BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield At Home

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate who went just text and said it's was as if they'd all had the week off and been on the lash then walked back in this morning to play so crap and disjointed was it.

As for Lowe & Evans in midfield that's a tried and tested failure and we've been here before 5 times over with Lowe.

In my view and I am aware that is a poor view, but after last weeks outstanding result and performance against the best team in the league by a margin despite this weekends result, we failed to capitalise. I believe this is because of attitude or mindset of the team when they initially took the pitch and that is utterly down to the manager / coach.

I once had the privilege of being in the company of one of the players who won the European champions league playing for Nottingham Forest under Bryan Clough. He told me that, in normal games he would give the players belief in their individual attributes and as long as they played to the game plan all would be well. However when they had a critical game he "Clough", would come into the dressing room about 30 mins before kick off and start on the players, at first in a sort of gentle way but building up that you would think the opposition where evil and when we went out on the pitch we could have gladly murdered them.

He said that looking back now, it was all psychological but as he didn't do this week in week out, it was very effective.

Today a draw was not a disaster but a win on the back of last week would have been invaluable but from the start we were second best which suddenly makes it a long way back as to pick up the momentum when the opposition are on the front foot is so difficult.

In short, Coyle should have had the team on the front foot from the start, as today's game was critical for the continuation of the winning run. He failed. Clough would have identified today as a critical game.

Possession Home 33% Away 67%

Shots Home 9 Away 29

Shots on Target Home 2 Away 8

Corners Home 2 Corners away 13

Don't know why people are down, we absolutely paggered them

:lol:

COYB

The sort of stats that Burnley pick up week in week out, yet Dyche is hailed as a genius.

Away team have majority of the possession and miss loads of chances yet the home team get a perhaps undeserved goal and a result when the stats suggest they shouldn't.

I very much think we are back to the easy going training ground attitude of a few years ago again. Most of them are just going through the motions, others try every week and a good few just marking time until they get a decent move. That's all the clubs about these days and when it has absolutely no ambition and no one properly in charge above the manager then that's what you'll get.

They can rev themselves up for big games and dig in once every 5 games when the heats on but the mindset otherwise is just go out and play. I know the championship is a crazy league but you've got to go out every week and at least try and compete, it seems that for every bit last Sat was about 'team' today was about individuals. Good job a few were prepared to throw their bodies on the line and Coyle should be rooting out the others and asking them why they weren't.

Then again the manager himself is a proven crap tactician and it was probably down the that again today. Newcastle was this seasons coco Man U moment or Appletons Arsenal shock - an freak one off.

The sort of stats that Burnley pick up week in week out, yet Dyche is hailed as a genius.

Away team have majority of the possession and miss loads of chances yet the home team get a perhaps undeserved goal and a result when the stats suggest they shouldn't.

Correct

We had a conversion ratio of 11% for shot to goals they had 3.4 %, couldn't score in a brothel.

If it had gone on any longer we would have over run them

A common statement since we won at Newcastle has been "Right, now we have to build on that by winning our home games". Even Coyle said it.

So, we didn't!

This is classic relegation stuff. Put in a wonderful performance away against all the odds one game and have everyone thinking "we can't be relegated if we can play like that" and then put in a real shocker next game.

When we look back over the season, that game against Newcastle will stand out as the most unusual, the dross served up week after week will be the norm.

A common statement since we won at Newcastle has been "Right, now we have to build on that by winning our home games". Even Coyle said it.

So, we didn't!

This is classic relegation stuff. Put in a wonderful performance away against all the odds one game and have everyone thinking "we can't be relegated if we can play like that" and then put in a real shocker next game.

When we look back over the season, that game against Newcastle will stand out as the most unusual, the dross served up week after week will be the norm.

The victory at ManU under Steve Kean in the Prem relegation season.turned out to be a false dawn; let's hope the Newcastle win doesn't end the same way.

sounds like we stole a point,but its a point.we need to get as many as we can as quickly as we can,i actually read the dingle interview about the january transfer window,the clown thinks he is going to get money to spend,sorry at least 2 sales,and a couple of free transfers.

The victory at ManU under Steve Kean in the Prem relegation season.turned out to be a false dawn; let's hope the Newcastle win doesn't end the same way.

Yeah, I remember after that ManU game we played Stoke at Ewood 2 days later, went into it thinking if we can win this then maybe we might get out of this mess, think we were 2 down after 20 mins.

