BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Club Social Media Partner

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/03/2017 at 11:45 PM, Dunnfc said:

Lots of the old ones have gone here and created there own site, which from first glance looks good especially in regards to the content quality. Well done to them as a few did get banned, posted here previously and good lads

Cheers Dunnfc, I was aware but wondered about the reasons why?

I've been on here on and off for 7 or 8 years or so, got to know many good lads as a consequence but in all that time, I've never known so many new posters appear out of the ether and wonder why?

I wouldn't care so much but it's been a bit like chucking away the 55" all singing and dancing interactive tele to replace it with a 12" black and white with no sound!

Perhaps its because new posters have not even been given a chance to contribute properly yet because they are banned within 5 posts and attacked, accused, and belittled from all quarters - much like you did rather subtly. As for an influx of new members, its quite well known that the official board was closed down not so long ago.

Wont be much left of this board soon by the looks of it, old posters banned and new posters not welcome.

37 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Perhaps its because new posters have not even been given a chance to contribute properly yet because they are banned within 5 posts and attacked, accused, and belittled from all quarters - much like you did rather subtly. As for an influx of new members, its quite well known that the official board was closed down not so long ago.

Wont be much left of this board soon by the looks of it, old posters banned and new posters not welcome.

I've never known so many newbies to moan... simple you don't like it, don't post here. 

New posters are welcome but I'll level with you I'm sick of every thread echoing similar thoughts.

On 24/03/2017 at 11:45 PM, Dunnfc said:

Lots of the old ones have gone here and created there own site, which from first glance looks good especially in regards to the content quality. Well done to them as a few did get banned, posted here previously and good lads

First I've heard of that site. Through the looking glass!

Personally believe the powers that be on brfcs have a lot to answer for. Ridiculous over zealous modding is ruining a long standing site. Need to give your collective heads a wobble fast.

46 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

It's not that new posters are not welcome. It's that those who spout as though the venkys reign has not happened, as though fans have not been marginalised, as though results on the pitch were not the single most important factor in running a successful football club are quite rightly challenged and, when they argue black is white with people who know what's really going on behind the scenes, are turned on by those who have learnt, over a number of years, who has accurate info. Listen and learn. Then, if you have a point to make, make it sensibly, in a non confrontational, thought out manner. Then you'll be welcomed with open arms. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

First I've heard of that site. Through the looking glass!

Personally believe the powers that be on brfcs have a lot to answer for. Ridiculous over zealous modding is ruining a long standing site. Need to give your collective heads a wobble fast.

Any mod shouldn't be tarnished. At times it's a difficult role which they give there time up for free. 

Issue is the banning of old posters should have lapsed and the registration of newbies made tighter like any other forum  where there are levels of restrictions in place for "newbies".

I've met pretty much all the mods/owners and I have lots of respect for the job they do.

However, the last few months has seen a sea change in approach and it needs to be scaled back. I'm saying this as someone that has been here since the Age of Grooby and it's a shame.

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I've met pretty much all the mods/owners and I have lots of respect for the job they do.

However, the last few months has seen a sea change in approach and it needs to be scaled back. I'm saying this as someone that has been here since the Age of Grooby and it's a shame.

This is pretty much what we've agreed in the last day or two. To scale back.

As I say, a lot of the 'old school' bans come from the Brexit thread closure and taking care not to get the site in trouble. Even then similar posts continued, so bans did.

But we'll hold fire for a while.

17 hours ago, RV Blue said:

And what would I get out of having 2 accounts? Pillock. I'm sure the mods can tell you we aren't the same person...

The mods can't be 100% sure unless they personally know the people or person behind the two or more accounts.

Exactly what would someone get out of having 2 accounts? I'd have to ask the same question. I expect you'd have to be some kind of sad depressed bored halfwit who gets a kick out of pretending to be multiple people. But hey, it happens.

16 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I've never known so many newbies to moan... simple you don't like it, don't post here. 

New posters are welcome but I'll level with you I'm sick of every thread echoing similar thoughts.

No offence Dunn lad but I know a lot of Rovers fans won't touch this site because of all the anti-Rovers stuff and all the conspiracy theories. Not everyone wants to read 'Venky's Out' on every single thread, all the time. Every thread, like you say, has echoed similar thoughts for a long time, just not in the way you describe.

Protesters are a small proportion of Rovers fans, whether you like it or not. This forum is not just for those people. I've read a few moans recently that this site is 'getting more like the official board' or 'more like the LT' every day. It really isn't, it's just not as dominated with 'Venkyscum Out'  posts on every thread like it used to be. Like you say, if people don't like it they can now go and post on the other forum.  The majority on that site seem to have similar opinions on both Rovers and politics so fitting in shouldn't be a problem if you share their views. Maybe some of the people over there will be more tolerant of opposing views now they own/run their own site, because they certainly weren't on here. Not all obviously, there was always great content provided by Drog on the football, his posts stand out a mile on there.

On both here and there though it certainly needs more people posting who actually go to the games. Football forums become very dull otherwise.

• Backroom
17 hours ago, RV Blue said:

And what would I get out of having 2 accounts? Pillock. I'm sure the mods can tell you we aren't the same person...

This is the kind of thing we mean re: unnecessary nastiness. Take out the word in bold and it's reasonable. Leave it and it's confrontational.

We'd just like everyone to THINK about their posts.

• Backroom
Just now, mhead said:

The new site has Gordon as Admin with (no Caps) ABBEY; MajiBall and Amarillo plus a few double-handers.

Interesting to see its progress. Think we should welcome competition/extra comment zones.

I've really enjoyed reading it tbh!

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

It's not that new posters are not welcome. It's that those who spout as though the venkys reign has not happened, as though fans have not been marginalised, as though results on the pitch were not the single most important factor in running a successful football club are quite rightly challenged and, when they argue black is white with people who know what's really going on behind the scenes, are turned on by those who have learnt, over a number of years, who has accurate info. Listen and learn. Then, if you have a point to make, make it sensibly, in a non confrontational, thought out manner. Then you'll be welcomed with open arms. 

In other words, fall in line and have the same opinions as those already here and do not challenge them and you are fine. I do have the same opinion by the way, I was just defending somebody elses right to have their own opinion

Archived