BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam

J*B

The media will be content with Allardyce as the high profile victim of this. The FA will claim they've done their bit by getting rid of him and will follow that up by appointing a yes man like Southgate to ensure there is no repeat. They will put this down to a localised incident with all the blame heaped on Allardyce's shoulders rather than a root and branch investigation into widespread corruption in English football.

On we go to the next 4-5 year cycle until another journalist catches another manager out red handed. The FA will do F A about it because the only thing they are bothered about is protecting their 'image' and 'integrity' rather than ridding the game of the parasites.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Telegraph didn't just pick on Allardyce out of the blue, they went after him because its been alleged many times over the years that he's crooked.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1387883/FA-probe-50k-bung-Gael-Givets-Blackburn-move.html

He's played his part in allowing agents to get a bigger foothold in football and clubs, and is probably one of the reasons why agencies like SEM considered themselves untouchable for years, they had the backing of managers, chairmen and players and we at Blackburn Rovers have been destroyed by these parasites.

I hope he's opened his big mouth wide enough to bring the rest of his mates down with him, and one not so friendly acquaintance currently residing in Brunei.

A high ranking official at a Premier League club has brought this to the Telegraph's attention and pointed them in the right direction. I would hazard a guess that they went to the authorities and were given a short shrift, so decided this was the only option left.

Stinks to high heaven doesn't it.

An NDA for what ? and who with ?

The police should start sniffing around at that little gem he came out with.

Just once I wish I was minted because I'd spend as much money as it takes to expose these crooked swines, managers, the FA whoever.

I have no doubt he's signed a NDA to secure payment of wages for a set period of time, he's an absolute disgrace, greedy *******.

A high ranking official at a Premier League club has brought this to the Telegraph's attention and pointed them in the right direction. I would hazard a guess that they went to the authorities and were given a short shrift, so decided this was the only option left.

All credit to the Telegraph, lets hope this goes much further than one greedy swine.

This could well do more for our cause than we currently realize, I can hear the paper shredder going from here.

Suppose it is and technically he hasn't done anything illegal but I'm struggling to see any difference between this and if he had been taped at a genuine meeting say.

This fake meeting was manned by people trying their damnest to get someone to say certain things that suit their agenda.

After 10 months of trying, quelle surprise, they succeeded.

We will never know how he would have behaved in a 'genuine meeting'.

Interesting to hear that football's good guys (aka agents) are trying to expose managers as being dirty. Now, which group of people give to football and which only take? And which group, as we know only too well, have the media in their pocket?

What Sam did was daft to allow him and his ego to get dragged into this - almost certainly through bravado - should have been tomorrow's chip paper. Instead he's lost the best job he ever had.

Good grief. I really do fear for this country. Sampathisers out in force.

He's an arrogant and conceited man with no shame and no remorse other than he got caught.

Sampathisers? Some good debate in this thread without bringing it down to the classroom.

Suiting you down to the ground Sams sacking, as it is all those who celebrated Kean's arrival. His sacking doesnt change the fact you were clueless when he was our manager now does it?

Sampathiser - Keanites!!!.

Im nearly 50 pal. Behave please.

He has given an interview outside his Bolton home and for the first time ever I detected lots of emotion in his voice but he did confirm he has signed a confidentiality agreement.

His greed has got the better of him and he has paid a very heavy price.

He definitely had a quiver in his voice. I wish I could say I feel sorry for him, but I don't.

This fake meeting was manned by people trying their damnest to get someone to say certain things that suit their agenda.

After 10 months of trying, quelle surprise, they succeeded.

We will never know how he would have behaved in a 'genuine meeting'.

Interesting to hear that football's good guys (aka agents) are trying to expose managers as being dirty. Now, which group of people give to football and which only take? And which group, as we know only too well, have the media in their pocket?

What Sam did was daft to allow him and his ego to get dragged into this - almost certainly through bravado - should have been tomorrow's chip paper. Instead he's lost the best job he ever had.

Whether it was a fake meeting or not Allardyce should have the commonsense to realise it was a meeting he should not have been at. Once he realised the proposals he should have suggested a proper business meeting in appropriate surroundings.

One only has to look at the location to know this was fishy in more than one way. If he'd behaved properly he most probably would have sussed it unless greed got the better of him come whatever.

Ultimately he was as RB posted earlier a silly man and he got caught.

So does his cheating , corruption etc not shatter the legacy of a top manager ?

Did you celebrate Ben Johnsons speed or lance armstrongs tour wins ?

Which is worse ? Drug cheats or fraudulent cheats ?

