BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam

J*B

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chilean miners were trapped underground for two days more than Sam was England manger.

Allardyce is now tipped to take over as host of The Great British Bake Off.

He'll do anything for extra dough.....

If you were filmed chatting @#/? about your employers, offering advice on how to break their rules (truth or not) and criticising your team to a set of strangers, what would you expect to happen?

In the real world you don't get away with things like this. Nobody is saying the FA or the Press are angels, but Allardyce was a fool who allowed himself to be led into a trap. Before he'd managed a single match for the national team. For £400k, when he was on a £3m a year contract and is undoubtedly a millionaire many times over. It beggars belief.

Let's not forget the entirety of the evidence hasn't been released, either. I'm sure there's plenty more.

The conversations were set up by the newspapers. Regardless of any other aspersions this situation was manufactured, with the end result to trap another England manager. Bravo.

There is a reason covertly obtained evidence cannot be used in court.

The conversations were set up by the newspapers. Regardless of any other aspersions this situation was manufactured, with the end result to trap another England manager. Bravo.

Yes those nasty journalist made big fat useless Sam, and others to come, pretend that they were all lying, cheating, corrupt, greedy twohats when, in reality, they are all angels.

• Backroom

Nobody's talking about jailing him, so court is irrelevant. Do you think he'll be setting up a legal team to claim for unfair dismissal?

Do we not all live in hope of a similar entrapment closer to home yielding a similar result?

Stuart, I'm sure you would join me and several thousand others in saying Bravo then!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/sep/27/sam-allardyce-arrogant-clot-england-manager

Decent defence of Allardyce that also contains a depressing para concerning the contents of Joey Barton's autobiog. What a depressingly seedy game football is:-

'He (sam) should not expect a great deal of sympathy but in the grand scheme of managerial scandals it is certainly a few notches down from the passage in Joey Barton’s newly released autobiography about the “creative accounting” of one manager (though not one, he says, he ever played under) whose “speciality was making late substitutions on the understanding his assistant would later collect a percentage of the player’s match fee”. That manager, according to Barton, was infamous for giving homegrown players their debuts, sometimes just for a few minutes, so the academy director would collect a bonus, to be split again. The manager would re-sign players he had worked with at other clubs and take a cut from them, too – paid monthly, and invariably in cash.'

The English FA are total enemies of football. Everything they do, every decision they make, works to impede and stem the growth of the national team. Including non decisions such as keeping Hodgson for so long. For decades they have done their very best to ruin any and all chances for the team.

Enjoy a dead England under Southgate or Gary Neville or another idiot like that.

That's what worries me now it's all over. For just about the only time in my life, the FA chose as England manager someone who I felt confident about. They will now revert to the usual face that fits type of appointment or a spectacular foreign appointment which will go wrong and the English national team will continue to be a laughing stock, stumbling from one disaster to another.

But responsibility for this disaster must fall where it's due, on Allardyce and his greed and stupidity.

However, those who are saying "he's out of his depth anyway" are just plainly biased against him and can produce no evidence for such comments. I think he would have done really well and I'm disappointed that we will never see that now.

Listening and reading but not receiving, sound familiar jbizz?

He's gone now, right decision and no amount of bleating is going to change that.

Step forward Eddie Howe.

Just to illustrate my point above. Now there is a man who would be out of his depth.

• Backroom

That's what worries me now it's all over. For just about the only time in my life, the FA chose as England manager someone who I felt confident about. They will now revert to the usual face that fits type of appointment or a spectacular foreign appointment which will go wrong and the English national team will continue to be a laughing stock, stumbling from one disaster to another.

But responsibility for this disaster must fall where it's due, on Allardyce and his greed and stupidity.

However, those who are saying "he's out of his depth anyway" are just plainly biased against him and can produce no evidence for such comments. I think he would have done really well and I'm disappointed that we will never see that now.

Agreed. It is a huge shame, by all accounts Allardyce had some excellent ideas to transform the national team into a solid outfit. The likes of Bruce or Pardew will just repeat the same old "blood and thunder" nonsense that's seen us fall behind Wales in the international rankings.

