BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam

J*B

Interesting quotes in the telegraph today about other managers. I'm just hoping Kean's name comes out in it all.

If anyone with half a brain had a look at some of the strange activity at our club, it would be very easy to spot, that we had the odd crook or two amongst us, allegedly.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, so what matters in law doesn't matter in the court of popular opinion.

Nope. I have no hope that the media will get involved with us. It's probably some legal ruling that is keeping what has happened out of the public domain. Where is the 'publish and be damned attitude' where an entire football club, one of the founders of the game itself, is being ripped apart? Oh, that's right, they are all checking with their legal teams and shaking their heads.

Meanwhile Allardyce is out of a job because of a completely artificial incident. If they had stuck a camera on a wall and observed a deal they had nothing to do with, that's one thing - still illegal and I don't agree with the methods - but they set him up. Can't agree with that.

It's completely irrelevant whether it was a "sting" or not unfortunately Stuart. The relevant thing is Sam's intention and he was quite prepared to accept payment for advising people on how to bend his employers' own regulations.

Someone made the point on the radio today that the results of the sting should have been so boring it was unbelievable and that the only "bombshell" they should have got should have been that he couldn't decide whether or not to play Cahill ahead of Smalling at centre half or something like that.

Sam thought the meetings were genuine and that he would get away with them. The fact they weren't is neither here nor there.

Sam gone. That's done. BUT the Telerag have sat on this for 3 months. Why didn't they release this during the recruitment process thus save everyone time, bother, embarrassment and great financial expense? (namely the FA)

It's a ten month long investigation into corruption within the game generally but I understood the meetings with Sam occurred about a month after he took the England job. I'm happy to be corrected if that's not the case.

What the FA need is someone squeaky clean, a man who has no skeletons in the cupboard, I man with morals so high you could drive a bus under them, a man who can be the new face of a clean FA, a man with a damn fit daughter-in-law; arise Sir Arry of Redknapp your time cometh.

It's a ten month long investigation into corruption within the game generally but I understood the meetings with Sam occurred about a month after he took the England job. I'm happy to be corrected if that's not the case.

I thought it was prior to his england job as I am sure I read a quote from the FA saying this happened before they recruited him. I stand to be corrected too

You are right. I misread this quote whilst reading quickly at work yesterday. I read it as this happened before he was England manager :blush:

"Sam was recruited in the right way, all the things that came out happened after he joined us so we could not have found them in due diligence."

• Backroom

You can't entrap someone who isn't bent.

No one twisted his arm to get him to say those things

I think this is the bottom line. The Telegraph may have given him a platform, but he was the one who supplied the rope necessary for hanging. Nobody but himself to blame. You don't have to commit a criminal act to be sacked, and such is the case here.

I'm almost certain the next appointment will be a downgrade, and that is a shame for all of us.

He has given an interview outside his Bolton home and for the first time ever I detected lots of emotion in his voice but he did confirm he has signed a confidentiality agreement.

His greed has got the better of him and he has paid a very heavy price.

All the FA preside over is an embarrassment of riches and a relative unregulated feeding frenzy for those lucky (or bent) enough to have their noses in the trough.

Until there is some form of external audit function as opposed to self regulation, the stench will only get worse and our national game deteriorate further to the benefit of crooks and charlatans, as we as supporters of BRFC know only too well.

I've no sympathy for Allardyce whatsoever, he's stupidly just confirmed what many already suspected, idiot. I just hope his demise is the catalyst that brings all the other buggers to book and we can start afresh.

Correct. All Allardyce had to say was, no thanks I have got the job I always wanted, don't need the money.

He caught the smell of a little extra on the side (which is obviously the norm) which would have meant helping some one to break the rules.

Aiding and abbeting is still an offence in law.

I hope he spills the beans on what actually goes on in football (he won't though because he will get paid not to) he probably won't be a football manager again.

That is one of the reasons why the football authorities will not properly investigate the Rovers case, we need people like the Telegraph to keep digging.

Allaryce's admission that he has signed a NDA shows why we will never know what has gone on at Ewood. No doubt he signed one when he was sacked here, along with loads of others including officials and players who know the truth and can name names but whose own greed for a good pay off keeps their mouths shut too. Hypocrites the lot of them.

The Telegraph didn't just pick on Allardyce out of the blue, they went after him because its been alleged many times over the years that he's crooked.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1387883/FA-probe-50k-bung-Gael-Givets-Blackburn-move.html

He's played his part in allowing agents to get a bigger foothold in football and clubs, and is probably one of the reasons why agencies like SEM considered themselves untouchable for years, they had the backing of managers, chairmen and players and we at Blackburn Rovers have been destroyed by these parasites.

I hope he's opened his big mouth wide enough to bring the rest of his mates down with him, and one not so friendly acquaintance currently residing in Brunei.

Allaryce's admission that he has signed a NDA shows why we will never know what has gone on at Ewood. No doubt he signed one when he was sacked here, along with loads of others including officials and players who know the truth and can name names but whose own greed for a good pay off keeps their mouths shut too. Hypocrites the lot of them.

Stinks to high heaven doesn't it.

An NDA for what ? and who with ?

The police should start sniffing around at that little gem he came out with.

• Moderation Lead

I think anyone hoping this will lead to the house of cards toppling will end up disappointed. Allardyce has signed an NDA and if The Telegraph REALLY wanted to crack corruption, they probably could target other people within the game, but like with The FA and Rovers (allegedly), there's no real appetite for it IMO.

Archived