BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam

J*B

I like Big Sam... always have. Effective and no one better at what he does.

I don't think he should have gone over this without concrete evidence in place suggesting he was open to a bung. A ten month investigation yielded a 3m 50second clip of one meeting where Sam was asked a question and gave an honest answer.

Has he brought the game into disrepute which is only the same as Mark Hughes yelling at a ref or Jason Puncheon last year accusing Neil Warnock of being dodgy with agents? Yes because he should know better than to get involved with this even though he did caveat it with the claim of it needing to go to the FA for approval.

I think there must be more in the barrel given to the FA quietly from the Telegraph as you wouldn't sack someone over this. It's a usual slap down and a fine at club level.

Still would have Sam here any day of the week. The fact Shebby tried to get him to come back too suggests he will always be regarded in the game.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linekers absolutely, right but I doubt the powers that be will go down quietly, hence the NDA and the rumored £1m payout Allardyce got for going quietly, that makes me absolutely sick to the stomach, a payout for what? rotten to the core.

Allardyces agent has gone public and said he advised him not to attend the second meeting at Wings in Manchester, yet Allardyce said he went along to help the agent out, neither can lie straight in bed, I hope they both rot.

Why the hell is it down to journalists to investigate these long standing allegations? well we all know why, old boys network with money going in all directions.

Allardyce says entrapment has won, no you arrogant swine, common decency and the truth has won.

Don't think Sam has done himself any real favours today by dismissing the episode as "an error of judgement" and allegedly helping an old friend out and claiming that on this occasion "entrapment has won."

No genuine contrition whatsoever seemingly, his only real regret seems to be he got caught out.

The way the FA are allowed to buy his silence is a national disgrace, they've sacked the England coach and secured his silence with a 7 figure payout, thats even more corrupt than the man himself.

It really is.

And now it's completely understandable why they've turned a blind eye to the wrong doings at BRFC. To do this is to be complicit, absolutely disgusting with the amount of money paid out by people/families every week to watch an honest game of football.

Don't think Sam has done himself any real favours today by dismissing the episode as "an error of judgement" and allegedly helping an old friend out and claiming that on this occasion "entrapment has won."

No genuine contrition whatsoever seemingly, his only real regret seems to be he got caught out.

Leave it to the expert RB.

I like Big Sam... always have. Effective and no one better at what he does.

I don't think he should have gone over this without concrete evidence in place suggesting he was open to a bung. A ten month investigation yielded a 3m 50second clip of one meeting where Sam was asked a question and gave an honest answer.

Has he brought the game into disrepute which is only the same as Mark Hughes yelling at a ref or Jason Puncheon last year accusing Neil Warnock of being dodgy with agents? Yes because he should know better than to get involved with this even though he did caveat it with the claim of it needing to go to the FA for approval.

I think there must be more in the barrel given to the FA quietly from the Telegraph as you wouldn't sack someone over this. It's a usual slap down and a fine at club level.

Still would have Sam here any day of the week. The fact Shebby tried to get him to come back too suggests he will always be regarded in the game.

If you'd have Sam back here then you should never complain about Venky's or agents again. They are all part of the same cesspit.

He's done nothing illegal and has suffered due to his ego.

Silly, yes. Justification for a 10 month calculated 'hate campaign' by the Daily Telegraph? Hardly. England better off? Nope.

Kean, Venkys, agents, happy? (The real scourge of football). Absolutely delighted.

Who is the winner here? Truth, integrity and justice? No. No crime has been committed. There are no winners, and from a manufactured event whose sole purpose is to sell newspapers.

I appreciate I'm in a minority and plenty on here are also delighted, simply because they hate Allardyce.

He was showing intent.

Do we wait for people to do wrong and then step in, no we try to prevent and the law allows for this

So Steve Kean was right. Ha, the only time he ever tells the truth and he gets done for it.

Seriously though, football is rotten to the core. We have gone from managers trousering a few quid in brown paper packs to them making millions in offshore accounts. There is so much corrupt money in the game that no one cares who has their hand in the till anymore. It's a multi billion pound industry run by amateurs and shifty politicians which is a recipe for disaster.

Seems his supporters are only looking at the £400k deal to be a speaker, which is irrelevant. It's the love of bungs and disagreeing with and bending his employers rules that has got him quite rightly sacked. He only said he'd run the speaking job past the FA....which will be in his contract. I wonder if he ever did the same previously when a manager when taking kickbacks or breaking 3rd party ownershop rules.......I bet :D

Bang to rights. Absolutely no grey and no defence.

Nope Shebby is gone. It was him who approached.

I'm afraid we are stuck with what we have...for now.

If you'd have Sam back here then you should never complain about Venky's or agents again. They are all part of the same cesspit.

Show me the evidence of illegal wrongdoing?

Seems his supporters are only looking at the £400k deal to be a speaker, which is irrelevant. It's the love of bungs and disagreeing with and bending his employers rules that has got him quite rightly sacked. He only said he'd run the speaking job past the FA....which will be in his contract. I wonder if he ever did the same previously when a manager when taking kickbacks or breaking 3rd party ownershop rules.......I bet :D

Bang to rights. Absolutely no grey and no defence.

Codswallop. No concrete evidence what so ever, more embarrassment and bringing the game into disrepute.

