BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Relegation Rivals to the End of Season

In a league that any team can beat any team these are the remaining fixtures for clubs that might have a say in our future:

Wigan Bristol City Wolves Burton Notts Forest
12 to play 13 to play 14 to play 12 to play 12 to play
  Villa (a) Huddersfield (h) P    
Rovers (a) Burton (h) Reading (a) Bristol City (a) Brighton (h)
Birmingham (a) Norwich (h) Ipswich (a) Sheff Wed (a) Brentford (h)
Bristol City (h) Wigan (a) Rotherham (h) Notts Forest (h) Burton (a)
    Brentford (a)    
Villa (h) Huddersfield (h) Fulham (a) Brentford (h) Derby (h)
Newcastle (a) Brentford (a) Cardiff (h) Huddersfield (a) PNE (a)
Ipswich (a) PNE (a) Notts Forest (h) Newcastle (a) Wolves (a)
Rotherham (h) Wolves (h) Bristol City (a) Villa (h) Huddersfield (h)
Barnsley (h) QPR (h) Brighton (h) Ipswich (h) Rovers (h)
Brighton (a) Rovers (a) Leeds (a) Birmingham (a) Cardiff (a)
Cardiff (h) Barnsley (h) Rovers (h) Leeds (h) Reading (h)
Reading (a) Brighton (a) Derby (a) Barnsley (a) QPR (a)
Leeds (h) Birmingham (h) PNE (h) Reading (h) Ipswich (h)

When you look at the fixtures to me Wigan, Wolves Burton have a tougher run of games I feel than Rovers. I feel the games are in our favour seeing as we have Wolves, Wigan, and Bristol City to play teams all around us that we need to get results against. I don't understand why Wolves are struggling though 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Interesting to look at. At the end of the day though,it all comes down to us winning enough games. 

That's not true though. We need these teams to drop points and us to win enough games.

Its out of our hands. That's why we need to win the "6 pointers".

Just now, Stuart said:

That's not true though. We need these teams to drop points and us to win enough games.

If we win our games in hand we will pass Wigan and be equal on points with Bristol. 

Of course we need them to drop points as well,but I'm just saying it is impossible to call when you have results likes us beating Newcastle away or Bristol drawing with them away. People would have looked at them and said banker home win. Teams around us will drop points when we expect them to get them and gain points when we expect them not too. We need to just make sure we get to the 48-50 point mark. That will do it. 

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

Technically it is true - if we won our games in hand we would be outside the bottom 3, of course the chance of that happening is slim but it is still in our hands.

Sadly I still feel we will go down.

Just now, Tom said:

Technically it is true - if we won our games in hand we would be outside the bottom 3, of course the chance of that happening is slim but it is still in our hands.

Technically is right because, one, we don't catch up before other teams play again and, two, it relies on our improved goal difference compared to Burton. But to stay out of the bottom 3 we need Burton to have a poorer GD and poorer results.

• Backroom

I think an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM of 4 points should be expected. Even that, I don't necessarily feel is good enough, but this squad still has Coyle in it re: fitness.

I think if we are to show progress in trying to get out of the relegation spots, we need 6pts from 9.

Must get as much as possible over the next week or so from the 3 home games. All are winnable so will take 5 points minimum.

We do not want it going down to the wire. We are the only team playing away last game. Mind you if it came down to it the Rovers away following would be immense.

Archived