BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ewood To Deepdale Protest Walk

Ben-2000

Have to applaud anyone doing this. It's a tough one because it's not likely to attract a lot of people but there could be a real camaraderie born out of stuff like this.

Even these guys started somewhere...

Charlton-fans-gatecrash-owners-birthday-

12 miles is a very long way for a lot of people. Just before the last mile you have a hill to climb from W-le-D into Preston.

The County pub at the corner of Ribbleton Lane and Deepdale Road was long since demolished.

In W-le-Dale there are three pubs; The Sir Robert Peel (Bobby Peel), The White Bull (over 21s only) and The Yew Tree which is a Restaurant/Pub. White Bull/ Bobby Peel is probably the best place for a meet-up.

From here it's no more than 2 miles to Deepdale football ground; possibly less.

On second thoughts, those arriving in cars would be better to go to the Capitol Centre or just beyond into the park-and-ride car park, and walk through to the main road at Edward Street, just town side of the Yew Tree.

(Sorry. City side)

12 miles is a very long way for a lot of people. Just before the last mile you have a hill to climb from W-le-D into Preston.

I'd suggest this will need 5 hours walking time minimum possibly 6. When I go walking with friends with proper boots/shoes etc. and being used to walking we reckon 3mph is good, often down to 2.5 with all the faffing that goes on. Personally I couldn't do more than 10 and on tarmac it will be tough.

I'd suggest this will need 5 hours walking time minimum possibly 6. When I go walking with friends with proper boots/shoes etc. and being used to walking we reckon 3mph is good, often down to 2.5 with all the faffing that goes on. Personally I couldn't do more than 10 and on tarmac it will be tough.

All depends on how many refreshment stops are made....

Fox And Hounds

Brown Cow

Moorgate

White Bull

Wellington

Oyster And Otter

Fieldens

Royal Oak

Boars Head

Oak Tree

Swan

Mill Tavern

White Bull

Sir Robert Peel

Yew Tree

Frenchwood Club (to be found by a steep footpath at the far side of the bridge over the Ribble - hard to find but included for the amazing view over the Ribble and Walton-le-Dale - pre-booking advised)

Then right at the jail bearing left for Deepdale Road then right at St Georges Road:

Deepdale Labour Club

Or via A6 North Road then right at St Georges Road:

Moorbrook

Unicorn

Moor Park

...apologies if I've missed any.

All depends on how many refreshment stops are made....

Fox And Hounds

Brown Cow

Moorgate

White Bull

Wellington

Oyster And Otter

Fieldens

Royal Oak

Boars Head

Oak Tree

Swan

Mill Tavern

White Bull

Sir Robert Peel

Yew Tree

Frenchwood Club (to be found by a steep footpath at the far side of the bridge over the Ribble - hard to find but included for the amazing view over the Ribble and Walton-le-Dale - pre-booking advised)

Then right at the jail bearing left for Deepdale Road then right at St Georges Road:

Deepdale Labour Club

Or via A6 North Road then right at St Georges Road:

Moorbrook

Unicorn

Moor Park

...apologies if I've missed any.

Never mind missing any!

I be missing the games even after only a few of them these days.

Never mind missing any!

I be missing the games even after only a few of them these days.

I'm with you. After the 2nd pub I'd probably say sod it and stay there for the duration. It would be a definite after the 3rd.

A 12 mile walk before a football match is a tall order. Good luck to those doing it.

I did the Great North Western Half Marathon in appalling conditions in Blackpool, earlier this year. This walk is only about a mile less than that, so I would say it is a tall order. or anyone contemplating doing it, think carefully as it is harder than you would think. Be safe and give yourself plenty of time and dress appropriately.

• Backroom

Real shame but the article makes it look a little silly with talk of 20 fans and a link to a just giving site with little money raised.

Appluad anyone willing to try something but it shows it needs careful considering and planning to pull off.

18/75 wasn't to everyone's taste but had a visual impact but since then it's eased off.

I'm comforted that some very passionate fans are still trying to get initiatives going and look forward to the next one that can pique the interest of the masses

Rossendale Blues did walk from Haslingden over the Grane to Ewood in mid-70s to raise money for the Club.

About 60 of us. Dave Lewis did it in about 30mins, the rest of us took 3 hours.

That was in glorious weather in March or April.

(And I could still do it!)

Rossendale Blues did walk from Haslingden over the Grane to Ewood in mid-70s to raise money for the Club.

About 60 of us. Dave Lewis did it in about 30mins, the rest of us took 3 hours.

That was in glorious weather in March or April.

(And I could still do it!)

He was the distance runner wasn't he? I used to see him running about 5 times a week growing up.

• Backroom

I think this will be classed as a fail, but that said full credit to those who had an idea and acted on it.

Absolutely things don't get done without ideas and people trying to follow up on them

Archived