Did you represent Al Capone for years? :)

He VERBALLY admitted to skimming bungs and bending his own employeers 3rd party rules. A rule they pioneered in world football. Even Sam saw the conflicts, no matter how he predictably tried to paint himself as the victim before scuttling off under a rock overseas.

Untenable

so are you happy with venkyscum then

Not at all. Quite the opposite.

Cant say too much because of my job which I love and cant put in danger BUT

I'm working on things individually of what I know, posses and certain parties connected of whose numbers and emails I have and have text spoken too and put others in touch with.

See my post edit above. This wasn't a court of law. It was a high ranking job he was shown to be unfit for morally and ethically.

Since when did ethics and morals play part of law?

Sounds harsh but I can tell you that it doesn't.

In a courtroom it's about what you can prove beyond doubt, might be documentation etc.

We've enough if we are organised.

No he didn't about bungs in fact he felt almost uncomfortable bringing It up. Proving doubt over validity over any claim.

And him complaining about being entrapped is ridiculous. He said what he said. He thinks his only mistake was to get caught.

Agreed, but a comment at the media more than anyone.

No just in UK law you must be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Come on you can do better than this Shaun.

He's not committed any crimes as such but the FA are responsible for Policing the game in this Country and "their man" has been caught with his trousers round his ankles advising 3rd parties how to get found their own rules and regulations!

Surely you see the problem?

He's done nothing illegal and has suffered due to his ego.

Silly, yes. Justification for a 10 month calculated 'hate campaign' by the Daily Telegraph? Hardly. England better off? Nope.

Kean, Venkys, agents, happy? (The real scourge of football). Absolutely delighted.

Who is the winner here? Truth, integrity and justice? No. No crime has been committed. There are no winners, and from a manufactured event whose sole purpose is to sell newspapers.

I appreciate I'm in a minority and plenty on here are also delighted, simply because they hate Allardyce.

I'm able to agree with much of this and I'm certainly not delighted - I don't have any particular emotion regarding this.

The whole episode illustrates what is wrong in football. Allardyce was stupid to attend two meetings which should have had his antennae bristling. That he chose to attend speaks volumes. If he believed it was serious above board business all he needed to do was ensure everything was conducted in a proper manner.

He chose to attend and was exposed as a man prepared to bend the rules. He clearly thought there was a bob or two to be earned.

He's not committed any crimes as such but the FA are responsible for Policing the game in this Country and "their man" has been caught with his trousers round his ankles advising 3rd parties how to get found their own rules and regulations!

Surely you see the problem?

I don't see how its any different to Jason Puncheon over Neil Warnock. He got fined and suspended a game or two.

Those guessing at manager 8 could possibly draw conclusions from this - http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/jason-puncheon-takes-to-twitter-to-accuse-neil-warnock-of-being-crooked/

As you've said he's not committed crimes and the terms and conditions of the FA contract between SAM are hardly going to be in the open to discuss technicalities.

What the hell are you on about DunnFC? He was sacked for gross misconduct. His actions allude to him being a tad shifty which obviously evidence would be needed to charge him. But courts and law has absolutely nothing to do with this being an open and shut dismissal

What the hell are you on about DunnFC? He was sacked for gross misconduct. His actions allude to him being a tad shifty which obviously evidence would be needed to charge him. But courts and law has absolutely nothing to do with this being an open and shut dismissal

The fact that if I was Sam. I'd have said no way I'm resigning. Sack me and pay me off my six million.

Gross misconduct over what exactly? Do you know the T&C's involved?

Yes it does have to do with law and courts... Employers can't just sack like this under the European Employment Law: http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=157 Even if your rubbish at your job you can't even remove someone technically.

Given he received 1 million for going quietly as opposed to being sacked for gross misconduct suggests a mutual agreement over something.

I don't see how its any different to Jason Puncheon over Neil Warnock. He got fined and suspended a game or two.

Those guessing at manager 8 could possibly draw conclusions from this - http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/jason-puncheon-takes-to-twitter-to-accuse-neil-warnock-of-being-crooked/

As you've said he's not committed crimes and the terms and conditions of the FA contract between SAM are hardly going to be in the open to discuss technicalities.

Aiding and abetting is a crime, showing intent is a crime

Aiding and abetting is a crime, showing intent is a crime

And the intent was... If I'm not mistaken he caveat this with I will check with the FA.

Not a chance it would stand up in a UK Court.

Whether he knew he was on dodgy waters remains the question but he answered it superbly in the eyes of anyone wishing to defend him.

Right back at you re Venky's and Anderson. Doesn't stop you calling for an FA investigation though, which I agree with. You only seem principled when it comes to people you don't like. You like Big Sam so you don't see any wrongdoing. It's a strange position to hold, and very hypocritical.

The fact that if I was Sam. I'd have said no way I'm resigning. Sack me and pay me off my six million.

Gross misconduct over what exactly? Do you know the T&C's involved?

Yes it does have to do with law and courts... Employers can't just sack like this under the European Employment Law: http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=157 Even if your rubbish at your job you can't even remove someone technically.

Given he received 1 million for going quietly as opposed to being sacked for gross misconduct suggests a mutual agreement over something.

Yep, the FA don't want the corruption in the public domain

And the intent was... If I'm not mistaken he caveat this with I will check with the FA.

Not a chance it would stand up in a UK Court.

Whether he knew he was on dodgy waters remains the question but he answered it superbly in the eyes of anyone wishing to defend him.

The intent was to help others break the rules.

Run it by the FA

:lol:

Archived