BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Desperate Gimmicks

Stuart

Rovers latest "Let's Pretend All Is Well" schemes

Bus Route

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/follow-rovers-and-save-with-the-blackburn-bus-company-3468931.aspx

Free Junior Half Season Ticket when you buy 3 day coaching

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/blackburn-rovers-community-trust-christmas-soccer-camp-3454196.aspx

The club seem to want to get people back through the door - the 'official' attendance being sub-10k on Tuesday - yet they don't listen to fans' genuine concerns. Let alone act on them.

If you want (some) fans back, become - or at least behave like - a proper football club again. Not with gimmicks like this but by appointing a proper chairman and a decent manager - and paying them to perform. If they don't perform then they are asked to leave - JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER CLUB. Venkys have money so if we have to put up with them then they have to become interested in the success of THEIR football club (allegedly). If they don't have money then they need to sell up and hand over to somebody who either does, or at least cares about Rovers enough to work hard to improve matters without it. Being a board room agenda item isn't good enough.

They couldn't give me a season ticket with that lot in charge. Not remotely my club anymore, it's a shell of it's former self and all efforts by it's employees are pointless unfortunately. The day I return is the day they leave, I simply do not care anymore and I think it's safe to say it's the same for the rest of 1000's who've left too.

It's ironic that they're promoting a cheap bus pass as a reason for people to be able to get to Ewood Park for less and support Rovers, and yet on 2nd January they are charging Category A+ prices around the ground for the Newcastle game which is live on TV. In excess of £30 anywhere in the ground for a walk-on fan to buy a ticket at the start of one of the most financially challenging times of the year.

So hooray, people short on money who use the bus can save a few quid on travel costs, meanwhile Rovers are asking for £30+ to watch a side destined for relegation.

I wonder what will deter people? The cost of getting the bus to Ewood or the £30+ to get a ticket?

I'm sure all the local pubs, clubs and food outlets will endorse the commitment to local businesses that they talk about in the article.;

Indeed. Nipped into the Fox & Hounds pre Brighton to book on the Ewood Blues coach to Barnsley (yep, I'm a lunatic) and it was dead- the reign of terror has ripped the heart of the area.

Fair play to whoever for organizing the buses at least someone is trying. Don't know whether the tenner tickets were always planned for this match or it's a desperate last min measure to stop the crowd reaching a 30 year low ?

It is typical of these lot and football in general that they give with one hand and take away with the other when you look at the Newcastle prices. My pal was at Wigan last night and like he said it's always bad there but last night was extra bad by them. Just wait till you come to Ewood i said, there's every chance it'll be worse.

these local busuiness people should be shouting from the rooftops about whats happening .

.... followed up by another assault by councillors, MPs (Jones, Hollern) on the club and Venky's? Perfectly reasonable to ask what progress has been made on earlier requests to the club (even if we know the answer).

At least somebody is trying to drum up interest and support and my guess is that it isn't anybody in a position of power like Cheston. The damage that the Indians have caused extends well outside the club. I remember once reading that, taking into account the part time match day staff Blackburn Rovers were the biggest employer in the area. The knock on effect was that people had more money to spend and now they haven't. Aside from the fact that there could be over 60,000 extra people coming into Blackburn each season in the Premier League with money to spend in pubs, shops and public transport. Relegation this season will no doubt see wholesale redundancies. These imbeciles have so much to answer for and not just from a football perspective.

And some people I speak to still see them as saviours.

At least somebody is trying to drum up interest and support and my guess is that it isn't anybody in a position of power like Cheston. The damage that the Indians have caused extends well outside the club. I remember once reading that, taking into account the part time match day staff Blackburn Rovers were the biggest employer in the area. The knock on effect was that people had more money to spend and now they haven't. Aside from the fact that there could be over 60,000 extra people coming into Blackburn each season in the Premier League with money to spend in pubs, shops and public transport. Relegation this season will no doubt see wholesale redundancies. These imbeciles have so much to answer for and not just from a football perspective.

And some people I speak to still see them as saviours.

I think we're supposed to be grateful that at least they're still paying the bills.

Never mind about redundancies that good honest people will suffer when we go down. Never mind that the bills are so high and income so low because of their running of the club. Never mind about the disastrous impact it has had on the area which is only going to get worse.

Do the council still brown nose the Rao's?

Every fecker does !!! Embarrassing little ball bags

I think we're supposed to be grateful that at least they're still paying the bills.

Never mind about redundancies that good honest people will suffer when we go down. Never mind that the bills are so high and income so low because of their running of the club. Never mind about the disastrous impact it has had on the area which is only going to get worse.

I'd be grateful if they committed hari kari .. keaners all of em

Just get out Venkys..nobody wants you in charge of this football club.

The damage these gobshytes have caused may well see us never recover.

I made the point(as did many) at the start of this season that it was going to be the biggest Smoke 'n' Mirrors job that football has ever seen...very sadly it's all coming to fruition.

Archived