Do you celebrate venkys dodgy dealings ?

He was never a top manager, top managers win things, but this isn't about his managerial capabilities, its about what him and his ilk have done to English football and indirectly to our football club.

I hope he's really suffering today, I hope he suffers for years to come, because we've been suffering for 6yrs since that rat of an agent got involved with our football club and its him and his mates actions that have empowered spivs like that.

because we've been suffering for 6yrs since that rat of an agent got involved with our football club and its him and his mates actions that have empowered spivs like that.

This is it for me. Entrapment or not Allardyce has been shown to be influenced by money and would take an opportunity to exploit his position for financial gain by potentially circumnavigating the rules.

If football was run by honest people in a straightforward manner there would be no room for the people who have destroyed Rovers.

Money is the root of all evil.

Bet the atmosphere is chilly in house today!!

• Moderation Lead

The media will be content with Allardyce as the high profile victim of this. They will put this down to a localised incident with all the blame heaped on Allardyce's shoulders rather than a root and branch investigation into widespread corruption in English football.

(Sorry to wipe out the rest of your post JHR, it was a very good one as always, this is the only bit I'm responding to, though).

I guarantee there won't be an investigation into the corruption in football. Allardyce will be the sacrificial lamb, then like us, this will all be swept under the carpet while the money men continue to run things and get richer unethically. We all know it's complete @#/? and bull dung that our governing bodies have sold their souls (long since) for money instead of 141 year old institutions (i.e. Us) which incidentally have been conduits for this ill-gotten wealth. It's absolutely sickening.

Ultimately, (and I suspect I'm not alone here either), all I've ever cared about is turning up at Ewood every other Saturday, catching a glimpse of the hallowed turf, having a laugh with my pals and watching 22 men run themselves into the ground for the badge. I don't care about what daft haircut Paul Pogba has, what car Wayne Rooney has just purchased, what some young goon with a crap haircut, poor taste and a semblance of footballing talent posted on Snapchat, who's smoking 'hippy crack' (by the way, nobody has ever called it that apart from the press!).

The above has become the awful sideshow of football, it's all the pantomime rubbish that is serialised all over the news on a daily basis. Like the Kardashian/Jenner clan, it's unavoidable.

Anyhow, I'm ranting, sorry everyone!

(Sorry to wipe out the rest of your post JHR, it was a very good one as always, this is the only bit I'm responding to, though).

I guarantee there won't be an investigation into the corruption in football. Allardyce will be the sacrificial lamb, then like us, this will all be swept under the carpet while the money men continue to run things and get richer unethically. We all know it's complete @#/? and bull dung that our governing bodies have sold their souls (long since) for money instead of 141 year old institutions which incidentally have been conduits for this ill-gotten wealth. It's absolutely sickening.

Ultimately, (and I suspect I'm not alone here either), all I've ever cared about is turning up at Ewood every other Saturday, catching a glimpse of the hallowed turf, having a laugh with my pals and watching 22 men run themselves into the ground for the badge. I don't care about what daft haircut Paul Pogba has, what car Wayne Rooney has just purchased, what some young goon with a crap haircut, poor taste and a semblance of footballing talent posted on Snapchat, who's smoking 'hippy crack' (by the way, nobody has ever called it that apart from the press!).

The above has become the awful sideshow of football, it's all the pantomime rubbish that is serialised all over the news on a daily basis. Like the Kardashian/Jenner clan, it's unavoidable.

Anyhow, I'm ranting, sorry everyone!

Great post and certainly no need to apologise. I used to consider the old third division team that played at Ewood in the seventies to be my heroes. I once ran on the pitch at the end of a match with around 200 other supports and patted Tony Parkes on the back. Told all my mates at school about it, until they were sick of hearing about it. I also once managed an appearance at Ewood in the local league cup final in the eighties and will cherish the memory forever! . All great memories, but football is beginning to sicken me.

So does his cheating , corruption etc not shatter the legacy of a top manager ?

Did you celebrate Ben Johnsons speed or lance armstrongs tour wins ?

Which is worse ? Drug cheats or fraudulent cheats ?

Do you celebrate venkys dodgy dealings ?

Exactly. This is all about his non-managerial worth. I suspected he was iffy off the field before he did a good job at Ewood.

Problem here is that certain fans put Sam on a pedestal after the debacle with Kean/Venky's. Now it's been proven that he's no better than the rest of 'em, they can't accept it.

Sam Allardyce may like money as much as "the rest of them", but he is at least competent at being a football manager. And that puts him light years ahead.

Archived