BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam

J*B

I'm assuming WAR or anybody is making sure the Telegraph has all we know about Venkys, Kentaro etc, if they haven't got it already?

It would be a tragedy if they ran a serial on corruption in British football and we didn't get a look-in.

The BRFCAG have spoken to Telegraph and are awaiting a return call, we have and continue to be pro active on such fronts.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

He has to be sacked I think.

No matter if it's illegal or not he's been caught out undermining his new employers for a quick buck after landing his dream job.

Credibility is shot

Allardyce will always have a cloud of suspicion over him from his time with Bolton when the Panorama programme strongly inferred that him, his son Craig, Gartside and Simon Marland had accepted payment from agents of foreign players they signed. His previous has made him a target I believe. What I find really surprising is that he allowed himself, his agent and financial advisor to be duped by this particular sting. The FA will come under massive pressure from the media to take decisive action. I'm certain Allardyce will have a few sleepless nights between now and then.

On it like a bonet, I have made contact with the Telegraph this morning regarding meeting up with them to share my findings which I have either already covered in my blog, or intend to cover in the coming weeks.

Will keep you posted

Good stuff Glen. Keep turning that screw.

• Moderation Lead

Oh dear, Big Sam!! To be honest, I always felt like he might have been susceptible to a bung or two.....

Not that this makes it right, but I'll bet he isn't the only one on the take, most managers will be at it I'd suggest. Harry Redknapp and Ian Holloway being two of the most obvious ones in recent years.

Sam has questions to answer here, He's offering to give advice to 'businessmen' on how to circumvent his employer's anti-corruption, 3rd party rules!! I'm amazed that some see nothing wrong here!! He's even given an example of a players he's bought that was 3rd party owned, and then a list of countries where it is easily done.

'Allardyce, 61, told his prospective employers it was not a problem to dodge the ridiculous (3rd party) rules'

Its not a problem we got Valencia in. He was third party owned when we bought him from Mexico"

But it clearly states that the "getting around the third party rules" is by ensuring that you remove any third party ownership to abide by the rules. That's groundbreaking and shocking??

This is not something we like in the UK. Something may be legal according to the relevant rules but this doesn't make it right. Depends how one likes to lead life.

This is something our newspapers and media outlets tend to promote whilst much larger and pertinent issues go unpunished - like massive banking/economy scams, decades long deep-seated paedophile rings concerning people of power, falsified or missing evidence etc.

...but Jimmy Carr wangled his tax legally, get it on the front page quick. It's immoral.

Allardyce will always have a cloud of suspicion over him from his time with Bolton when the Panorama programme strongly inferred that him, his son Craig, Gartside and Simon Marland had accepted payment from agents of foreign players they signed. His previous has made him a target I believe. What I find really surprising is that he allowed himself, his agent and financial advisor to be duped by this particular sting. The FA will come under massive pressure from the media to take

decisive action. I'm certain Allardyce will have a few sleepless nights between now and then.

Simon not tom ? :P

But it clearly states that the "getting around the third party rules" is by ensuring that you remove any third party ownership to abide by the rules. That's groundbreaking and shocking??

The 'shock' comes from requesting a fee to advise on how to circumnavigate his own employer's rules. It's up to the FA to determine if he has or not.

The 'shock' comes from requesting a fee to advise on how to circumnavigate his own employer's rules.

No, he requested a reasonable fee to consult four times a year and fly out to Singapore and I've read somewhere he stated he needed to run it by his superiors.

Circumnavigating the rules (according to what has been revealed) is merely abiding by what is in place. As stings go, this is absolute tripe.

This is something our newspapers and media outlets tend to promote whilst much larger and pertinent issues go unpunished - like massive banking/economy scams, decades long deep-seated paedophile rings concerning people of power, falsified or missing evidence etc.

...but Jimmy Carr wangled his tax legally, get it on the front page quick. It's immoral.

Quite agree and understand exactly where you're coming from.

Yes, really. Typical over - hyped rubbish that sheeple immediately buy into. Depending on what else he had to say, It'll be worse for other people but I don't see the big deal re Sam.

Yes. I don't get swayed whether I like or dislike someone. What actual 'evidence' do you think is damning of Sam then? All I see is a couple of facts and mild opinions.

I wasn't necessarily talking about Sam in this topic, his input in this saga is minimal. I was talking about the 10 month investigation into bribery etc that is a big deal. I would be shocked if you didnt find this newsworthy

He was talking to people who were (pretending to be) interested in having third party ownership, not removing it.

I am aware of that. I see nothing quoted whatsoever that is incriminating. Just a load of paper tosh spinning a few opinions and facts. It sounds like a 10 month investigation that has resulted in two meals out, some football talk and an "I'll be in touch" ending.

I'm more interested if it transpires that he has named and shamed others for something criminal - that would be worth keeping an eye on...but apart from throwing a couple of people under a bus, nothing major will come of it.

You're ignoring the £400k arranged fee and the offer to fly to Singapore.

It's more like you saying 'i know where to get drugs and if you give me some money i'll get them'...whilst at the same time being employed by the Police.

There is nothing in the report that says £400k is to help them circumvent the rules. I think there are some pretty big leaps of faith being made here, the telegraph clearly have an objective with this piece. Also, if this is the ebst they can come up with in 10 months then they should be looking for new jobs, there are Rovers fans investigating corruption in their bedrooms who have found more.

There is nothing in the report that says £400k is to help them circumvent the rules. I think there are some pretty big leaps of faith being made here, the telegraph clearly have an objective with this piece. Also, if this is the ebst they can come up with in 10 months then they should be looking for new jobs, there are Rovers fans investigating corruption in their bedrooms who have found more.

Absolutely.

Fan of Big Sam and the work he did for us here, but this does not cast him in a favourable light, whichever way you look at it. The lasting greed in football! He already earns 60k per week, plus bonuses, must already be a millionaire many times over and is hardly struggling to buy his Sunday lunch.

Archived