BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hmrc

Iceman

If HMR&C have a whiff of anything underhand, Rovers are in big trouble.

Once got involved with an organisation under investigation for the way it operated its promotions including issue of free product. It was naïve and negligent rather than criminal/intentional. HMR&C were unmerciful and it cost the organisation a small fortune. Needless to say, heads rolled and expensive lessons were learned.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

We just have to hope it is the company itself in trouble (VLL) and not its assets (BRFC). Although I'll take anything at this point that rids us of them.

Hypothetically, if VLL are forced to dissolve (or whatever the term is) I assume all debt to them would be wiped, leaving Rovers in Admin, available for £20m or so (plus £1) to prospective buyers?

Thinking aloud, not saying this with any knowledge of how this crap works.

If HMR&C have a whiff of anything underhand, Rovers are in big bigger trouble.

Once got involved with an organisation under investigation for the way it operated its promotions including issue of free product. It was naïve and negligent rather than criminal/intentional. HMR&C were unmerciful and it cost the organisation a small fortune. Needless to say, heads rolled and expensive lessons were learned.

Am I being naive if I ask how any investigation could be for unpaid tax when they have never made a profit?

No you aren't being naive at all. There are different kinds of tax payable by an employer and also different takes other than Income tax. Let's assume that I owned a company and I employed 300 employees. If I pay them under PAYE which I should, then I have to send the tax and NI due off to the Revenue, as and when it becomes due. If the company is struggling and I pay it late, or not at all, then the profits are irrelevant.

It probably goes a lot deeper than just unpaid tax, it could be that a company is investigated for money laundring, or for making illegal payments too, what the building trade may refer to as a foreigner, for example.

As already stated, if an investigation is going on, then it is possibly for something a lot more serious than unpaid tax.

Possibly admin may have to, but not sure we mods can pass on such info.

Might be that his email was on his profile page at the time of posting and the complainant is a poster on here?

Are admin obliged to give out members personal details to anyone who asks?

If it was a poster on here you'd hope it was Sergei. That would be expected.

• Backroom

Are admin obliged to give out members personal details to anyone who asks?

If it was a poster on here you'd hope it was Sergei. That would be expected.

I don't know, but I suspect in the event of a legal threat, yes.

Your email addresses are safe, it's all unfortunately made up. A hunch followed by a hasty back track and cover story upon realisation he was in deep.

so, adsforblues or whatever his name was, concocted all this...because his realised that he was into it up to his neck and didnt want anymore spotlight. then why @#/? do it in the first place?? clown.

Your email addresses are safe, it's all unfortunately made up. A hunch followed by a hasty back track and cover story upon realisation he was in deep.

or...everything that he or she has posted on this forum of late is all a bunch of @#/? ? and there is no truth in an HMRC investigation at all ??

Find it hard to belive that fictional posts appear, There is no need for it we are in deep trouble as it is without people posting bull on here.Stick to the basics, Stick together then we have a chance of success of getting rid of the cancer that lies within our club.

Find it hard to belive that fictional posts appear, There is no need for it we are in deep trouble as it is without people posting bull on here.Stick to the basics, Stick together then we have a chance of success of getting rid of the cancer that lies within our club.

Tell it to WAR

• Backroom

How do you know this mate?

SOMEBODY PLEASE!! tell me if or not there is a investigation going on by HMRC ??

Best thing to do is telephone HMRC and ask them, if enough also telephone and ask the same question, well well what do you think might happen

I don't believe he or she has posted all that for no reason then done a runner. Also some of the stuff that flys around on here from a lot of us yet goes unchallenged ?

It's an odd one but something must have happened although wasn't it said the threat was anonymous ? Knowing some of the hot air blowers that have it in for this site the threat was probably bull.

Archived