BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hmrc

Iceman

• Backroom

Be interesting to see the contents of this threatening email

I'm not sure what grounds you could reasonably threaten legal action against, there was nothing incriminating in the post as such.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be interesting to see the contents of this threatening email

I'm not sure what grounds you could reasonably threaten legal action against, there was nothing incriminating in the post as such.

It hasn't been stated if it was a legal threat or a personal threat.

How can it be a legal threat if the sender is anonymous?

Was it an anonymous warning that legal action could follow?

Can we move on?

Protesters who put their heads above the parapet will be exposed to danger and deserve thanks.

When I come onto the Riverside after 18 minutes on October 29th evening with my football whistle I expect more negative than congratulatory comments.

• Backroom

For those wondering, he's clarified there's no legal threat, but anot implied threat to his safety along the lines of 'if you keep putting your nose in, there'll be trouble'.

As such he's reluctant to post and is considering deleting his account.

Don't let him delete his account Mike.

Suggest he reports to police with copy of email.

Will just be a nobody noballs behind a keyboard.

Absolutely, let him report this to the police. That is a direct threat to his safety.

For those wondering, he's clarified there's no legal threat, but anot implied threat to his safety along the lines of 'if you keep putting your nose in, there'll be trouble'.

As such he's reluctant to post and is considering deleting his account.

I can see where he is coming from, this is exactly how they started with me, the threats etc. Which suggest it's from within our own supporter base

I can see where he is coming from, this is exactly how they started with me, the threats etc. Which suggest it's from within our own supporter base

Regression of the left! That seems to be the world at the moment.

Do we gave a way to make threats like this public or a generic posting title (similar to the Norwegian Twitter thing) for Rumours?

There's one or two lads in the Police post on here i'm sure they'd offer advice. Why would any so called fan offer threats for something like that when there is plenty other stuff posted on here ?

Either being prompted from somewhere for some reason (£) surely not from within the club :blink:

Cowards.

We need to consider that if there is anything to this HMRC rumour it could well be a knock on effect from the investigation into the agency business in Switzerland etc. We know some names may be connected so understandable they might be under instruction to have a closer than normal look at VLL from higher powers or something.

Doesn't mean there is any wrong doing.

What has the world come to?

Somebody posts a rumour he hears, which if true would enter the public domain at some point anyway, then gets threatened for it. If there was no substance to it would a threat be necessary? What harm is being done if it's not true? Crackers.

What's the guest traffic been like on here these last few weeks?

• Backroom

Re: adsfortheblues. The post was hidden because of a threat along the lines of 'we can find you'. As the poster works in Government, he doesn't want to jeopardise his career through police involvement backfiring on him.

I'd personally suggest the info was relatively credible, as it apparently came from a source of his in Government (as opposed to a club source).

Re: adsfortheblues. The post was hidden because of a threat along the lines of 'we can find you'. As the poster works in Government, he doesn't want to jeopardise his career through police involvement backfiring on him.

I'd personally suggest the info was relatively credible, as it apparently came from a source of his in Government (as opposed to a club source).

Imagine how difficult it is to get any credible information. Which is why Glen's work should be admired. WAR will not get anything here in India. Protests wont get the Venky's Out, Information will. Protesting is easy peasy, getting the relevant information is so much more difficult.

WAR will not get anything here in India.

This does worry me. The thing about protests is that we should always look for a least cost/ highest benefit equation.

The trip to Pune looks like very high cost and I have yet to be convinced about the benefit.I can't help musing about what could be achieved for half the cost of a group travelling to India plus accommodation etc

Having said that, I don't know what work is going on behind the scenes to generate exposure...

This anon threat don't make sense.

Not possible to get his email addy based on his post or forum id...

Unless he posted his personal info and they went through his 1400 posts and found it. Unlikely.

I also bet half the posters aren't even still using the email addy they registered with.

If no legal threat certainly no legal request for info to the site.

If there had been, I expect site would seek legal advice before submitting any personal info.

So its someone who knows him (a fan) or someone with access to the site database or BS.

Give him a new alias and lets release further info differently.

This anon threat don't make sense.

Not possible to get his email addy based on his post or forum id...

Unless he posted his personal info and they went through his 1400 posts and found it. Unlikely.

I also bet half the posters aren't even still using the email addy they registered with.

If no legal threat certainly no legal request for info to the site.

If there had been, I expect site would seek legal advice before submitting any personal info.

So its someone who knows him (a fan) or someone with access to the site database or BS.

Give him a new alias and lets release further info differently.

They could have filed a request for us to help them get in contact with him/her under Section 5 of the 2014 Defamation Act, which we'd have been very happy to oblige with (almost all legal threats based on user generated content are now directed this way), the government have written some clear, concise and ultimately fair guidance on the whole procedure, but to the best of my knowledge (i.e. unless Ste dealt with it and didn't mention it, which is rather unlikely) then no such request has been made.

My guess is they did some good old OSINT and found it some other way

Archived