BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam

J*B

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep most of them are at it and when Souey was here if he circumnavigated the rules a bit to get some quality in and had a drink out of it no one gives a damn really. Same with Hughes, same with Sam.

Then we come to the others who just exist in the game to line their own pockets and those of others and I'm sure there is a good few. Still if you threw out all the good managers in the top 2 divs and just left the ones who could actually do a job there'd be about 40 gafferless teams knocking about.

hy does he get 1 million pay out, when he has done the things he has done

SSSHHHH !!!

Would he be "competent " without corruption and cheating .

That's kind of a generic accusation there, Abbey. Are you say he cheated during matches (which I've never heard)? Or is it his off the field activities you are defining as cheating?

I think the article hurt the FA and Sam. And yes, he was being stupid. But nothing he said within the article was cheating. It was applying the rules as written to get to a result. You might not like the result, but then change or add to the rules.

That's kind of a generic accusation there, Abbey. Are you say he cheated during matches (which I've never heard)? Or is it his off the field activities you are defining as cheating?

I think the article hurt the FA and Sam. And yes, he was being stupid. But nothing he said within the article was cheating. It was applying the rules as written to get to a result. You might not like the result, but then change or add to the rules.

He was showing intent to aid and abbet to get around the rules of his employer, rules that forbid 3rd party ownership,

he got caught, bang to rights

Would he be "competent " without corruption and cheating . ALLEGEDLY

CHANGED

So alleged bungs & finding ways round rules isn't cheating?

?

do you think kean n Anderson are innocent too?

It needs to be a House of Commons level investigation - people are jumping on this the wrong way (Greg Dyke a prime example) and concentrating on this 400k...

Big Sam is the tip of the iceberg IMO. This needs opening up. Hopefully a few media outlets will do similar things, whilst I agree it's entrapment - it could be used to bring the whole house of cards down instead of concentrating on putting the boot to this greedy idiot. Doesn't make him a poor football manager though, despite what a few say.

I'dve thought ALL Blackburn Rovers fans would've agreed that the big picture here is wider corruption in football, considering what we've seen first hand.

It needs to be a House of Commons level investigation - people are jumping on this the wrong way (Greg Dyke a prime example) and concentrating on this 400k...

Big Sam is the tip of the iceberg IMO. This needs opening up. Hopefully a few media outlets will do similar things, whilst I agree it's entrapment - it could be used to bring the whole house of cards down instead of concentrating on putting the boot to this greedy idiot. Doesn't make him a poor football manager though, despite what a few say.

I'dve thought ALL Blackburn Rovers fans would've agreed that the big picture here is wider corruption in football, considering what we've seen first hand.

I agree with all except the entrapment, it is obviously a culture of taking bungs in football, I would suggest entrapment is a description for making someone do something not the norm, Allardyce positively relished at the opportunity to make money in helping to circumvent the rules.

I think Lineker is right as well about the Police being involved, NDA for what ? covering up illegal activity, the people who insisted on the NDA should be prosecuted for concealing the truth.

Whether it was a fake meeting or not Allardyce should have the commonsense to realise it was a meeting he should not have been at. Once he realised the proposals he should have suggested a proper business meeting in appropriate surroundings.

One only has to look at the location to know this was fishy in more than one way. If he'd behaved properly he most probably would have sussed it unless greed got the better of him come whatever.

Ultimately he was as RB posted earlier a silly man and he got caught.

He's done nothing illegal and has suffered due to his ego.

Silly, yes. Justification for a 10 month calculated 'hate campaign' by the Daily Telegraph? Hardly. England better off? Nope.

Kean, Venkys, agents, happy? (The real scourge of football). Absolutely delighted.

Who is the winner here? Truth, integrity and justice? No. No crime has been committed. There are no winners, and from a manufactured event whose sole purpose is to sell newspapers.

I appreciate I'm in a minority and plenty on here are also delighted, simply because they hate Allardyce.

The NDA is a spit in the face- but it will be new to many England fans but something we've seen happen time after time.

Recruiting some of the con men could be starting point for real investigation. The main thing we need is complete transparency and cooperation from the FA and league bodies.

It won't happen wth NDAs, deregulated agents and spiralling tv money.

He's done nothing illegal and has suffered due to his ego.

Silly, yes. Justification for a 10 month calculated 'hate campaign' by the Daily Telegraph? Hardly. England better off? Nope.

Kean, Venkys, agents, happy? (The real scourge of football). Absolutely delighted.

Who is the winner here? Truth, integrity and justice? No. No crime has been committed. There are no winners, and from a manufactured event whose sole purpose is to sell newspapers.

I appreciate I'm in a minority and plenty on here are also delighted, simply because they hate Allardyce.

Hence why we need more covert tactics but for exposing the truth, not selling papers.

If the game won't fix itself etc.

I'm sure the scrote from Brunei will pop up somewhere in the press soon with a smarmy comment or two. Daily Record probably.

Did you miss the most recent lies? Other day? He "sold" Hoilett? I'm not linking it, but it's some crap about playing* the cards dealt. I truly despise that man.

Stuart, the target of this investigation wasn't Allardyce although I dare say the meetings with him wouldn't have been set up without the investigators receiving some sort of tip off that the new England manager probably wouldn't be averse to some morally questionable activities.

I'm sure you'd be absolutely cock a hoop if a "sting" uncovered someone advising Venky's to be bending the rules. You're only upset because it's Sam and he did so well for us here.

An NDA agreement is basically is an amount of money paid to ensure that the recipient does not discuss/admit to, something that the payer, does not want to be common knowledge. If that isn't a cover for some dodgy goings on what is? No doubt the FA still want the football supporting public to keep on supporting the team and paying the coin.

The big picture is that all this money that is leaving the English game is ruining grass roots football. That's football for all ages and abilities. Imagine what pitches, clubhouses and facilities that could be built and secured with all this siphoned off money. People like Allardyce are enemies of 'The Beautiful Game'.

Linekers absolutely, right but I doubt the powers that be will go down quietly, hence the NDA and the rumored £1m payout Allardyce got for going quietly, that makes me absolutely sick to the stomach, a payout for what? rotten to the core.

Allardyces agent has gone public and said he advised him not to attend the second meeting at Wings in Manchester, yet Allardyce said he went along to help the agent out, neither can lie straight in bed, I hope they both rot.

Why the hell is it down to journalists to investigate these long standing allegations? well we all know why, old boys network with money going in all directions.

Allardyce says entrapment has won, no you arrogant swine, common decency and the truth has won.

Got to take into consideration the national manager is like a part time job so he was probably likely just looking around for something else to do. Bad choice but if he'd retired he'd be doing it anyway and would the spotlight have been on him then ?

Tony Blairs fault he set the example by getting away with governments version of this kind of stuff :blink:

Exactly Gav.

Nobody's going to pull the emergency cord on the gravy train.

The way the FA are allowed to buy his silence is a national disgrace, they've sacked the England coach and secured his silence with a 7 figure payout, thats even more corrupt than the man himself.

Archived