BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hmrc

Iceman

If anyone is going to take Venky's down it will be HMRC.

I have a strong suspicion that when clubs start to become an embarrassment the FA give their pals over at HMRC a nod, look at the number of troubled clubs that have their problems 'resolved' by HMRC, pretty much all of them.

I would expect a winding up petition to be issued for unpaid tax, which will hopefully signal the end of Venky's. They will most likely bankrupt Venky's London, leaving nothing for HMRC to chase, put the companies only asset (BRFC) into Admin and disappear off into the sunset after trousering millions from the club, which is sickening but we will be rid.

FYI adsfortheblues' more detailed post has been hidden at his own request, owing to an anonymous threat of 'action' to the poster's own email.

Let's keep the site itself out of bother.

It would appear cages have been rattled.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI adsfortheblues' more detailed post has been hidden at his own request, owing to an anonymous threat of 'action' to the poster's own email.

How'd they get his email? Don't see anything libellous about it frankly. Although I understand his reasons for removing it.

Bunch of wasters. Patrolling these boards desperately trying to cling onto whatever self respect they believe themselves to have. Regardless of what anyone says they will always be known as lying cheats and no threat of 'action' will remove that label.

Have some dignity and walk away you bunch of scrotes!

Depends how much the tax bill might be if there was one. We've still got Marshall & Evans to sell and assets to re mortgage ....

I think any HMRC investigation that showed money laundering and/or fraud, misrepresentation of transfer fees, etc would then trigger a re-application for the Fit and Proper test, which you would expect they would fail.

I've said before that my old man works in football admin, he's been club secretary, company secretary, director and CE at FL clubs. We were talking about Rovers yesterday (he's not a fan) and is of the opinion that in terms of football legislation based on the facts out there at the moment, the FA are powerless against Venky's as there is nothing against an owner taking a club apart piece by piece and there is no real concrete proof of 3rd party/agent ownership of the club.

However, that's not to say the FA and many in football arent aware of whats going on and against it, ultimately the FA/PL/EFL have a product to protect i.e. the 'national game' and all that jazz. Which is where our pals the HMRC come in, I firmly believe that they are used as the attack dog of the FA to move on owners and/or clubs that damage the image of the FA's product.

Anonymous threats ! You bunch of bottom feeding planktons . You are scum and nasty horrible human beings . I bet your parents are dead proud of the parasite vermin you have become

#venkysout and all the turds jailed !!

• Backroom

I don't want to whizz on anyone's chips, but re: HMRC, in the event of demandimg payment of unpaid taxes, what would stop Venkys London receiving a loan or some sort of share issue purchase from a sister company and letting the circus carry on?

I don't want to whizz on anyone's chips, but re: HMRC, in the event of demandimg payment of unpaid taxes, what would stop Venkys London receiving a loan or some sort of share issue purchase from a sister company and letting the circus carry on?

I suspect this would depend on the amount demanded

Loaning money from other companies may alert their shareholders to the 'issues' at Rovers, a company they make no reference to owning in their annual report. I can't imagine news of tax issues in the UK in an unmentioned company that is losing money hand over fist and secured against assets in Pune would go down well with their shareholders.

I think any HMRC investigation that showed money laundering and/or fraud, misrepresentation of transfer fees, etc would then trigger a re-application for the Fit and Proper test, which you would expect they would fail.

I've said before that my old man works in football admin, he's been club secretary, company secretary, director and CE at FL clubs. We were talking about Rovers yesterday (he's not a fan) and is of the opinion that in terms of football legislation based on the facts out there at the moment, the FA are powerless against Venky's as there is nothing against an owner taking a club apart piece by piece and there is no real concrete proof of 3rd party/agent ownership of the club.

However, that's not to say the FA and many in football arent aware of whats going on and against it, ultimately the FA/PL/EFL have a product to protect i.e. the 'national game' and all that jazz. Which is where our pals the HMRC come in, I firmly believe that they are used as the attack dog of the FA to move on owners and/or clubs that damage the image of the FA's product.

From the FA/PL/EFLs stance also you'd think they fear the first club to be investigated would start a chain reaction they couldn't handle. Fans of Charlton, Leeds, Coventry, Cardiff and so on would be entitled to demand investigations into their mess, quite rightly as well.

Didn't they have some kind of one into Leeds and they still couldn't determine who actually owned it ?

Just hope there really is something in this HMRC thing and they go ahead with a full investigation. If they did I'm sure they'd turn something up but god knows where that would leave the club.

• Backroom

In theory they could do that, but with the eye of HMRC on VLL going forward they couldn't operate in the same way as before. If that invalidates the reason for VLL's existence, then obviously keeping it around is a pointless endeavour and would likely lead to some sort of action from Venky's.

Obviously all if's and but's, we'll have to wait and see. I'm not getting my hopes up.

From the FA/PL/EFLs stance also you'd think they fear the first club to be investigated would start a chain reaction they couldn't handle. Fans of Charlton, Leeds, Coventry, Cardiff and so on would be entitled to demand investigations into their mess, quite rightly as well.

Didn't they have some kind of one into Leeds and they still couldn't determine who actually owned it ?

Just hope there really is something in this HMRC thing and they go ahead with a full investigation. If they did I'm sure they'd turn something up but god knows where that would leave the club.

Coventry have just won in the high court against SISA, I think the outcome of that case and some of the language used in it should be very interesting to Rovers Trust.

The thing is, most owners of football clubs are bad owners, they load clubs with debt and spend beyond their means, to all intents and purposes everyone is happy with that, its totally unsustainable but accepted as the norm in football. Cellino at Leeds is potty but he's not really doing much different than a lot of owners, he's just much more vocal about it and has some pretty mental ideas, Bates was a much more reckless owner with the salaries he was handing out but at the time most fans were fine with it as they were sccesful. I think we (and Coventry) are different in that the owners seem to wilfully be ensuring the club fails, to the point of negligence.

If this is an investigation being carried out by HMRC then there is a fair chance that it isn't as simple as an unpaid tax bill. Of course the outcome of the investigation may well be that nothing untoward has happened, but if it has, then there could be serious consequences. I refer to the likes of Lester Piggott and Ken Dodd. Those two were not allowed to just pay what was owed and carry on. Dodd was acquited, but Piggott was jailed. The fact that someone has gone to the trouble of E Mailing the poster, makes me believe that something untoward is happening, otherwise why bother with the threats? I am sure it will all come out in the wash and may well be why we have sold around £40 million worth of players and spent £400,000 in the last 18 months.

One other thing that I find very strange is the £23 million used to buy the club, starting life as cash in a Western Union account. This may well also be attracting the attention of the tax man.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/october/23/newsid_3755000/3755282.stm

Archived