BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Artist Required

I'm on the lookout for an artist who can draw and paint on an outside wall

We have had a wall donated, not far from Ewood which I don't want to disclose at this stage, but its perfect to have some fantastic wall art created, to deliver a permanent message, which can be seen by all.

Idea's include a painting of Jack Walker, holding the Raos necks in one hand, with a boxing glove on the other hand, with various slogans.

This is an idea, I really want to run with, and hope many will support this idea and help us find an artist who can produce the perfect wall art

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Get in touch with Ships and Giggles in Preston, as they regularly have fantastic murals spray-painted onto their side wall.

They may put you in touch with someone who can do it :)

We have had a wall donated, not far from Ewood which I don't want to disclose at this stage, but its perfect to have some fantastic wall art created, to deliver a permanent message, which can be seen by all.

Idea's include a painting of Jack Walker, holding the Raos necks in one hand, with a boxing glove on the other hand, with various slogans.

This is an idea, I really want to run with, and hope many will support this idea and help us find an artist who can produce the perfect wall art

Does anyone have the contacts or name for the guy who did the Dyche on down the road? I seem to remember he had a company that did this kind of thing. I'd love to see an image of Jack holding to trophy. That in itself is message enough, I think adding them lot from Pune may ruin what could be a long lasting tribute?

Great idea. There have been a few con artist's round Ewood in recent years, not sure they stretch to murals.

A huge picture of Jack with the Prem Trophy is the least his memory deserves. Don't ruin it with pictures of the Rao's.

A simple tag line: 'In loving memory. We will rise again'

Anyone got a number for Banksy?

All though it's something we'd all like to do it's not a good idea seeing their heads on a wall dangling, terrible publicity for that. Something along similar lines but a bit more subtle maybe :rover:

We need 2 walls, one to commemorate Jack etc and another to paint their mugs on under the headline club killers or similar.

awesome!!!!! Can we get one with a Rover kicking a chicken? or will that be considered cruelty to animals :)

All though it's something we'd all like to do it's not a good idea seeing their heads on a wall dangling, terrible publicity for that. Something along similar lines but a bit more subtle maybe :rover:

We need 2 walls, one to commemorate Jack etc and another to paint their mugs on under the headline club killers or similar.

they have left us dangling, hanging just waiting for us to disappear into obscurity. They have shamed this club and its fans, so its time to shame and destroy them in which ever means possible. We want Venkys out!!!

Yes, a juxtaposition of the club then and the state of the club now would be much more tasteful.

• Backroom

Personally,I would just have:

enough-is-enough-300x300.jpg

It's simple and effective and people will have already seen it on social media and know what it is.

Completely agree, with a blue&white halved background.

In terms of a piece of public art (even if it is on part of a private property) you'll also have to be very wary of the content.

I guess it would fall to the discretion of the council (also depending on if there were any complaints received for it), but you'd have to be sensitive in terms of the potential for jobsworths or dingles complaining about in on grounds of inciting racial hatred if any image of the Raos are used, and also for copyright infringement in terms of using the club crest etc (if not properly changed round as in the venkys out crest above). Not that I'm saying any of this would try to incite racial hatred or would be construed by most as intellectual property theft, just that I'm sure the club and the owners would definitely go down that route to silence the fans.

Could be worth asking a solicitor in vague terms just so you don't spend time and money planning and creating something only to be told to remove it or face court proceedings?

How in anyone's mind can hating venkyscum be racial ?

Jerome once suggested such a ridiculous scenario, so it was in someone's mind. Not that I think anyone took any notice other than Sky TV who let him say what he wanted about us, with no right to respond.

Does anyone have the contacts or name for the guy who did the Dyche on down the road? I seem to remember he had a company that did this kind of thing. I'd love to see an image of Jack holding to trophy. That in itself is message enough, I think adding them lot from Pune may ruin what could be a long lasting tribute?

Mr Paul Jones of Graffia, who works from his studio in Northbridge House, Elm Street,

might need a modicum of care that the guy is prepared to work to a set brief and that there isn't any latitude for a Burnley related wind-up to be incorporated into the mural. dont know him btw, just lifted the detail off a web search.

Personally,I would just have:

enough-is-enough-300x300.jpg

It's simple and effective and people will have already seen it on social media and know what it is.

part of me worries that the impression it gives is of surrender and submission. While the image is great and evocative in it's own way, it doesn't convey to me any sense of injustice or resistance and maybe that is the point to get across in this case, and given the canvass that is offered as a one-off?? also while the date 1875 resonates with us fans, the date of Venkys' arrival might be more to the point?? I'm loath to criticize the image because its way better than I could do, but hopefully the creator can see it as just honest feedback, and the wider community can consider what it is necessary to convey.

I'll get my tin hat..........

part of me worries that the impression it gives is of surrender and submission. While the image is great and evocative in it's own way, it doesn't convey to me any sense of injustice or resistance and maybe that is the point to get across in this case, and given the canvass that is offered as a one-off?? also while the date 1875 resonates with us fans, the date of Venkys' arrival might be more to the point?? I'm loath to criticize the image because its way better than I could do, but hopefully the creator can see it as just honest feedback, and the wider community can consider what it is necessary to convey.

I'll get my tin hat..........

I have to say I agree with you. It's a very clever image but doesn't get the blood pumping in the way that something like Glen suggested does.

This is about picking a fight, not expressing how we have wilted.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. How can people even suggest this sort of thing in Jack's image???

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

It's a thread aimed at gauging opinion and gathering ideas. I'm not sure what will or won't work. However I am sure we have many creative people within the supporter base which will come up with a good idea.

If this actually gets off the ground , some will like it, some will hate it, that's just the way humans operate.

Archived