BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers' Debt

It was a private meeting but I think all of us were amazed when he confirmed what we put to him.

Surely, it could be put out there that none other than Scudamore, himself, confirmed XYZ?

I can only imagine the impact that would have had on the numbers of activists...

I just don't understand the secrecy and willingness to maintain it....

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly think another party or parties pitched in for a stake in it. It would explain a lot like why certain people always seem to have representation at the club.

For the initial asking price it would only take 4 lots to pitch in with 6 million a piece. Maybe with the idea of get the stake money back as quick as possible then a guaranteed annual return of 2 mill each or something over the long term. Perfectly doable whilst in the Prem I suppose.

"But how on earth could these investors get their money back?" he asked naively!

And how did they convince the FA that no rules had been infringed?

And no wonder they refuse to entertain any notion of seeking the club! Etc etc

This just gets worse.

Just as well they are "fit and proper owners" or we would have really been done over.

And how did they convince the FA that no rules had been infringed?

And no wonder they refuse to entertain any notion of seeking the club! Etc etc

IF other parties do have stakes in us then it looks like we're lumped with them for the foreseeable. I just do not see how all parties would agree to selling the club, especially with the skeletons that would emerge.

I'm sure Glen/Kamy have said on many occasions though that it's Venky's that we need to target (could be wrong!).

Would it not benefit the cause to let this information out some way or another?

I'm assuming Glen was at the meeting, as I remember Philip going with Glen to the FA. Therefore, if there is any info, i'm sure Glen would reveal it - based on the fact he's revealed everything else so far and hasn't been fed to the fishes yet.

You are right, I cannot answer, but you and several other people are asking the same question and we got a very interesting answer from Richard Scudamore.

If Richard Scudamore knows something that would help us in our quest then it needs to be made public.

When Mike Newell spoke out against the activities of certain agents, Scudamore said of Newell "He has a duty to the game to tell us exactly what he knows and if there has been wrong-doing it will be taken up"

So if Scudamore knows something regarding the ownership of Rovers then does he not have the same obligations?

If his answer to your question is 'Interesting' rather than incriminating could you not share it with the MB ?

If it is incriminating then who is acting on it ? If things are happening and you want to keep it low key then fair enough but we need to put pressure on anyone with useful evidence.

• Moderation Lead

If Richard Scudamore knows something that would help us in our quest then it needs to be made public.

When Mike Newell spoke out against the activities of certain agents, Scudamore said of Newell "He has a duty to the game to tell us exactly what he knows and if there has been wrong-doing it will be taken up"

So if Scudamore knows something regarding the ownership of Rovers then does he not have the same obligations?

If his answer to your question is 'Interesting' rather than incriminating could you not share it with the MB ?

If it is incriminating then who is acting on it ? If things are happening and you want to keep it low key then fair enough but we need to put pressure on anyone with useful evidence.

Absolutely. All this carrot-dangling only serves to irritate those that don't know something that members could divulge, but don't, when in reality it's the best thing for us all to know, especially if it can help more people rally around the case. This is exactly the type of disharmony that is causing problems for the supporters' groups at the moment.

IF other parties do have stakes in us then it looks like we're lumped with them for the foreseeable. I just do not see how all parties would agree to selling the club, especially with the skeletons that would emerge.

I'm sure Glen/Kamy have said on many occasions though that it's Venky's that we need to target (could be wrong!).

Especially if some parties continue to benefit from the club as it is and lets just remind ourselves of this Mr Pashas background ...

Absolutely. All this carrot-dangling only serves to irritate those that don't know something that members could divulge, but don't, when in reality it's the best thing for us all to know, especially if it can help more people rally around the case. This is exactly the type of disharmony that is causing problems for the supporters' groups at the moment.

Absolutely right!

Well if that were the case then we'd be wasting our time targeting solely Venkys. So it's kinda important really Philip...

Venky's hold the shares and appoint the directors so they are rightly the people to be addressed.

I have repeatedly observed that there are huge amounts of information shared around at least 50 people including employees of more than half a dozen media organisations which for all kinds of reasons, mostly legal, cannot be divulged as yet.

Things such as Keane's contract and the Venky's solicitor letter have come out which if you had asked me six months ago I would have said were impossible to put into the public domain.

