BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield At Home

Someone needs to tell them that most young people of Indian heritage growing up in Blackburn won't ever look twice at Rovers whether it's Indian owned or not. So if it's part of some grand future scheme taking into account the quickly changing demographics of the town they can just forget it unless they are going to get Liverpool or Man U reserves playing at Ewood !

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'plan' for them to develop their brand whilst building Rovers up in India was never anything more than a sales pitch to win people over to the takeover happening.

Numerous other clubs not owned by Indians have made bigger efforts to expand into India than Rovers have under Venkys. It's just another strand to the operation that hasn't been taken seriously which they never really intended to make a success of or do properly.

All that was just an excuse to explain them getting involved and buying the club. They never really had any serious intention or plan to develop Rovers abroad.

In 6 years the limit of their development of Rovers internationally has been a mid-season friendly in Pune up against a team of jokers which was more a PR stunt for Venkys and their henchmen than anything else. One friendly in 6 years. No tournaments, no fabled academy development, no major sponsorship deals or tie ins with major Indian companies. All just a mechanism to justify them getting involved for an ulterior motive. Of course they said all the right things about it when buying the club but it was nothing more than other people putting words in their mouths whilst the real project took off behind the scenes.

My mate who went just text and said it's was as if they'd all had the week off and been on the lash then walked back in this morning to play so crap and disjointed was it.

As for Lowe & Evans in midfield that's a tried and tested failure and we've been here before 5 times over with Lowe.

And the midfield in the previous two matches was ?

I am amazed that nobody gives Huddersfield some credit - yes at times we were awful - but Huddersfield had attackers with power and pace - and a number 10 who could deliver brilliant set pieces. Personally thought it was a combination of their good play and some awful defending from us.

The only thing that Coyle said that was true - was that we would have lost that match earlier in the season - which was spot on because earlier in the season Huddersfield would have taken the numerous chances they had.

I am amazed that nobody gives Huddersfield some credit - yes at times we were awful - but Huddersfield had attackers with power and pace - and a number 10 who could deliver brilliant set pieces. Personally thought it was a combination of their good play and some awful defending from us.

The only thing that Coyle said that was true - was that we would have lost that match earlier in the season - which was spot on because earlier in the season Huddersfield would have taken the numerous chances they had.

Ah Loweys dad :) Funnily enough i was thinking it was strange you hadn't bitten yet !

Your right of course but i can point to probably 20+ times when it's been a real weak point with those two or him in particular in the middle as opposed to one hand when it's worked. My point is we've seen it all before under different managers and slightly different tactics and it rarely works.

Maybe just some games and opposition that come around once in a while suit him. He strikes me as one of those who plays well on the odd occasions the whole team does but week in week out no.

Jog on ... I'm a rovers fan since 1970 , yes it's 1st season as boycotting but I've boycotted the shop , bar and this year sacked a Christmas do off . Where have I professed to be a god you muppet . Oh and there's no E in Venkys . . So if you are going to be a knob at least spell the slumdogs name correctly .

If Chaddy didn't proclaim himself as superior then he wouldn't get what he gets and surely he's big enough and daft enough to defend himself .

well i had been going since the late 60s,and pulling me up because i spell the shisters name wrong is beyond belief,why don,t you take your little tit for tat with chaddy to the pms

The likes of Lowe and Evans are probably OK when you're under the cosh and most of their game is spent fire fighting in our half. It's when we need someone to make play in our opponents half that they're not at the races.

Tyrone, just out of interest with the money /resources made available to Coyle this season including selling both centre halves and trousering the cash- who do you want to see that's materially better than whats' out there??? Guthrie has been largely ok and him and Evans is probably our best option but who else in the squad we have would you want to see?

Its been destroyed as we all know and trying to measure what we have been left with against what we have had available to us in the past (even the recent /Bowyer past) is an all time poor.

But all things considered and for the peanuts we have to spend I actually think some of our squad are possibly a fair bit better than we are entitled to expect.

