BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Norwich City

So do I but as the previous protests proved people don't agree or want to protest. Looking at the evidence, player sales, no investment, managers leaving, relegation, club employees blaming fans, fans being lied to, owners ignoring fans, no board, Cheston admitting there is no plan, parts of the ground being closed... If all that isn't enough reason to get fans to fight for the club then I don't know what is fella, so it's like you say don't hold your breath.

Absolutely.

I was more or less at peace with it all until the demolition today, just when you think it doesn't matter it really does...

Apologies for the language everyone, its not my usual style.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No point even discussing it mate. I'm slowly coming round to the each to their own opinion as much as I'd like everyone to come together against the owners, I'm accepting they won't. You can only choose to go or not go.

Some of the comments during the game of some fans on here laughing at Rovers fans for attending games and Rovers losing. Make very hard for people to unite. Some people are only interested in telling we told you would happen.

We done protesting and venkys out chants but changed nothing. So what next? Media not interested either.

Who's pushing people around? you need to get out more, like your fury mate above.

You spent your early days wondering around this site telling anyone and everyone that Allardyces football was winning football, which was correct by the way, then told us all that you didn't go as much as you used too and we should stop bleating!

Do you deny that?

I don't go now as much as I used to. I had a season ticket from 95/96 to 12/13 inclusive. Anyway I've better things to do than answer to brfcc's new High Inquisitor. And I don't mean going to "change you are username". If I see any loudmouth at Wigan berating people for not protesting I'll make sure to completely ******* ignore you and just watch the match.

Absolutely.

I was more or less at peace with it all until the demolition today, just when you think it doesn't matter it really does...

Apologies for the language everyone, its not my usual style.

Course it matters, why we post on here isn't it? The bigger picture is the most important for me now, I'm exhausted by the week in week out nonsense of the past 6 years, finishing in the middle of nowhere that keeps everyone numb and void of passion... Bring on league 1/2 or National League... Whatever it takes. Cheering on a bunch of players who care less about the club than me who would leave at the first chance of more money just isn't as important as the club being in the right hands. Like I say, whatever it takes... Let's just get on with it.

I don't go now as much as I used to. I had a season ticket from 95/96 to 12/13 inclusive. Anyway I've better things to do than answer to brfcc's new High Inquisitor. And I don't mean going to "change you are username". If I see any loudmouth at Wigan berating people for not protesting I'll make sure to completely ******* ignore you and just watch the match.

Let me be clear:

You spent months berating me and others for slagging Allardyces football off, then revealed that you didn't go much when he was manager, thats a fact, and thats why you're being called out.

You can try to muddy the waters all you want with this bully boy tag etc, but facts are facts.

Some of the comments during the game of some fans on here laughing at Rovers fans for attending games and Rovers losing. Make very hard for people to unite. Some people are only interested in telling we told you would happen.

We done protesting and venkys out chants but changed nothing. So what next? Media not interested either.

Agreed mate, we all act out of order at times, me included but I think it's best just to take a step back sometimes and remind yourself to rise above it and try and have some dignity and respect for others, as much as you may disagree with them.

My response to Gav above and a few others I think applies here too, there is no what next as far as the fans are concerned, you can either choose to go or not go... Like you've alluded to a few times, it seems its too hard for everyone to unite.

You know you're in a bad way when you envy the Blackpool fans. I met them in the recent joint protest and keep in touch with them on twitter, they should be really proud of themselves, thousands of them boycotted Bloomfield today to watch AFC Blackpool for "No Oyston Day". Those I met from the Tangerine Knights were all really decent people of all ages, men and plenty of women too, seemed like a real together family of people united in a common goal that conduct themselves well, I'd love to feel connected to our fan base the way they are but I don't sadly. I exchanged numbers with a few of them in case of more 'Fans United' protests occur and I will definitely be attending, if I can't fight for my club with our fans then i'll do it with them and maybe the Charlton fans at some point hopefully too.

Glad we are all getting on. Congrats to the Venkys.

Oh it hurts to be spanked at home alright. Bunch of spineless nobodies.

3 wins in 17 under Bowyer, relegation form even with the want away Rhodes in the team. I can't see it being much better under this lip licking liar either.

Yes it's Venkys fault. But we still don't get anything like value for the millions this squad costs to run each year. We had a chance under Lambert, some direction, unity, belief and proven quality.

I thought the new manager was to be awarded the massive war chest they could not trust the moaning former manager with?

Very frustrating times. And yes the time for protest was exactly when Allardyce was sacked. Boringly obvious to the most basic of fan. Not celebrating and getting all tizzy and excited when we beat Liverpool and West Brom away.

I agree Chaddy. It appears, that more Rovers fans attend matches from outside of the local area, than the Blackburn area.

Which in my view, only plays INTO Venky hands.

Not attending, only shows YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CLUB. If folk really cared, then they would show they cared.

