BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Getridfor2Quid: Venk77 Plus Amount To 70070 Or Online.

Madon

• Backroom

If Robbie Savage won't do it we could ask our new legend Stan Collymore? Haha. I'm sure he'd be happy too if it provided him with some publicity.

Not the greatest time to get wide publicity now as it would be dwarved by the Celtic fan fundraiser.

This has been fantastic exposure and got some good attention last week.

Well done Madon.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I am hoping that someone will mention it on 606 on saturday night and maybe ask Savage if he would be interested in handing over the cheque to generate a bit more publicity when he is next in the area. (Kamy, Glen, whoever else is thinking of calling in?)

At the end of the month when everyone has been paid I think i'll wrap it up and hand the money over.

I am hoping that someone will mention it on 606 on saturday night and maybe ask Savage if he would be interested in handing over the cheque to generate a bit more publicity when he is next in the area. (Kamy, Glen, whoever else is thinking of calling in?)

At the end of the month when everyone has been paid I think i'll wrap it up and hand the money over.

606 tonight.

We need sensible callers to speak up and one person to plug this and put Robbie on the spot to hand over the cheque.

The publicity from that photo will be mission accomplished.

• Backroom

Spoken with Paul Wheelock. The Telegraph will cover it as I thought they would.

To gain maximum exposure can anyone suggest anything else? I'm hoping to present a cheque at the back end of this week or early next week unless we want a 'Venkys Out' cheque?

To gain maximum exposure can anyone suggest anything else? I'm hoping to present a cheque at the back end of this week or early next week unless we want a 'Venkys Out' cheque?

Im still fine to order the cheque however we need one we can reuse. There was a image on twitter I think it was ROAR rovers organised against venkys . If this is the official image then we could get that added to the cheque but we need the artwork so they can print.

If it's too much trouble them just get the message right and use their cheque.

Definately get a VenkysOut cheque Madon. The picture will live on with reference then.

On the "from" on the cheque put something like "Blackburn Rovers fans that no longer back Venkys".

Get some of your own pictures too for longevity. Do it wearing an old Rovers shirt.

• Backroom

Chor, if you can get the cheque then that would be brilliant? Just need to decide what's going on it. Your ordering it so I'm happy to go with whatever you want.

Maybe the BBC i might be able to ask a few contacts?

Chor, if you can get the cheque then that would be brilliant? Just need to decide what's going on it. Your ordering it so I'm happy to go with whatever you want.

I'll post on the main forum about artwork and who has it. Once I have that I will order it and ship it to you.

Posted it hopefully it will get more traffic and we will get what we need.

• Backroom

Just finalising the cheque details with Ian (Chor808).

Quick question that we wanted to put out there...

What signature do we want on the cheque? i.e. 'Fed up Rovers fans' or 'Football fans together for #VenkysOut' (wasn't just rovers fans that donated!)

Is there a message/hashtag/or email we want to include on the cheque?

Ian is very kindly paying for a personalised cheque which includes the 'Enough is Enough' logo, I would just like to thank him publicly for that!

Just finalising the cheque details with Ian (Chor808).

Quick question that we wanted to put out there...

What signature do we want on the cheque? i.e. 'Fed up Rovers fans' or 'Football fans together for #VenkysOut' (wasn't just rovers fans that donated!)

Is there a message/hashtag/or email we want to include on the cheque?

Ian is very kindly paying for a personalised cheque which includes the 'Enough is Enough' logo, I would just like to thank him publicly for that!

The sick rose/ enough is enough /Venky's Out would be great. However, to promote maximum visibility on the photo... you might have to sacrifice some of the writing on the cheque? Sometimes, it's a case of less is more?

Anyway, well done!

• Backroom

Just Venkys Out and then tell the LET journo, if one is covering it which I'm sure they will, that football fans from across the country donated and we had a particularly successful response from them. In particular Man Utd.

Paul Wheelock has confirmed he will be more than happy to cover the story. :brfcsmilie:

• Backroom

Quick update:

I have closed the page to all donations, massive thanks to everybody who shared, supported and donated to the page.

The total amount raised including gift aid was £2,604.06 there is a peronalised cheque on order and I will go and present this to the hospice when I've received it.

#FanPower #VenkysOut

• Backroom

Brilliant. Make sure the nationals and Indian newspapers get to know about it too.

Lancs Telegraph are covering it already but will try and get nationals/Indian press on it too, I only have twitter as a means of contacting them, I know some people are already in touch with members of the national press so help would be much appreciated!

Here is a final Cheque, Madon I'll tell them to print now and it will be shipped direct to you. I think it looks good and gets the message across well, the size is 85cm * 42cm so we will need to make sure the camera man gets a good shot. We did try the enough is enough across as a background but it did not work out.

Well done again Madon, nice work.

cheque.png

Lancs Telegraph are covering it already but will try and get nationals/Indian press on it too, I only have twitter as a means of contacting them, I know some people are already in touch with members of the national press so help would be much appreciated!

Excellent very well done madon and everybody else who helped and supported.

Might I just ask with my tongue firmly in my cheek, is there anybody who you specifically do not require any help from with regards the national press, or are you happy to accept help from whatever sources?

• Backroom

Excellent very well done madon and everybody else who helped and supported.

Might I just ask with my tongue firmly in my cheek, is there anybody who you specifically do not require any help from with regards the national press, or are you happy to accept help from whatever sources?

All publicity is good publicity as far as I am concerned! :brfc:

Archived