Graham, Gallagher, Emnes , Mulgrew, Hoban all very decent at this level ;Marshall, Conway , Evans , Guthrie Lenihan all should be acceptable and apart from Saturday , Williams has been generally ok.

I admit we have gone to hell in a handcart under these clowns and the future looks particularly bleak without at least a few quid to spend but £ for £ I suggest it could have been an awful lot worse and we really shouldn't go down with the above named players at our disposal if we can keep them all fit. That's the issue because they were probably only available at the money we could afford because they had long term fitness issues.

Not suggesting its good by any stretch but in these unprecedented sh1t times , living in the past as some seem to want to, is fairly pointless.

Tyrone, just out of interest with the money /resources made available to Coyle this season including selling both centre halves and trousering the cash- who do you want to see that's materially better than whats' out there??? Guthrie has been largely ok and him and Evans is probably our best option but who else in the squad we have would you want to see?

Its been destroyed as we all know and trying to measure what we have been left with against what we have had available to us in the past (even the recent /Bowyer past) is an all time poor.

But all things considered and for the peanuts we have to spend I actually think some of our squad are possibly a fair bit better than we are entitled to expect.

Graham, Gallagher, Emnes , Mulgrew, Hoban all very decent at this level ;Marshall, Conway , Evans , Guthrie Lenihan all should be acceptable and apart from Saturday , Williams has been generally ok.

I admit we have gone to hell in a handcart under these clowns and the future looks particularly bleak without at least a few quid to spend but £ for £ I suggest it could have been an awful lot worse and we really shouldn't go down with the above named players at our disposal if we can keep them all fit. That's the issue because they were probably only available at the money we could afford because they had long term fitness issues.

Not suggesting its good by any stretch but in these unprecedented sh1t times , living in the past as some seem to want to, is fairly pointless.

This is part of the Coyle paradox.

From a squad and personnel point of view I think most people are in agreement that he has actually done a good job in putting together a team for next to nothing that can compete in this league. We've seen in the last couple of months a team that even when it loses has never really been outplayed or outclassed, and has gone down to the fine margins in matches. We've become more resilient.

With the almost complete lack of funds, chaotic structure at the club, time delay in getting answers from India, a determination from above to sell whoever possible and pocket the cash, a preference to rely on loan signings and all the rest of it, Coyle has had a tough job to do in putting together a team on the cheap in a short period of time, and despite 3-4 duff signings, like Byrne, Hendrie and Samuelsen, those others have been decent. Mulgrew, Hoban, Williams, Emnes and Gallagher in particular have been good additions.

The situation we've now reached is that to his credit I think we've ended up with a squad that is perfectly capable of escaping relegation. I don't believe this team is one of the 3 worst in this league and I don't think we should be getting relegated.

We all know the main reason for the disastrous start to the season was Venkys, both in selling Hanley and Duffy and then not releasing good funds in time for the season starting. But now we've got a squad that I think is better and capable of more than our league position currently suggests.

So credit to Coyle for putting the team together despite everything, but at this stage not for our league position, which hopefully will improve with continued improved form, but if it doesn't Coyle must suffer the consequences of that.

This is part of the Coyle paradox.

From a squad and personnel point of view I think most people are in agreement that he has actually done a good job in putting together a team for next to nothing that can compete in this league. We've seen in the last couple of months a team that even when it loses has never really been outplayed or outclassed, and has gone down to the fine margins in matches. We've become more resilient.

With the almost complete lack of funds, chaotic structure at the club, time delay in getting answers from India, a determination from above to sell whoever possible and pocket the cash, a preference to rely on loan signings and all the rest of it, Coyle has had a tough job to do in putting together a team on the cheap in a short period of time, and despite 3-4 duff signings, like Byrne, Hendrie and Samuelsen, those others have been decent. Mulgrew, Hoban, Williams, Emnes and Gallagher in particular have been good additions.