But as things stand today - non attendance, means players have to be sold, worse replacements are brought in. Results suffer etc.

The way some Rovers fans talk, chant, comment, act (boycott) are only helping Venky's.

Who are quite happy to sell ALL Rovers assets, to get back what they paid for the club.

NOBODY is buying the club.

I fully accept Venkys ownership of Rovers has been pathetic. Beyond pathetic.

But some fans need to look at themselves.

I cannot get to many games at Ewood.

I can get to quite a few away games.

But EVERY away game I attended last season, there were RACIST chants, comments from Rovers fans.

If this is happening at away games, it is happening at home games. These fans are scum.

I know 3 folk who write for certain paper's in the south. They fully accept fans have, rightful issues with the owners. But why are you helping them damage the club further.

It is NOT just Venkys driving fans away - Rovers fans are also playing their part.

ANY owner would be restricted on the money they can put into the club.

If there is no match day income, players HAVE to be sold, to meet the DEMANDING, costs of running the club.

All owners are hand tied by the rules within the Football League.

Even if JW was around today - he couldn't do what he did back in the glory days.

VENKY'S are pathetic and bad owners.

But fans need to attend matches - even if it is just to show you care for the club as a whole.

I spoke to an Arsenal taxi driver tonight - who has waited 12 years for a season ticket.

He has to pay each year to be a member of the 'fans club'.

I fully accept this post will not be accepted by some folks - I do not care.

I am only passing on what I am hearing outside of Blackburn.

Your attendances at matches, shows you care.

Newcastle being the example. Even though they suffered relegation - they are still attending matches.

I agree Chaddy. It appears, that more Rovers fans attend matches from outside of the local area, than the Blackburn area.

Which in my view, only plays INTO Venky hands.

Not attending, only shows YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CLUB. If folk really cared, then they would show they cared.

But as things stand today - non attendance, means players have to be sold, worse replacements are brought in. Results suffer etc.

The way some Rovers fans talk, chant, comment, act (boycott) are only helping Venky's.

Who are quite happy to sell ALL Rovers assets, to get back what they paid for the club.

NOBODY is buying the club.

I fully accept Venkys ownership of Rovers has been pathetic. Beyond pathetic.

But some fans need to look at themselves.

I cannot get to many games at Ewood.

I can get to quite a few away games.

But EVERY away game I attended last season, there were RACIST chants, comments from Rovers fans.

If this is happening at away games, it is happening at home games. These fans are scum.

I know 3 folk who write for certain paper's in the south. They fully accept fans have, rightful issues with the owners. But why are you helping them damage the club further.

It is NOT just Venkys driving fans away - Rovers fans are also playing their part.

ANY owner would be restricted on the money they can put into the club.

If there is no match day income, players HAVE to be sold, to meet the DEMANDING, costs of running the club.

All owners are hand tied by the rules within the Football League.

Even if JW was around today - he couldn't do what he did back in the glory days.

VENKY'S are pathetic and bad owners.

But fans need to attend matches - even if it is just to show you care for the club as a whole.

I spoke to an Arsenal taxi driver tonight - who has waited 12 years for a season ticket.

He has to pay each year to be a member of the 'fans club'.

I fully accept this post will not be accepted by some folks - I do not care.

I am only passing on what I am hearing outside of Blackburn.

Newcastle being the example. Even though they suffered relegation - they are still attending matches.

So not attending means you don't care?

You never went today so you don't care either?

Away games you hear racist comments, so they must be evident at home?

It's a strange post Paf, I assume drink played a part? Or at least I hope it did....

#Venkys out

Get out of it PAFFELL. Boycotting is absolute torture to everyone that's doing it, but it's a way of refusing to be part of the shambles that is Blackburn Rovers which is totally @#/? from top down. Accept it.

If one more person compares our plight to Newcastle's I might actually tear my hair out. Totally incomparable, they've spent FOURTY THREE million on players and have a manager (who's a prick) thats won the champions league. If you want the fans to come, show them some enthusiasm, respect, engage with them and show them some sort of plan and structure but if you alienate them and treat them like dirt then they wont come. Working class folk from towns like Blackburn won't stand to be treated the way they're being treated and I couldn't care less if they sell the whole bloody lot of them because Blackburn Rovers will never be successful whilst they're here.

You say "the fans need to attend" but as over 10,000 fans have shown... They don't, they have other things to do that be treated like @#/?. In my view whats NEEDED is the fans to stand against them in anyway possible, stand up for ourselves and not be treated like worthless scum. I will not pay into the club under their ownership, like the Blackpool fans say 'Not One Penny More'. The club can go into admin if it means putting even more heat on them, bring it on.

"Your attendances at matches, shows you care." Course it does but choosing not to go whilst they remain is a difficult decision to make for many people and carries just as much weight.

Hang on a minute, I went to every away game last season and can't recall any racist chanting whatsoever.