Now there are at least two avenues for information to go public. Nobody needs to be told anything, the people who can make these things public are at liberty to do so and have the information. It appears, for now, legal barking is not being followed up with legal biting so keep watching these spaces...

Venky's hold the shares and appoint the directors so they are rightly the people to be addressed.

I have repeatedly there are huge amounts of information shared around at least 50 people including employees of at least half a dozen media organisations for all kinds of reasons, mostly legal cannot be divulged as yet.

Things such as Keane's contract, the Venky's solicitor letter have come out which if you had asked me six months ago I would have said were impossible to get out into the public domain.

Now there are at least two avenues for information to go public. Nobody needs to be told anything, the people who can make these things public are at liberty to do so, have the information and it appears, for now, legal barking is not being followed up with legal biting....

Maybe the funds are not available to do the biting, especially if it is from at least 50 sources

Why would a Rovers fan do the legal biting?

They wouldn't

But if 50 sources have info that would help the cause, my point is do the Venky's have the dosh to bite 50 different sources that could leak/publish incriminating information.

I didn't refer to Rovers fans doing the biting in my post.

Sorry- misunderstood

I know people moaned about the supporters meeting being without focus but:

- Rovers is so important in the lives of tens of thousands of people that we all talk about it, we wonder what on earth is going on and everybody asks questions. We all bump into people, football people, people with links to people who have links to Rovers and things come out. Sometimes gems have been unearthed and it is literally more than a year that others get to hear about it because the person who is told doesn't know they are holding a missing piece in the jigsaw

- I am peripheral, not a member of any group, but I know that I and people more involved than me are forever being surprised by people coming forward whom we have never heard of with genuine nuggets of information

- Rovers is so bonkers that we are beyond being "gobsmacked" by what we are told and the evidence we get. In fact the more off the wall it is, the likelier it is to be true!

- this means that far from a select little group, the "in the knows" are spread far and wide. So far as I am concerned, I can immediately think of three reporters who know far more than I do and have bulging files on Anderson, Hubert and the Raos but cannot get it published because of ridculous libel laws.

What this means is that the "organisers" of the supporters groups don't know what is coming next.

I would imagine that for people sitting in Pune or Zurich or London, Blackburn Rovers are all their worst nightmares all at the same time because of the totally uncontrollable unpredictability of it all.

Sorry- misunderstood

- Rovers is so important in the lives of tens of thousands of people that we all talk about it, we wonder what on earth is going on and everybody asks questions. We all bump into people, football people, people with links to people who have links to Rovers and things come out. Sometimes gems have been unearthed and it is literally more than a year that others get to hear about it because the person who is told doesn't know they are holding a missing piece in the jigsaw

- I am peripheral, not a member of any group, but I know that I and people more involved than me are forever being surprised by people coming forward whom we have never heard of with genuine nuggets of information

- Rovers is so bonkers that we are beyond being "gobsmacked" by what we are told and the evidence we get. In fact the more off the wall it is, the likelier it is to be true!

- this means that far from a select little group, the "in the knows" are spread far and wide. So far as I am concerned, I can immediately think of three reporters who know far more than I do and have bulging files on Anderson, Hubert and the Raos but cannot get it published because of ridculous libel laws.

What this means is that the "organisers" of the supporters groups don't know what is coming next.

I would imagine that for people sitting in Pune or Zurich or London, Blackburn Rovers are all their worst nightmares all at the same time because of the totally uncontrollable unpredictability of it all.

I thought you jumped a bit quick there,

Just because I thought leaving the EU was the best option does not mean I have a contrary view to you on the Rovers, if you doubt that ask, SMc next time you talk to him.

Sorry- misunderstood

Thanks for that Philip but you thought the doc's released would cause libel action and they haven't, so maybe people are worrying over things that may not happen. Im not being flippant over the legal stuff but as above, they could get out without trouble.

They wouldn't

But if 50 sources have info that would help the cause, my point is do the Venky's have the dosh to bite 50 different sources that could leak/publish incriminating information.

I didn't refer to Rovers fans doing the biting in my post.

That's the thing, hit em from all angles. If 500 fans all release a page of the dossier each are they going to pursue all 500 ?

Archived