BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Town Vs. Rovers - 14/1/17

Not seen much of this season at all so my opinion means nowt but to me it looks like suicide to go into a game with s midfield 4 as poor as we did on Saturday. What do you expect to happen with a selection like that. Surely we'd be better off with Greer at the back and Mulgrew in midfield and surely Marshall would do better than Feeney and someone else can play full back. Hoping someone who has seen more than 3 or 4 games this year can shed some light on this situation.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not seen much of this season at all so my opinion means nowt but to me it looks like suicide to go into a game with s midfield 4 as poor as we did on Saturday. What do you expect to happen with a selection like that. Surely we'd be better off with Greer at the back and Mulgrew in midfield and surely Marshall would do better than Feeney and someone else can play full back. Hoping someone who has seen more than 3 or 4 games this year can shed some light on this situation.

Nope. Spot on mate. Wonder why you can see it and coyle can't. It's so obvious. His line up doesn't even make sense on paper

And speaking of young lads on the bench and us still leaking goals where is the guy who proved at the start of the season he was ready to at least be part of the squad regularly ?

If you mean young Scott, it appears his wages have been spent repairing the undersoil heating, so he will just have to be patient.

but, but, but Owen said his performance levels in training dropped, surely he's not lying.

Well hopefully we can back into it this week and take our medicine, wer all hurting, need to cut out individual errors, we will start moving up the table, performances are good..................... repeat to fade.

but, but, but Owen said his performance levels in training dropped, surely he's not lying.

Well hopefully we can back into it this week and take our medicine, wer all hurting, need to cut out individual errors, we will start moving up the table, performances are good..................... repeat to fade.

I am surprised Owen hasn't reported that he has just seen young Scott in traction, before he sends him off to start for Spurs. No I don't think he will be lying, surely not! :)

Do you know what irks me most, there is no such thing as an individual mistake in football as its a team game. Every goal comes from several errors made by the collective, yes there will be one critical error but in order to get to that point a number of minor errors will have had to have taken place. Those errors may have been 2, 3 or 4 phases earlier but they are still errors that contribute to the goal. We are making errors as a collective and until these are reduced we will continue to lose games. This is why the blame falls on Coyle and not individuals.

Do you know what irks me most, there is no such thing as an individual mistake in football as its a team game. Every goal comes from several errors made by the collective, yes there will be one critical error but in order to get to that point a number of minor errors will have had to have taken place. Those errors may have been 2, 3 or 4 phases earlier but they are still errors that contribute to the goal. We are making errors as a collective and until these are reduced we will continue to lose games. This is why the blame falls on Coyle and not individuals.

I couldn't agree more. Very rarely will you see a goal conceded where only one player is to blame.

The only occasion when a single player is to blame is if someone scored from the second touch after kick off. Other than that it will always be from a misplaced pass, a runner not tracked, poor shape, etc, etc. Blaming one person is the easy option.

A great example is Ronaldinho's goal against England in the WC, Seaman takes all the stick but the first error comes a lot earlier where Beckham jumps out of a challenge and Brazil gain possession. If Beckham had taken the foul, Ronaldinho never gets the ball so Seaman is never in a position to make the error. We are getting into Schrodinger's Cat territory here but I think I've made my point.

If your out to win games surely you'd sub anyone who makes a critical error otherwise what does it say to the rest of the group that this is acceptable play and your standards are very low.

He's not wrong in what he says though but yes he's firing an i want out now shot. The anti protesters will love his mention of that and no doubt dine out on it but at least Marshalls mentioned the whole circus and he did say in summer he was disappointed they hadn't offered him a deal. That was before motormouth was suddenly inflicted on us of course.

Fair play to Ben although this will go down as another blame the player just like they want it portraying. It does show though that players now realise nothing will change at Rovers until there is a change at the top.

He's probably been encouraged by his suitors to come out with some controversial comments that cause more unrest about his position at Rovers with a view to accelerating his transfer.

As a said a few weeks ago, this talk about them hanging on for £2 million is fantasy land nonsense. No club will be paying even half that for someone on a free in the summer. Rovers know it and in the coming fortnight he will be sold for an undisclosed fee of no more than £500k.

Marshall is probably speaking from a good position. He's been in the middle of the chaos and has seen it unfolding during his three and a half years at the club. He can probably see how far standards have slipped in playing quality in his time here, watched as all quality players have been systematically cashed in on, watched as the club have lied about offering him an improved contract when its quite obvious Venkys have never had any intention of offering anyone improved terms.

I wonder what the ramifications are going to be for him. Will Venkys be upset that one of their players has come out and criticised them in public, something almost unheard of at this club? Or will they just use it as an excuse to get him out the door even faster?

I suppose Lenihan would have been relatively cheap as he would have been on a scholars contract, I'd forgotten the other 2.

Lowe will still be on Premier League wages I expect, so will have to take a huge paycut from Rovers or find another club.

Don't be silly, 'Lowey' is wanted by at least two PL clubs according to the rags. He'll need a bloody good agent to play another Premier League match in his career, that's for sure.

Archived