Hang on a minute, I went to every away game last season and can't recall any racist chanting whatsoever.

I totally agree with that Aggy. I saw plenty of obnoxious behaviour fuelled by drink that would put many families off from attending away games but I didn't hear any racist chanting and, like you, I was at every away game.

Get out of it PAFFELL. Boycotting is absolute torture to everyone that's doing it, but it's a way of refusing to be part of the shambles that is Blackburn Rovers which is totally @#/? from top down. Accept it.

Unfortunately, your post yesterday about "Genuinely laughing" when the Rovers were 3-0 down at half-time illustrates why you will continue to alienate many supporters from your point of view as it comes across as though you really don't care about the club.

Chaddy, you don't help though. When the team line up is announced and there are clearly questions to be asked (firstly why isn't the manager playing four of the players he's signed, why is Henley out of position, why is Marshall playing somewhere he hasnt played during pre-season), all you post is 'really happy with that line up'.

Now a response like that is clearly posted either to wind people up or made because you are completely clueless. I'm not convinced that you are clueless. There is absolutely no way you looked at that team and were 'really happy', nobody else on this forum was really happy with it.

Chaddy, you don't help though. When the team line up is announced and there are clearly questions to be asked (firstly why isn't the manager playing four of the players he's signed, why is Henley out of position, why is Marshall playing somewhere he hasnt played during pre-season), all you post is 'really happy with that line up'.

Now a response like that is clearly posted either to wind people up or made because you are completely clueless. I'm not convinced that you are clueless. There is absolutely no way you looked at that team and were 'really happy', nobody else on this forum was really happy with it.

Didnt I explained this comment about 15 hours ago. Not sure why you have bought it up again but hey ho.

A number of posts have been hidden, including some from posters who show respect and have not broken any guidelines, this was necessary as those posts included quotes from posters who have been posting personal insults and foul langauge.

Apologies to those who have done nothing - it's the collateral damage I'm afraid.

Didnt I explained this comment about 15 hours ago. Not sure why you have bought it up again but hey ho.

But you then made your post about it being hard for people to unite. That's what I'm responding to and explaining that you poking the fire with posts designed to get a reaction doesn't help.

A boycott is the only way.

I very much doubt that I will be at Ewood, or any other ground where Rovers are playing, again this season.

I went yesterday out of almost a morbid curiosity with it being the season's opener and having a new manager in place. All it served to do was to confirm my very worst fears about how shambolic our club has become.

I saw fans heading for the exits when goal three for Norwich went in with hundreds more leaving when goal four went in. I spoke with a number of season ticket holders and I sensed the majority regretted having renewed with all optimism for the season having evaporated in that shambolic first 25 minutes.

I have known the morale of fans to be very low on a number of occasions during 50+ years of watching Rovers but never, ever have I experienced what we have now.

I think Rovers began dying on the first day Venky's took control, yesterday, it became evident they are now on life support and slipping quickly away.

Unfortunately, your post yesterday about "Genuinely laughing" when the Rovers were 3-0 down at half-time illustrates why you will continue to alienate many supporters from your point of view as it comes across as though you really don't care about the club.

Not caring about the club is the only way to care for this club. The only way Venkys leave is either aggressive protests (won't happen) or relegation after relegation - so here's to keeping losing and us getting our club back.

Not caring about the club is the only way to care for this club. The only way Venkys leave is either aggressive protests (won't happen) or relegation after relegation - so here's to keeping losing and us getting our club back.

If you want the club to keep losing and suffer relegation after relegation you are no supporter of Blackburn Rovers no matter how much you try to persuade yourself differently.

I was there yesterday, as I will be for the rest of the season and the season ma after that. I totally understand why some fans are boycotting and respect their right to do so. In the current scenario there isn't a right and wrong IMO, individuals are free to choose how they beat think they can support Blackburn Rovers.

For the record my reasons for attending and continuing to do so are thus; I'm from Lancaster, I travel to each game to meet up with family and the only remaining connection I have to east lancs, Rovers have been the only constant in my life and I hold a real emotional connection to going to the match with my grandfather. My genuine fear for myself and others for that matter is when you stop going your life gets filled with other activities and the habit is broken, over time the passion people have is eroded and it's hard to get that back. Ive seen it happen at my more local club Morecambe, they've lost about half their fan base following moving grounds and big price hikes. People started off by saying they'd pick and choose games, most of them now attend rarely if at all.

It's a sad state of affairs that people have to defend their right to go to or boycott games but such is the position we are in. I will never criticise anyone for doing either as there are a number of personal circumstances and feelings that dictate both sides.

But you then made your post about it being hard for people to unite. That's what I'm responding to and explaining that you poking the fire with posts designed to get a reaction doesn't help.

Yet again I've replied to this yesterday.

Its always going to be hard to unite the fanbase now. We have done the Venkys out chants and Boycotting by at least half of the fanbase. But comments like JB dont help this situation.

Archived