Fantastic news as the corrupt, morally bankrupt, antithesis of football gets the boot yet again.

The FA have sacked themselves? And it's happened before?!?

It's great to know that the fantastic Press in this country, those intrepid investigative journalists, are there to save the day.

And yet when BRFC is infested, and actually stinks to high heaven, well, the FA, The Telegraph and The Lancashire Telegraph, Parliament, assorted MP's, every press publication come to think of it, people on the Board at Blackburn Rovers who should know better, the Football League, nigh on every single ex player who has been involved, who was there. Everyone. Everyman and his dog turn a blind eye.

But it's OK, Thick Sam gets stitched up like a kipper, and the world is well.

Here we go here we go here we go...

Ok so yawn may not be helpful but ....

I've seen all the released documents and there is nothing approaching a smoking gun. It simply isn't a big enough story for any news agency to run with.

However The Telegraph may have sufficient real evidence to bring the whole sordid world of English football down. Perhaps dodgy foreign owners may be caught in crossfire?

It's always been easy for many, in spite of his record, to dislike the man's arrogance, so it's no real surprise that was his undoing.

Much of what was said supports a view I've had for quite a while that agents keep relatively little of the money they get paid. Far from being disliked by managers, they operate as a conduit to spread some of the vast riches to managers, coaches and administrators. And I can see why this happens. Why should the current crop of players get all the money merely because they happen to be playing at the right time? Plenty to go around.

As to the question how could he be so stupid to blab all this to strangers, the most obvious answer is that it must happen all the time. He wasn't cautious because this is normal. They are all at it.

Well, for all the money he's earned, I bet he'll never sleep well again the rest of his life. Finally gets his dream come true, for one game, then boom, chucks it all away.

Ok so yawn may not be helpful but ....

I've seen all the released documents and there is nothing approaching a smoking gun. It simply isn't a big enough story for any news agency to run with.

However The Telegraph may have sufficient real evidence to bring the whole sordid world of English football down. Perhaps dodgy foreign owners may be caught in crossfire?

Have to hope so. I doubt it though, too many on the make. Allardyce was far too Northern (yes I know) for many of the Press boys - and that would never do.

As you said, we're just not a big enough story - certainly not for a similar "sting" - and we're properly wrong. Blatantly so.

it just shows how corrupt the english game is,ted croker and bert millichip would never have appointed bfs,since the suits have got involved in the game,the money swilling about and corruption come hand in hand,i would not be suprised if bfs was set up as a stool pigeon,he has a record of being dodgy.jesus even his son was a bloody agent.

i seem to recall one or two posters were really against bfs becoming rovers manager because of his style of football and the stench that followed him,i think one even gave up his season ticket and refused to go whilst bfs was there,he has been proved right.all in all its a sad night for english football and proves why rovers fans will not get the help of the fa or pl.

Amazed

1) at Sam's stupiidity

2) he got the the job in the first place

The people at and around the FA whose interests include blocking the Blackburn investigation at every opportunity must have been horrified to have seen Sam appointed England manager. Well, he is no longer the England manager.

Nobody's talking about jailing him, so court is irrelevant. Do you think he'll be setting up a legal team to claim for unfair dismissal?

Right, so what matters in law doesn't matter in the court of popular opinion.

Do we not all live in hope of a similar entrapment closer to home yielding a similar result?

Stuart, I'm sure you would join me and several thousand others in saying Bravo then!

Nope. I have no hope that the media will get involved with us. It's probably some legal ruling that is keeping what has happened out of the public domain. Where is the 'publish and be damned attitude' where an entire football club, one of the founders of the game itself, is being ripped apart? Oh, that's right, they are all checking with their legal teams and shaking their heads.

Meanwhile Allardyce is out of a job because of a completely artificial incident. If they had stuck a camera on a wall and observed a deal they had nothing to do with, that's one thing - still illegal and I don't agree with the methods - but they set him up. Can't agree with that.

Archived