BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield At Home

He's quick. A good defender who can play in the centre of defence because he's decent in the air. A decent tackler who's prepared to put his body on the line to block things. When playing full-back he likes to get forward and has the pace to do so. His crossing is good when he gets forward. Last season he had a dip in form but this season he has regained his form and confidence. Having just turned 19 at the weekend he is a very good prospect for the future.

He's no quicker than most pro's what caused the dip in form ?

If saturday was his best form how can you be confident about his future?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's quick. A good defender who can play in the centre of defence because he's decent in the air. A decent tackler who's prepared to put his body on the line to block things. When playing full-back he likes to get forward and has the pace to do so. His crossing is good when he gets forward. Last season he had a dip in form but this season he has regained his form and confidence. Having just turned 19 at the weekend he is a very good prospect for the future.

Agreed with your assesment

Why isn't he cutting it now we've no right back yet he made his debut at the beginning of last season so far hes struggled whenever he's played like on saturday.

Give the player a chance Jal.

Maybe give him some encouragment instead of negative stuff might.

On Saturday, he did some good things and some bad things. I wouldnt say he struggled on Saturday.

Maybe we have some faith in the player. Why dont you? Why so negative?

I've watched this lad since he started to break into the Under-18's and he looks a decent prospect. If you are judging people on one game early in their careers you'd have written off a number of players who went on to give excellent service to the club - remember Fred Pickering's early full-backs outings?. Over the years I've seen any number of lads have a dip in form at some stage of their development only to come back stronger in the long run.

He's quick but Henley was quick although this lad is more solid. He deserves a chance it's just the way and why we end up giving some that chance that grates. He's in because we are skint and on the bare bones not because he's a prospect who's been knocking on the door.

Like i said though we have to give him a chance and hopefully unlike Henley he'll concentrate first and foremost on being a footballer.

He's quick but Henley was quick although this lad is more solid. He deserves a chance it's just the way and why we end up giving some that chance that grates. He's in because we are skint and on the bare bones not because he's a prospect who's been knocking on the door.

Like i said though we have to give him a chance and hopefully unlike Henley he'll concentrate first and foremost on being a footballer.

Henley's pace is a pure myth as far as I'm concerned.

Henley's pace is a pure myth as far as I'm concerned.

When Henley first made the team he was quick, I think injuries have taken a yard or two off him.

I've watched this lad since he started to break into the Under-18's and he looks a decent prospect. If you are judging people on one game early in their careers you'd have written off a number of players who went on to give excellent service to the club - remember Fred Pickering's early full-backs outings?. Over the years I've seen any number of lads have a dip in form at some stage of their development only to come back stronger in the long run.

True. On the other hand I've seen guys who made very impressive debuts but faded away later. I remember David Helliwell coming into the first team for Bryan Douglas and looking great, getting the M O M award. That must have been the high point of his career.

The building up of "wonderkid" footballers by the media has really made it harder for everyone to get by. I find it really hard to believe that in the past an 18 year old defender would be written off. Now that TV/YouTube is plastered with exceptional, mature talents who are still in their teens it's assumed that everyone should be the finished article by the time they're out of their teens. "Well Michael Owen/Wayne Rooney/Phil Jones were class straight away" is true but can't be the barometer for everyone, especially lower down the league system.

Playing in defence requires experience of tactical systems, experience of playing against all sorts of opponents, of building relationships with wingers and centre backs, physical maturity, and more. All of which take time - years (in 99% of cases). I don't think it's possible for an 18/19 year old to have this, unless they're truly elite.

Which is not to say whether Nyambe will make it or not. But give the guy some time at least!

Coyle already been trying to take credit for everything, Lenihen it was his brainwave to put him there even though GB had already played him there and said himself he thought his long term position was center back. Now it's i always give youth a chance at every club iv'e been at.

No Owen this is forced and the best one of the lot you dropped then froze out !

Coyle already been trying to take credit for everything, Lenihen it was his brainwave to put him there even though GB had already played him there and said himself he thought his long term position was center back. Now it's i always give youth a chance at every club iv'e been at.

No Owen this is forced and the best one of the lot you dropped then froze out !

Another tick on the never heard of them checklist - his Phil Jones moment

Would you have said the same about Dean Rittenberg looked a decent prospect when he made his England debut.

Archived