things worth £44 that I would have rather been doing.

On the other side of the coin, if I thought every other supporter would boycott the home matches I'd never attend another game until things changed. The fact is the youngsters and the over-65's will never boycott when they can get in for a tenner or less a game.

Spot on. This badge of honour negativity gets us all down.

You are making your point by staying away. Fair enough if you think that serves your purpose. It damages the club so you achieve your end..

If you cannot offer something positive then please stay away. You have voted with your feet fine but don't keep going on about it and don't have a go just because we don't want to be as self indulgent.

After 6 years of sufferance we all know the reality which was confirmed for all to see yesterday that the club is becoming increasingly uncompetitive.

If you don't want to support anymore then fine but some of us want to stick with it if others have not got the stamina. Not everyone wants to throw the towel in no matter how hopeless it seems right now.

Don't have a pop at those who have been here before and know how bad it can get. This is getting close to 1970/71 again. Losing 7 -1 at Shrewsbury.a year later but we came through it then.

I refuse to let the club die and some of us think the same. The owners will not confirm the clubs death only the supporters will do that.

I will be there when we play in the Northern Premier League if that is where we get to. That is not an endorsement of the owners that is just how I want to play it.

Please take those gleefully destructive attitudes elsewhere.

Hang on! You weren't able to "offer anything positive either". All you have said is that you are prepared to "stick with it"

As for what league we will be in, that is a different matter entirely, plenty of fans who don't go any more would watch us anywhere we played so long as Venkys have gone.

That is an entirely logical and principled view to take and such fans are every bit as loyal as you are.

Since we will never prosper under Venkys I don't see why you would want to continue to fund them. But that's just my opinion.

I agree Chaddy. It appears, that more Rovers fans attend matches from outside of the local area, than the Blackburn area.

Not attending, only shows YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CLUB. If folk really cared, then they would show they cared.

But as things stand today - non attendance, means players have to be sold, worse replacements are brought in. Results suffer etc.

The way some Rovers fans talk, chant, comment, act (boycott) are only helping Venky's.

Who are quite happy to sell ALL Rovers assets, to get back what they paid for the club.

But EVERY away game I attended last season, there were RACIST chants, comments from Rovers fans.

If this is happening at away games, it is happening at home games. These fans are scum.

I know 3 folk who write for certain paper's in the south. They fully accept fans have, rightful issues with the owners. But why are you helping them damage the club further.

It is NOT just Venkys driving fans away - Rovers fans are also playing their part.

If there is no match day income, players HAVE to be sold, to meet the DEMANDING, costs of running the club.

Even if JW was around today - he couldn't do what he did back in the glory days.

But fans need to attend matches - even if it is just to show you care for the club as a whole.

I spoke to an Arsenal taxi driver tonight - who has waited 12 years for a season ticket.

Newcastle being the example. Even though they suffered relegation - they are still attending matches.

I squirmed when I read this nonsense and found some of it offensive. It's like blaming the victims of abuse on those who are actually abused

I can't believe I have just read the above.

i used to enjoy reading this forum but it's become a minefield of hatred towards anyone who dares to attend matches or, god forbid, support the club.

Correct, their justification for non-attendance knows no limits.

For a 'plastic' to slate supporters for attending must be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

The MB is controlled by the 50 posts a day folk.

Leave 'em to it !

COYB

Looks like PAFELL's been on the cask again.

#VenkysOut

I squirmed when I read this nonsense and found some of it offensive. It's like blaming the victims of abuse on those who are actually abused

The thing is it doesn't matter either way. If people boycott it still won't make a difference because there will always be the people who go down to Ewood for a day out who have no clue about boycotts or people who take their kids who can't explain to an under 10 year old what a boycott is.

I'm now starting to believe they have much to hide and their end game is to let the club fold so whatever wrong-doings they've been up to never gets found out. We can only hope that if it came to that, the authorities do the right thing in some way to save the club and allow someone else to take over.

No point even discussing it mate. I'm slowly coming round to the each to their own opinion as much as I'd like everyone to come together against the owners, I'm accepting they won't. You can only choose to go or not go.

Sadly true.

But once you have lost the appetite to rail against them and all you do is 'go or not go' then all you have is the football without caring about the circumstances. At that point, if the football is rank and misery-making then you've lost both the passion and enjoyment.

As a result the 'not go' contingent will only grow.

So where will the tipping point for Venkys be? When they eventually wake up and sell/give the club away and we get the new owners Venkys deem suitable? (Does anyone trust their judgement about anything?) Or when the crowds become so low that a club for sports and athletics becomes unsustainable? Then what? Then club can fold because the fans stopped bothering? Then what? Open season for land sale at Brockhall? They've already demonstrated that they will sell anything not nailed down.

The more we disappear with a whimper, the more the rest of football will blame the fans and not Venkys when we do go bust.

And what is the tipping point for the fans? Or have we already missed it and we can only watch the slide to oblivion? I don't want to believe that but there are fewer and fewer dissenters and those who do dissent are shouted down even more by the 'watchers'.

12,641 for a season opener. Anyone wavering about a season ticket won't buy one in the back of that. Any walk ons will see no value in doing so again. Perhaps an unfortunate fixture list quirk against strong opponents but maybe the kick that we needed. Maybe there'll be interest in a new team at Ewood for the Burton game and we might see a 12,000-plus gate (if Burton take similar that they did to Forest). But lose that (they scored 3 away yesterday) and we'll be struggling to beat 10k stats, and will see a much lower SJA figure.

With the players he got available it the best we could have played. Thats was my point.

You haven't a clue fella

That was the worst starting 11 in memory

Why did stokes not start

As for the attendance even with a few from Norwich there wasn't 12000 on

• Backroom

Chaddy, you can't tell someone to shut up who disagrees with you (whether it be Ricky or Athlete).

If you were genuinely happy with yesterday's line-up you must justify it, as we had 3 or 4 stronger players on the bench or not involved than those who started.

Evans not involved at all.

Lowe as captain.

Henley at LB.

Marshall in his worst position rather than best.

Those 4 alone should ring bells, even before we consider personal opinion on who's better than whom.

With the players he got available it the best we could have played. Thats was my point.

How do you explain that we played much better when we went 442 and had Stokes and Byrne on?

He admitted he got it wrong himself in his post-match interview.

Your post is absolutely garbage please crawl back under your stone

I crinched reading such drivel

I can't believe I have just read the above.

i used to enjoy reading this forum but it's become a minefield of hatred towards anyone who dares to attend matches or, god forbid, support the club.

So JB replies in kind to Parson's post and the hatred is coming from JB? How does that work? :blink:

How do you explain that we played much better when we went 442 and had Stokes and Byrne on?

He admitted he got it wrong himself in his post-match interview.

Tbf to Coyle he admitted it

I can't remember a worse starting 11 in over 40 years

Archived