BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Artist Required

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grafia has been in touch, going to have a meeting with him wednesday morning which gives us a day or two to look at some opening ideas.

I will try and gauge cost from him and a time line of how long it would take etc.

I do think the wall is in a prime location and really windex why we have not thought of this before as I'm sure the nationals and India press will have a feel day with it

Grafia has been in touch, going to have a meeting with him wednesday morning which gives us a day or two to look at some opening ideas.

I will try and gauge cost from him and a time line of how long it would take etc.

I do think the wall is in a prime location and really windex why we have not thought of this before as I'm sure the nationals and India press will have a feel day with it

Great stuff Glen.

• Backroom

'Made in Blackburn, destroyed in India' works well enough but needs something with it.

Fine line with Uncle Jack as his heart would break but we don't want to use his image poorly.

We also need to avoid using the club crest as the club would have grounds to get it removed then

'Made in Blackburn, destroyed in India' works well enough but needs something with it.

Fine line with Uncle Jack as his heart would break but we don't want to use his image poorly.

We also need to avoid using the club crest as the club would have grounds to get it removed then

Ok just a thought and may grab interest in India, image of ghandi, venky logo and something along the lines of, "in years gone by Ghandi won the hearts of Blackburn, in 2011 the Raos broke them. Restore our club, restore our faith, boycott Venkys......"

• Backroom

Ok just a thought and may grab interest in India, image of ghandi, venky logo and something along the lines of, "in years gone by Ghandi won the hearts of Blackburn, in 2011 the Raos broke them. Restore our club, restore our faith, boycott Venkys......"

Use 'our area' instead of 'Blackburn'. Don't want someone discrediting the whole thing just because Gandhi came to Darwen, not Blackburn.

Use 'our area' instead of 'Blackburn'. Don't want someone discrediting the whole thing just because Gandhi came to Darwen, not Blackburn.

Take the point!! The suggestion doesnt explicitly say he did go to Blackburn, just that he won the hearts of........i know Im being a pedant, but ant such message would have to have the word Blackburn, or Blackburn Rovers in it to resonate .

pS im not suggesting that Ghandi did win the hearts of locals either, but its more about getting a message to strike a chord, and to shame the Raos, the hook for the press would be to educate them that Ghandi did in fact go to Darwen, we're not anti Indian, just anti Venkys

Defensive reply over !!! I'll shut up now...........

• Moderation Lead

She's a mate of my sister's, so ordinarily I could probably have a word, but I believe she lives in Australia...

I think there is a Gandhi quote about the people of Darwen 80 years ago-something like "They treated me like one of their own"...I will try and find it..

Meanwhile, I am trying to think of a way to juxtapose it with the fantastic" Made in Blackburn, destroyed in India" logo.

Archived