BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam

J*B

I'll explain it to you once again because you're struggling:

We as a nation can't be claiming to be 'holier than thou' when we lead the way perusing the likes of Sep Blatter and FIFA, and then have the current England manager caught on camera explaining how to break player transfer rules, split the agents cut from transfer fees and do nothing.

No Gav, once again, you are struggling...struggling with opinions that differ from your own.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is our enemies are the FA's friends so the cover up will continue. Also imo don't think it's much of a coincidence what happened in Zurich with the authorities and V's virtually disappearing from any contact with Rovers around the same time. Factor in SEM / Kentaro getting wound up as well.

Too many links for there not to be a trail leading to the same doors in some way. One day the whole house of cards will collapse.

Agree with you up to a point. They will try to cover up but this time the Telegraph have lit the blue touch paper and it will not go out. They have a vested interest as they have papers to sell. I think Glen will be onto this with considerable interest and we can only encourage him.

• Backroom

The truth is, irrespective of illegalities, Allardyce can have no complaints if he is sacked. He has slagged off his employers, the players he's managing and his predecessors to a group of total strangers. He's also advised on how to break rules that his employers have put in place. That conduct is unacceptable and cannot be defended.

It's incredible that he would be so stupid, and hard to rationalise given how badly he wanted the England job. If he does stay on he will have one hell of a task on his hands to restore respect from his team, employers and fans.

• Moderation Lead

The Sampathisers are out in full force.

So are the 'haters' as you might say. Desperate for Allardyce to be sacked. A bit sad, really. I expect the 'haters' will get their wish, just as they did in 2010.

He's obviously not covered himself in glory here, but, Christ, people's prejudices are shining through clear as day. Is anyone really shocked about his revelations, given what we talk about on here on a daily basis relating to agents? That's the funniest thing about this whole episode, for me. We've all known for a long time that football is awash with money, corruption and greed, Allardyce has just come out and said it.

If Allardyce was still at Sunderland, this probably would have been brushed off by now.

Still, it's a lovely day outside, there are bigger things in the world to be worrying about.

The spelling and punctuation police will be too.

And anyone saying this to a certain banned poster would be accused of bullying

So are the 'haters' as you might say. Desperate for Allardyce to be sacked. A bit sad, really. I expect the 'haters' will get their wish, just as they did in 2010.

He's obviously not covered himself in glory here, but, Christ, people's prejudices are shining through clear as day. Is anyone really shocked about his revelations, given what we talk about on here on a daily basis relating to agents? That's the funniest thing about this whole episode, for me. We've all known for a long time that football is awash with money, corruption and greed, Allardyce has just come out and said it.

If Allardyce was still at Sunderland, this probably would have been brushed off by now.

Still, it's a lovely day outside, there are bigger things in the world to be worrying about.

I aint desperate at all , what will be will be . He is out of his depth and a greedy human being .

I saw what you did there......;)

Pedro didnt

I'll explain it to you once again because you're struggling:

We as a nation can't be claiming to be 'holier than thou' when we lead the way perusing the likes of Sep Blatter and FIFA, and then have the current England manager caught on camera explaining how to break player transfer rules, split the agents cut from transfer fees and do nothing.

Exactly this. The FA were among the main protagonists in the whole FIFA corruption investigation, so have to be seen to be squeaky clean or at least have a zero tolerance policy - so given all that this incident will probably (and justly) result in Sam's dismissal.

If he was still at Sunderland, maybe it would have. But he's not - he's now England manager and a figurehead of the FA - so should know and behave better. He's been a greedy barsteward, put personal gain ahead of his and the national team's reputation so has to be made an example of - and in all likelihood will be.

Just seen this. It could be a good day.

The FA’s former communications director Julian Eccles has spoken to the BBC about a potential way forward for Allardyce, involving naming names of those who the England manager says are navigating rules related to third-party ownership of players …

We cannot have such a senior figure in our game being so disrespectful of such important rules and also having his head turned by the prospect of earning extra money by an outside commercial organisation.

“The only way he can survive is if he apologises profusely for this, secondly that he declares himself to be absolutely devoted, single-mindedly, to England’s qualification for the World Cup – and does not take any outside commercial interests. And thirdly, that he provides evidence to the FA of these agents who he says are still indulging in this malpractice.

You never offered an opinion Pedro, have a read back.

