BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supporters Meeting @ Ewood Wmc Mon 7Th Nov.

Madon

• Backroom

The next open supporters meeting will be held at Ewood WMC on Monday 7th November at 7pm.

Everybody welcome to discuss where we go with protests after the success of the Wolves game.

Yep, vital to maintain the momentum after Saturday.

Interesting now that some were having cold feet and urging a postponement of Saturday's protest. It was predicted to be an embarassing flop.

Shows that sometimes you just have to have faith and do it.

Just to clear this up,

This is a follow up meeting to one previously held at Ewood WMC and is not an open floor meeting, like the one at King Georges Hall.

Many things were discussed at the last meeting, which do not solely consist of protest.

Everyone and anyone is welcome, its mainly for those who can spare time to get involved in various things which are currently happening and may happen further down the line.

Its also for those who are doing things like members of WAR, To share what they are doing to prevent duplication and us all looking like idiots.

Cannot be there...but would want to be there.

Can Paul,Matt or someone who took my email address please email me, so I can send some Ideas,Plans and views thru to the Convenor.

Need to act quietly now.

18/75 was just the start and should encourage us.

• Backroom

Cannot be there...but would want to be there.

Can Paul,Matt or someone who took my email address please email me, so I can send some Ideas,Plans and views thru to the Convenor.

Need to act quietly now.

18/75 was just the start and should encourage us.

Andy has all the emails but was having trouble sending them across to me. I'll get him to try again tonight if he doesn't mind. If you want to email me feel free on madon@sky.com

Thanks Matt....will do.

People may be different for Monday but the motivation is even stronger!

A database is really important, including the Rovers one that the Trust have.

If we show we are courteous but insistent(generally) we will come across better to the 'stay-aways' and the neutrals(oh and the Raos)

Mondays are difficult for me, but I understand you'll never be able to accommodate everyone's schedule.

I wonder if there could be a central mailbox to email ideas or queries for discussion? as those who cant attend would doubtless have valuable ideas and would like to feel included.

Yep, vital to maintain the momentum after Saturday.

Interesting now that some were having cold feet and urging a postponement of Saturday's protest. It was predicted to be an embarassing flop.

Shows that sometimes you just have to have faith and do it.

Never a flop. Sky cameras were all over it, and couldnt wait to get onto it which was great. :) have to keep the momentum going me thinks.

So as no-one's popped it on here, I'll be the one to raise my head above the parapet, then...

November 19th, when Rovers play Brentford at home, is the 6th anniversary of Venky’s takeover of BRFC. At a meeting of Rovers supporters last night, we decided we’d like to show our feelings regarding the six miserable years of their ownership by giving the Rao family an anniversary card – a red one. Just as with the televised game v. Wolves at the last home match, Rovers fans are invited to join a mass demonstration of our feelings on the 18th and 75th minutes of the Brentford match, not by leaving our seats but simply by holding a red card in the air. It won’t make Venky’s disappear in a puff of smoke and magically make everything better again but it keeps our club’s fate prominent. This is important at a time when many other teams’ supporters are bringing to the attention of the authorities the enormous consequences of poor ownership of football clubs. The action doesn’t need to be abusive or angry and means we can keep supporting the team throughout the match. I’d love it if you would join me in holding up something red on 18 and 75 x

Simple and something even those reluctant to protest last time can get on board with

They'll be finding problems with it somehow and someone holding up a red card will be classed offensive to those who wish to doze in their seats whilst they 'get behind the lads' like they do everyweek :lol:

They'll be finding problems with it somehow and someone holding up a red card will be classed offensive to those who wish to dose in their seats whilst they 'get behind the lads' like they do everyweek :lol:

yeah holding a card would prevent them generating that vociferous atmosphere Ewood is famed for ;)

They'll be finding problems with it somehow and someone holding up a red card will be classed offensive to those who wish to dose in their seats whilst they 'get behind the lads' like they do everyweek :lol:

What about the devastating impact it may have on the children? The violent, foam at the mouth protestors are a huge danger to the children of Blackburn wellbeing. I may abstain from attending the Brentford game because the last thing I want is a hooligan waving a red card in my sweet, innocent face.

Oh and it might put off our players.

Fools.

Archived