BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Artist Required

I was recently in New York and was spending a Saturday in the museum of American Folk Art.

I was trying not to think about Rovers' match against Fulham when I suddenly saw this painting by an artist called Sam Doyle. I was reminded of the match and checked the score to find that Cairney had just scored in the last minute.

What a nightmare - take a look...

https://postimg.org/image/tlqxvxri3/

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he threatened the site with legal action over 'libel'.

Maybe his children were horrified by what was said. So much so the site had to take down the horrific criticism of him.

Maybe, just maybe.

I'd still like to know the thinking behind the removal of the posts. I didn't see anything particularly 'vitrioloc' in the posts (as suggested on twitter by he who can't be named in full) that were removed.

As posters we have a set of rules to abide by which is fair enough. As a matter of courtesy it would be nice if people who take the time to contribute to this site were informed when & why their posts are removed.

Could one of the admin/mods please explain? Sorry to go off topic.

This is either surreal or I'm getting it wrong...

Is Jim reading the thread then replying on twitter, then we are replying here?

Welcome to the surreal world 😁

• Backroom

This is either surreal or I'm getting it wrong...

Is Jim reading the thread then replying on twitter, then we are replying here?

It's very surreal! He could respond on here ofc, but then we'd have to remove the fallout from that too.

Or maybe we should stop giving it attention.

Just met with Graffia, he is going to join BRFCS to throw ideas about.

Really nice guy, who had lots of ideas .

He thinks if we move this quick there is a possibility that he can have this painted before the Wolves game

sorry to bang on about this, but I do like the Ghandi angle. The objective of the mural I guess is publicity, so there's little point in reproducing something we've already seen or that is such an 'in' joke or concept that no-one other than us 'get-it'. Just my opinion but I think the game is to get a wider media interest and for them to beg the question what lies behind all of this?, Hopefully as true in UK as for India and beyond. Gandhi might just prick the media's curiosity and any linkage or suggestion of Venkys smearing the reputation of Indians overseas is fair game from my point of view.

The other practical angle is that Gandhi is an easy caricature to actually depict, the images of the Raos may not be, and most won't anyway know what they look like [including most of the management and playing staff]. Embarrass the Raos in their own back yard gets my vote!

as a starter - here's an image and coincidentally with a decent list of his quotes -

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOJllEKBgd0H2MiyX23sL3REwG44AjQgptTh8-PR_nCHA3H5enzQ

perhaps a simple narrative alongside like "Gandhi showed Blackburn his dignity, the Raos are stripping Blackburn Rovers of theirs" Enough is Enough! Fight to rid Rovers of Venkys"

Just met with Graffia, he is going to join BRFCS to throw ideas about.

Really nice guy, who had lots of ideas .

He thinks if we move this quick there is a possibility that he can have this painted before the Wolves game

Hopefully this will get done. Some great ideas. Tasteful and Powerful.

Hi Grafia... Please identify yourself

Are you any good with motorway bridges?

I was recently in New York and was spending a Saturday in the museum of American Folk Art.

I was trying not to think about Rovers' match against Fulham when I suddenly saw this painting by an artist called Sam Doyle. I was reminded of the match and checked the score to find that Cairney had just scored in the last minute.

What a nightmare - take a look...

https://postimg.org/image/tlqxvxri3/

Wonderful post. Still laughing. It's Balagi.

• Backroom

UPDATE:

Please see below an email Glen has received from Grafia. What are people's opinions? I personally thought it'd be cheaper than that but the price is there to stay and we have as long as it takes to raise the cash.

Hi Glen, sorry I couldn't make it last night... Here's the costings I estimate for the Venkys/BRFC mural:

Materials: £100

Scaffold Platform Rental: £120

Design: £150

Labour: £750

Total: £1120

I require the design fee upfront to get the project started. If you would like to go ahead please let me know.

Many thanks

Paul

• Backroom

Not as much as I thought it would be tbh

Paul, could money from the fighting fund maybe help towards this or do you have that lined up for other ideas?

We are either doing it or we ain't.

If we are doing it then lets tell him to get cracking.

Suggest we could ask local businesses to donate materials and use of a scaffold tower so its only 900 quid.

Could be sorted whilst he's on with the design.

It all depends on how long the labour is forecast for? The design and materials aren't too much really (as imagine materials will include paint, solvents/cleaners etc), but I guess that part of the budget could be slightly reduced if the design was monochrome instead of full colour?

In the meantime if everyone is happy to proceed could always pay for the design and then fundraiser the rest...as long as the design is done it could be installed at any point in the near future, so would have some leeway, and could also use the design itself on social media to drum up interest, assuming that once paid for the design belongs to the protest movement (or in this case the fighting fund?) rather than the artist himself?

UPDATE:

Please see below an email Glen has received from Grafia. What are people's opinions? I personally thought it'd be cheaper than that but the price is there to stay and we have as long as it takes to raise the cash.

Hi Glen, sorry I couldn't make it last night... Here's the costings I estimate for the Venkys/BRFC mural:

Materials: £100

Scaffold Platform Rental: £120

Design: £150

Labour: £750

Total: £1120

I require the design fee upfront to get the project started. If you would like to go ahead please let me know.

Many thanks

Paul

sounds cheaper than actually having the side of the house painted with masonry paint! given that its a 'work of art' so to speak, sounds a decent price.

Archived