BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Town Vs. Rovers - 14/1/17

in all fairness Burton could only dream of signing the likes of Danny Graham etc when you look at the two squads on paper C'mon Rev ..they expected a relegation battle..

Our squad should be mid table IMO and I stand by that. Preston squad isnt better than our but have a very good manager there. They just beaten top of the league.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with all the posters who've mentioned why replace Greer with Lenihan, absolute madness.

The Mulgrew/Greer partnership has been looking pretty good.

Coyle is a very poor manager (as we all know).

Not saying any different. The point being made was we were doomed when it is still probably any 3 from 4 from us, Burton,Wigan and Rotherham.

Still not good enough and Coyle needs to go ad most of us agree.

I personally would say its 3 from 5 Rotherham , Wigan , us , Burton and Forest...also Bristol City dropped like a stone

his change in defence today made no sense whatsoever and proved yet again what a poor manager Coyle is.....

Our squad should be mid table IMO and I stand by that. Preston squad isnt better than our but have a very good manager there. They just beaten top of the league.

Make no mistake Chaddy we have some very poor players at Rovers but we should have enougth to be higher than we are for sure...Grayson is tactically a whole lot better than Coyle and seems to be able to get a lot extra from his squad which is a massive difference

I personally would say its 3 from 5 Rotherham , Wigan , us , Burton and Forest...also Bristol City dropped like a stone

his change in defence today made no sense whatsoever and proved yet again what a poor manager Coyle is.....

Make no mistake Chaddy we have some very poor players at Rovers but we should have enougth to be higher than we are for sure...Grayson is tactically a whole lot better than Coyle and seems to be able to get a lot extra from his squad which is a massive difference

Reduce the quality of the squad. Then recruit a manager, who is well known to be ...er...not very good.

You don't need to be a genius to work out the agenda. It happened in the summer of 2011 and it happened again last summer.

Only remaining question: where are those ****pitchforks??

• Backroom

I can't in the name of Lucifer understand why he didn't use more than the one sub after 61 minutes. He needed to chase a point. Why not put on Mahoney instead of Lowe or Akpan.

Something to do with bonuses, appearance fees, or just having no interest in winning the fixture. He's also a really bad manager, so. who knows. It'll all be fine once we fluke another win in February some time.

I can't in the name of Lucifer understand why he didn't use more than the one sub after 61 minutes. He needed to chase a point. Why not put on Mahoney instead of Lowe or Akpan.

Put Mahoney on Left wing in place of Marshall or Feeney.

And play 3-4-1-2 with Emnes behind Gallagher and Graham.

I still can't believe that anyone actually still thinks that owen coyles job has anything to do with getting football results, they are just an unexpected bonus when they come.

If you think about it, it's bloody obvious why Lenihan came in for Greer.

I still can't believe that anyone actually still thinks that owen coyles job has anything to do with getting football results, they are just an unexpected bonus when they come.

If you think about it, it's bloody obvious why Lenihan came in for Greer.

I might be a bit thick but whats the answer here?

A midfield containing Lowe effectively reduces the team to 10 men. He did absolutely nothing today except play little shuffled passes sideways and backwards. Akpan at least shows strength and determination at times sufficient to win a penalty.

Exactly. Lenihan has resale value, Greer does not.

Not on today's showing he doesn't

• Backroom

Not on today's showing he doesn't

In fairness to Lenihan, am I right in remembering his natural position is midfield, and he's basically being shoehorned into defence so that Akpan and Lowe can grace us with their presence?

In fairness to Lenihan, am I right in remembering his natural position is midfield, and he's basically being shoehorned into defence so that Akpan and Lowe can grace us with their presence?

His distribution out of defence does not suggest he would light up the midfield.Also lacks the close control required at this level.

His distribution out of defence does not suggest he would light up the midfield.Also lacks the close control required at this level.

Said it all season. He isn't anywhere near good enough to play for Blackburn. Someone tell me his redeeming features?

Just another Jason "Utility Player" Lowe

Archived