BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam

J*B

Football is just a microcosm of society, full of dodgy dealers, people evading paying tax, backhanders, cash only deals to avoid VAT, smart ass accountants and lawyers, and spivs whose greed makes them tempted by making money anyway, anyhow. Morally, football and the country as a whole are on their backsides.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fan of Big Sam and the work he did for us here, but this does not cast him in a favourable light, whichever way you look at it. The lasting greed in football! He already earns 60k per week, plus bonuses, must already be a millionaire many times over and is hardly struggling to buy his Sunday lunch.

I don't want to litter the thread so I'll back off for a while after this but I keep reading people complaining about greed and stating that it is wrong because he already earns £3m a year. I feel this is very unfair.

Say this transpires that it is totally legal etc. (Which I personally believe it is) why is it a negative to earn good money for a few fancy trips? Yes football people are rich but why should they then pass up on increasing their children's inheritance or make exciting use of their free time? Generally speaking, if a manager wants to offer corporate speaking or professional advice for extra cash, they should have as much of a right as the players who sell themselves as product placement mules.

Fan of Big Sam and the work he did for us here, but this does not cast him in a favourable light, whichever way you look at it. The lasting greed in football! He already earns 60k per week, plus bonuses, must already be a millionaire many times over and is hardly struggling to buy his Sunday lunch.

This really, is it too much to ask just to do the one job, he can do all the talking and consultancy he wants when he is done with England. Nothing was really that bad in what he said but why put yourself in that position, what the heck does he need with another couple of hundred grand.

I don't want to litter the thread so I'll back off for a while after this but I keep reading people complaining about greed and stating that it is wrong because he already earns £3m a year. I feel this is very unfair.

Say this transpires that it is totally legal etc. (Which I personally believe it is) why is it a negative to earn good money for a few fancy trips? Yes football people are rich but why should they then pass up on increasing their children's inheritance or make exciting use of their free time? Generally speaking, if a manager wants to offer corporate speaking or professional advice for extra cash, they should have as much of a right as the players who sell themselves as product placement mules.

If it was all above board, allowed in his contract with the FA, didn't impact upon his duty as England manager and wasn't a conflict of interest then there's no problem at all in it. Ultimately its no different to Joe Hart earning money on the side making adverts with Head & Shoulders or Lallana making money advertising Gillette. Its extremely frustrating when millionaire footballers are failing with England at the Euros and then are appearing in silly tv commercials at half time, but that's their decision.

The question has to be whether Allardyce's activities are appropriate/acceptable as the England manager and what service he was offering to provide. Nothing at all wrong with him wanting to make some extra cash on the side, providing he's allowed to contractually and that it is befitting of the England manager to do it.

Nobody would be batting an eyelid if he was offering to lecture on coaching methods in China in his spare time, the big question is what he was agreeing to talk about and whether it is acceptable in his position.

I understand your point of view but this is clearly not a normal job he is paid 3 million for, no idea why the FA don't put something in his contract that states you cannot work for anyone else during employment. I think mine says that somewhere.

ok maybe not so bad after reading this

It is further alleged by the paper that a deal was struck with the England boss worth £400,000 for him to represent the company to Far East investors and to be a keynote speaker at events.

Allardyce tells the undercover reporters that any arrangement would have to be cleared by the FA.

Just what Anuradha said when she took a stake in t'Rovers; "We will lease players". There you go, from the cows mouth yet the FA will do FA about it. The deal was very clearly a way of extracting large sums of cash for those involved by transferring ownership of players.

Like a Shakespearean tragedy this one. Waits for years for the job he's always craved, believes time has passed him by,

Miracle---he gets it. Then by his own greed and stupidity it all slips through his fingers.

Casa St James it is then.

Like a Shakespearean tragedy this one. Waits for years for the job he's always craved, believes time has passed him by,

Miracle---he gets it. Then by his own greed and stupidity it all slips through his fingers.

Casa St James it is then.

Hahaha ..Ancient Greek, even!...But I will still be surprised if the FA do take a lead role in this tragedy...I expect a fudge....

Love how a select group of Rovers fans are rubbing their hands with glee at Allardyce potentially being in trouble. Probably the same ones who were happy he got potted and rolled out the 'Kean plays better football' garbage that some liked to peddle.

Love how a select group of Rovers fans are rubbing their hands with glee at Allardyce potentially being in trouble. Probably the same ones who were happy he got potted and rolled out the 'Kean plays better football' garbage that some liked to peddle.

There possibly are fans happy that Allardyce is potentially in big trouble, but perhaps there is another side to this too. If you look back at the Panorama programme and the accusations of wrong doing there, perhaps we inherited a manager without a clean bill of health. Let's say hypothetically that he was prone to taking the odd kick back, then who know what went on at our club? Another thing to mention is how quick he was to sue the idiot former manager of ours, for calling him a crook amongst other things. I am not suggesting that level of abuse, but he was having a real dig at Roy Hodgson and general making fun of him too.

He's been caught out on what he thought was a relaxing paid for chat and night out. There'll be all sorts of off the record stuff gets spoke about in football circles. He's been set up at the end of the day and had people ask him things he's then answered.

He should know better but we know he's always had ego issues and also there was something a bit off with Givets transfer was there not, something about 50 grand in a bag or something ? Similar rumours have followed Souness around.

The main thing about Sam is he's old school and that's part of the reason he's good at what he does on the pitch in a back to basics uncomplicated kind of way. That probably transfers itself to old way of doing things off the pitch as well at times. Best thing he could do is knock the sauce on the head it'll help keep his gob in check.

Summoned to Wembley for an urgent meeting apparently, I think we know how this will end....

Slapped wrist.

I've watched it and just dob't see anything sackable about what he has said. He just states facts. You can't 3rd party own but you can own an agent/agency and profit from player sales that way. That's common knowledge and what we suspect has been going on at Ewood.

Crazy how this nation and its media want the national teams and figureheads to fail. Currently we have Rooney getting torn to shreds, Allardyce being set up and Wiggins getting jabbed at for using asthma related medication.

Slapped wrist.

I've watched it and just dob't see anything sackable about what he has said. He just states facts. You can't 3rd party own but you can own an agent/agency and profit from player sales that way. That's common knowledge and what we suspect has been going on at Ewood.

Crazy how this nation and its media want the national teams and figureheads to fail. Currently we have Rooney getting torn to shreds, Allardyce being set up and Wiggins getting jabbed at for using asthma related medication.

We led the lynching of Blatter and his cronies, rightly so as well, its a disgrace whats been happening in that organisation for years.

So we can't defend corruption and cronyism in our game can we? a tad hypocritical wouldn't you say :rock:

Their was a good reason why Allardyce never sued the BBC, after all he was so quick off the mark suing king rat.

Read between the lines.

Get him sacked, he's out of his depth anyway.

Archived