Are you being serious, wumming or on the sauce Gav? So...I've not had an opinion on this 😂😂😂. I must be imagining stating that I don't see the big deal with it, that I don't think there is any damning evidence presented so far, that I don't think it's fair to call him corrupt, and that I am dismayed at how the media like to throw spanners in the works.

Other than that, I suppose you are right.

Just seen this. It could be a good day.

The FAs former communications director Julian Eccles has spoken to the BBC about a potential way forward for Allardyce, involving naming names of those who the England manager says are navigating rules related to third-party ownership of players

We cannot have such a senior figure in our game being so disrespectful of such important rules and also having his head turned by the prospect of earning extra money by an outside commercial organisation.

The only way he can survive is if he apologises profusely for this, secondly that he declares himself to be absolutely devoted, single-mindedly, to Englands qualification for the World Cup and does not take any outside commercial interests. And thirdly, that he provides evidence to the FA of these agents who he says are still indulging in this malpractice.

Sacking Sam won't clean up the problem. Make him name these agents who ignore the rules. Go after them, ban them, whatever.

If its going on and he's caught on camera saying it out loud then the problem is still with those indulging.

We want our sport cleaning up.

Thats a really poor retort K-Hod, you can do better than that surely?

Allardyce has been called out for being greedy and underhanded, not because anyone on here hates him, you need to understand the difference.

Are you being serious, wumming or on the sauce Gav? So...I've not had an opinion on this . I must be imagining stating that I don't see the big deal with it, that I don't think there is any damning evidence presented so far, that I don't think it's fair to call him corrupt, and that I am dismayed at how the media like to throw spanners in the works.

Other than that, I suppose you are right.

You're a numpty, lets move on.

Thats a really poor retort K-Hod, you can do better than that surely?

Allardyce has been called out for being greedy and underhanded, not because anyone on here hates him, you need to understand the difference.

You're a numpty, lets move on.

As I'm very unsure of your mental health status (going off so many of your odd or in denial responses), I was being overly kind to you - still am and always will. Name calling and mudslinging just isn't great, it lacks class - especially as you are an adult. It is very sad to see Gav, you (and the obvious other) ruin many a debate on here and unfortunately make this site, not such a great place.

Was it you that said there are only 15 or so regular posters on here?

Ever wondered why???

Do a Google search.

Agree with you up to a point. They will try to cover up but this time the Telegraph have lit the blue touch paper and it will not go out. They have a vested interest as they have papers to sell. I think Glen will be onto this with considerable interest and we can only encourage him.

How will the Telegraph react to injunctions I wonder ? Also will Big Sam turn grass ? Can't see it myself it might be easier for him to fall on his sword especially if the pay off is good enough from a desperate FA.

Still you never know, something has to give one day but whilst agents run the game the way they do right under the FA's nose it'll be difficult for anything to change.

Ah right, my mistake. It must have been a different Gav that said 'he's out of his depth anyway, sack him'....

You cherry pick all you like, this about his credibility, not his managerial capabilities.

Calling people haters for commenting is poor in my opinion, you're better than that.

• Moderation Lead

You cherry pick all you like, this about his credibility, not his managerial capabilities.

Calling people haters for commenting is poor in my opinion, you're better than that.

Oh I agree, it is about his credibility, you can't seriously deny that you made it about your view of the man though? Even if I did 'cherry pick' what YOU wrote'!

As for the 'haters' thing, well, that was a tongue in cheek response to Abbey, as he used to use that term to describe people with differing views on a former striker of ours as I recall....

Oh I agree, it is about his credibility, you can't seriously deny that you made it about your view of the man though? Even if I did 'cherry pick' what YOU wrote'!

No not at all, I did say that on the back of some substance regarding the current situation.

Lynch mob in full force. Wouldn't know a good football manager if he fell on there lap!

*their lap.

Bigger picture is that this could expose the FA's hypocrisy, especially if they investigate his claims in full...which they didn't with our club re 3rd party ownership. It will hopefully broaden out and incriminate other agents etc. I genuinly couldn't give a toss if he's our ex-manager, or what i thought about him at the time, or whether he keeps his job or not.

Playing the 'lynch-mob' card is very small-minded and just shows how petty and long-lasting the feuds are on this board.

One thing is for certain - this will be one of the biggest cover up of all times.

The agents named will get off without any problem, as will the agent who set it up.

As for whether Sam continues this'll be decided not on how good a football manager he is, nor whether he has done anything wrong, but on which way things will be best kept quiet...

Archived