The situation we've now reached is that to his credit I think we've ended up with a squad that is perfectly capable of escaping relegation. I don't believe this team is one of the 3 worst in this league and I don't think we should be getting relegated.

We all know the main reason for the disastrous start to the season was Venkys, both in selling Hanley and Duffy and then not releasing good funds in time for the season starting. But now we've got a squad that I think is better and capable of more than our league position currently suggests.

So credit to Coyle for putting the team together despite everything, but at this stage not for our league position, which hopefully will improve with continued improved form, but if it doesn't Coyle must suffer the consequences of that.

You wouldn't think so with some of the comments on here , JH.

There is genuine hatred for what's gone on and in fact what is still going on.....Cheston, Pasha etc etc absolute disgrace but on the pitch as you acknowledge is a fair bit better overall than I expected.

Problem is that Coyle is an obvious target because of where he has come from though I don't buy that he is part of a conspiracy even though Venkys might be . I don't even think theirs is a conspiracy any more. I think they are just clueless , wealthy tossers who have got bored with their toy and are now leaving us to rot rather than put any more money in. They probably realise they have lost their £100million and that's where is stops. And our punishment is to suffer the demise of something we love because we have protested and abused them.

The protesters were barely audible on Saturday which half suggests the sting has been drawn out of that too now.

Club dying on its feet ,JH, heartbreaking stuff.

The protesters were barely audible on Saturday which half suggests the sting has been drawn out of that too now.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

You won't get the mass protests a la the Wolves game if you try something every game. Targeting games are the way forward for me, ensures a decent level of crowd participation and the publicity that goes with it.

Though, if we somehow string some results together and end up in mid table, lets be honest, any kind of protest movement will sadly die on its arse anyway.

Anyone who thinks Lowe is good enough should go and find another club asap along with Jason.

See young Nyambe looked a donkey on Saturday which isnt surprising given the agents he hails from that taints our once great club.

Scousers out and boycott the Lancashire Telegraph !

Anyone who thinks Lowe is good enough should go and find another club asap along with Jason.

See young Nyambe looked a donkey on Saturday which isnt surprising given the agents he hails from that taints our once great club.

Nyambe is a decent prospect and will make a good player. Personally, I didn't think he did too badly on Saturday considering the fact it was his first start at this level. Same with Raya - an excellent prospect. Quite why you dislike lads simply because of an agent seems a little strange. We may not agree with it but agents, like them or not, are part and parcel of the game.

Ha.

I can't quite do a PB and reply without wanting to rip my hair out.

So if you have a different opinion to Jal, you should find a new club! New "Lowe" for you that pal.

Rather than constantly go on about this link to a scouse agent, why not start a thread and share the information?

We all know the answer to that - there is no information bar the imaginary ramblings of a nonsensical WUM..

Ha.

So if you have a different opinion to Jal, you should find a new club! New "Lowe" for you that pal.

Rather than constantly go on about this link to a scouse agent, why not start a thread and share the information?

We all know the answer to that - there is no information bar the imaginary ramblings of a nonsensical WUM..

:rolleyes:

Ha.

Just look JB just look check whose books certain players are on then do a little more research if you can't see a picture

But as PB says unfortunately agents are part and parcel of the game these days and not always for the benefit of the club..but there own and whatever or whom ever they work or represent at the end of the day they all @#/? in the same pot... Ask Mike Newell

Just look JB just look check whose books certain players are on then do a little more research if you can't see a picture

But as PB says unfortunately agents are part and parcel of the game these days and not always for the benefit of the club..but there own and whatever or whom ever they work or represent at the end of the day they all @#/? in the same pot... Ask Mike Newell

Let's collate the scouse theories into one thread then. I am fully aware of what agents do, the stuff about taking percentages and pushing youngsters further to improve reputation is obviously true, because there aren't many businesses where a "product" (ie a footballer) can go from worthless to a fortune overnight.

That's no excuse for telling supporters with different opinions to "find a new team" though!

Archived