BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Town Vs. Rovers - 14/1/17

No thread for the game 24 hours before kick off?

Just about sums up the Rovers enthusiasm at the moment! :D

That said, can we make it 3 wins in a row?

Ipswich is actually one of our bogey grounds.

Rovers @ Ipswich

Played - 22

Won - 2

Drawn - 9

Lost - 11

Rovers Goals - 22

Ipswich Goals - 34

Points Gained - 15 out of a possible 66

Last win at Portman Road?

Ipswich 1-3 Rovers - 19/11/1994

Sutton 8, Sherwood 41, Shearer 70

Lineup - Flowers, Gale, Warhurst, Pearce, Le Saux, Ripley, Atkins, Sherwood, Slater, Sutton, Shearer

Subs - All unused - Wright, Mimms, Newell

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think they'll put on a battling display but come unstuck to a late set piece on our least favourite of least favourite championship grounds. Wins at Old Trafford and the Emirates come around more often than they do down there.

Credit to the 250 or so making the mammoth trek but ......

Tractors 2 Rovers 1

A no brainer.

Coyley and the lads are on a roll.

An early Rovers' goal will see Ipswich heads drop and the home fans turn - think they've barely averaged a point a game over last 6 or 7 games.

Gone for a Rovers' win at 13/5 by 3-1 at 42/1.

Big game for us, arguably just as big for Ipswich.

Rightly or wrongly McCarthy has been getting a lot of stick down there this season for results and performances. A poor result tomorrow could see him get even more aggro off the home fans whilst a comfortable win will lift the gloom. Yet he's kept them well clear of trouble every season and will do so again despite having had no money to spend and presumably one of the lowest wage bills in the league.

I'd love to know what Mick could do with a £28 million wage bill.

Notice to some - look what can be achieved at a club with tiny budget and modest crowds but with a proper setup and a good manager that is trusted to get on with doing the job. Any reason we couldn't do that?

We really need at least a point and a point I would be very pleased with. After the Newcastle game I set a target of at least 4 points from Ipswich and Birmingham against two sides struggling for form and that remains the case if we're going to get out of this.

Very much a bogey ground. I've been down there about 5 or 6 times and never seen a win. Some absolute dross witnessed there in recent seasons particularly on a couple of miserable midweek trips.

A no brainer.

Coyley and the lads are on a roll.

An early Rovers' goal will see Ipswich heads drop and the home fans turn - think they've barely averaged a point a game over last 6 or 7 games.

Gone for a Rovers' win at 13/5 by 3-1 at 42/1.

thought he was a goner?

Last time I was there in August 2010 we drew 1-1 in one of the first games back in the Championship. Ipswich should have won but we clung on. Kazim Richards played well. Thinking of going again but I seem to be a jinx on the team these days. And it's a long way and bloomin' cold too.

35 ? Wow

I will kill the game as we know it stone dead eventually, unless this is outlawed. The twenty is plenty campaign, needs to come in as compulsory and the sooner the better. It is pure greed and totally out of touch with reality, that price for one game.

Just look at the crowd at Reading last night v QPR. Don't know what it was given as but can't have been more than 10k actually in there if that although credit to Rangers who had about a thousand.

That game would probably have seen 15k on even a Weds eve non televised but who the hell can be arsed on a Thurs it's a joke. Said it before but it won't be long before they are trying to fill tea time slots with live English games during the week. Sit down to your shepherds pie at 530pm on a Tues to Brentford v Wigan instead of the news.

Just look at the crowd at Reading last night v QPR. Don't know what it was given as but can't have been more than 10k actually in there if that although credit to Rangers who had about a thousand.

That game would probably have seen 15k on even a Weds eve non televised but who the hell can be arsed on a Thurs it's a joke. Said it before but it won't be long before they are trying to fill tea time slots with live English games during the week. Sit down to your shepherds pie at 530pm on a Tues to Brentford v Wigan instead of the news.

This is severely off topic, but as someone who has cancelled Sky and BT Sports in favour of paid streams (which I don't condone), I'm struck by how much better the overseas coverage is compared to Sky and BT.

As trailblazers back in the day, Sky and BT have really dumbed down their coverage when they should be excelling.

I already feel happier that I don't have to put up with the ''jobs for the boys at Sky", and the dull to pathetic pundits on BT.

• Backroom

Absolutely need a point minimum as mentioned elsewhere Burton, Wigan, Cardiff and Bristol play each other so at least 2 of the above guaranteed points.

35 ? Wow

To watch the worst Rovers captain in recent history pass backwards sideways slowing the game down whilst also shadowing the opposition allowing them to do untold damage to the Rovers back four.

Good luck to all the fans down there !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ofURZ7z2yg

Re my earlier post!

Ipswich 1-3 Rovers.

What a season, what a kit! :D

Great,great memories,so much pride and belief in the club at that time.A side full of Internationals and possibly the best Striker in Europe.

Equally fills me with so much sadness and anger at what we have become.

Will we EVER see the likes of thee again?

1-1 tomorrow.

Big game for us, arguably just as big for Ipswich.

Rightly or wrongly McCarthy has been getting a lot of stick down there this season for results and performances. A poor result tomorrow could see him get even more aggro off the home fans whilst a comfortable win will lift the gloom. Yet he's kept them well clear of trouble every season and will do so again despite having had no money to spend and presumably one of the lowest wage bills in the league.

I'd love to know what Mick could do with a £28 million wage bill.

Notice to some - look what can be achieved at a club with tiny budget and modest crowds but with a proper setup and a good manager that is trusted to get on with doing the job. Any reason we couldn't do that?

I think McCarthy will be gone shortly. poor result tomorrow might seen him gone. Ipswich fans don't like his boring gameplan and tactics.

Rovers team I expect is Steele Marshall Greer Mulgrew Williams Feeney Lowe Akpan Bennett Graham Gallagher

I think McCarthy will be gone shortly. poor result tomorrow might seen him gone. Ipswich fans don't like his boring gameplan and tactics.

Rovers team I expect is Steele Marshall Greer Mulgrew Williams Feeney Lowe Akpan Bennett Graham Gallagher

No Nyambe ? What's wrong he broke through last season.

Hmmm

I would go for Experience manager like McCarthy now.

If Holloway or McCarthy were appoint we would be at least top 10.

if we had appoint McCarthy or Holloway then it would be excellent appointment

Archived