This has exactly the same feeling.

well you aren't are you? so why keep moaning about it when you don't!!!

Still being the superfan again I see ... and people say it's me that's boring !

You said you was going to boycott but didn't , you said you was joining 1875 but didn't I presume ( because despite many asking on here if you did you point blank ignore the question) .

I was at the markets in Manchester and had a pint with a Chelsea fan who actually shook my hand and said you need a full out boycott and show the world and get everyone talking about what's happened . He was shocked especially about Anderson and Coar threatening to take fans to court .

I said that last week Newcastle was chimp heads Utd win . Alls he needs now is arsenal in the cup

I very much think we are back to the easy going training ground attitude of a few years ago again. Most of them are just going through the motions, others try every week and a good few just marking time until they get a decent move. That's all the clubs about these days and when it has absolutely no ambition and no one properly in charge above the manager then that's what you'll get.

They can rev themselves up for big games and dig in once every 5 games when the heats on but the mindset otherwise is just go out and play. I know the championship is a crazy league but you've got to go out every week and at least try and compete, it seems that for every bit last Sat was about 'team' today was about individuals. Good job a few were prepared to throw their bodies on the line and Coyle should be rooting out the others and asking them why they weren't.

Then again the manager himself is a proven crap tactician and it was probably down the that again today. Newcastle was this seasons coco Man U moment or Appletons Arsenal shock - an freak one off.

The messageboard is going the same way.

Nothing ever happens

Nothing happens at all

The needle returns to the start of the song

And we all sing along like before

In my view and I am aware that is a poor view, but after last weeks outstanding result and performance against the best team in the league by a margin despite this weekends result, we failed to capitalise. I believe this is because of attitude or mindset of the team when they initially took the pitch and that is utterly down to the manager / coach.

I once had the privilege of being in the company of one of the players who won the European champions league playing for Nottingham Forest under Bryan Clough. He told me that, in normal games he would give the players belief in their individual attributes and as long as they played to the game plan all would be well. However when they had a critical game he "Clough", would come into the dressing room about 30 mins before kick off and start on the players, at first in a sort of gentle way but building up that you would think the opposition where evil and when we went out on the pitch we could have gladly murdered them.

He said that looking back now, it was all psychological but as he didn't do this week in week out, it was very effective.

Today a draw was not a disaster but a win on the back of last week would have been invaluable but from the start we were second best which suddenly makes it a long way back as to pick up the momentum when the opposition are on the front foot is so difficult.

In short, Coyle should have had the team on the front foot from the start, as today's game was critical for the continuation of the winning run. He failed. Clough would have identified today as a critical game.

Not starting the game at a high tempo has been a failing for a long while at Rovers. We let the away team settle in too easily, most away teams are at their most vulnerable in the first 10-15 minutes of the game. You need to get your foot on their neck ASAP and keep it there. I bet away teams can't believe their luck at Rovers.

abbey leave chaddy alone he is a rovers fan through and through,just because this is your 1st year as a boycotter does not make you a god,i gave up in the 1st year of venkeys,went to one game last year just to remenber the ewood experince i nearly cried on my way home,give the guy some slack.

We were poor today, especially in the first half but as has been pointed out before we'd have lost that game a couple of weeks ago. Surely a sign of progress even if it's very limited progress.

A win at Preston next week would be massive, they'll be missing a few regulars due to suspension.

abbey leave chaddy alone he is a rovers fan through and through,just because this is your 1st year as a boycotter does not make you a god,i gave up in the 1st year of venkeys,went to one game last year just to remenber the ewood experince i nearly cried on my way home,give the guy some slack.

Jog on ... I'm a rovers fan since 1970 , yes it's 1st season as boycotting but I've boycotted the shop , bar and this year sacked a Christmas do off . Where have I professed to be a god you muppet . Oh and there's no E in Venkys . . So if you are going to be a knob at least spell the slumdogs name correctly .

If Chaddy didn't proclaim himself as superior then he wouldn't get what he gets and surely he's big enough and daft enough to defend himself .

kiwi leave abbey alone he's been a Rover since before chaddy was even born. His opinion has credibility so show a bit more respect.

At least some get it on here .

We were poor today, especially in the first half but as has been pointed out before we'd have lost that game a couple of weeks ago. Surely a sign of progress even if it's very limited progress.

A win at Preston next week would be massive, they'll be missing a few regulars due to suspension.

They've started gobbing and giving it large again all round knob town . Pathetic complex driven tossers .

Archived