BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Club Social Media Partner

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

Seems like the key is to have a pal who is a mod. I forgot to mention this before but Stuart posted this a couple of days ago, which is way worse than most of what I've seen on here before, yet he's still posting. Mods can you explain this?

Calling someone a plank is cause to ban someone?

Don't be a plank.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it was - and not the one i was banned for.

However, seeing as you believe it was worth banning for - please point out any name calling, or any other reason why you feel it should have reuslted in an instant ban without warning for a new poster.

2 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Seems like the key is to have a pal who is a mod. I forgot to mention this before but Stuart posted this a couple of days ago, which is way worse than most of what I've seen on here before, yet he's still posting. Mods can you explain this?

No, the key is to understand that there is a term called context (and intent). Jim and I have had spats* on here for years and years my friend. He's a big boy and we both enjoy the sport. That's because we are both adults (even though sometimes we don't act like it). He's already responded in kind several times, and somehow we've both managed move on with our lives following this traumatic ordeal.

Just because you don't like me (or rather my posting style) it's no reason to get bent out of shape. Seems though that your post is more an implied criticism of the mods than me though but that's your prerogative.

Interesting too that people get more offended on behalf of someone else than they do themselves.

Have a nice day. :)

*they're not really spats cos... it's just a messageboard!

Just now, JacknOry said:

Yes it was - and not the one i was banned for.

However, seeing as you believe it was worth banning for - please point out any name calling, or any other reason why you feel it should have reuslted in an instant ban without warning for a new poster.

????? I don't remember saying that.

Perhaps you got banned because you appear to be looking for an argument?

That's a guess by the way I don't have any moderator friends.

Just now, Stuart said:

No, the key is to understand that there is a term called context (and intent). Jim and I have had spats* on here for years and years my friend. He's a big boy and we both enjoy the sport. That's because we are both adults (even though sometimes we don't act like it). He's already responded in kind several times, and somehow we've both managed move on with our lives following this traumatic ordeal.

Just because you don't like me (or rather my posting style) it's no reason to get bent out of shape. Seems though that your post is more an implied criticism of the mods than me though but that's your prerogative.

Interesting too that people get more offended on behalf of someone else than they do themselves.

Have a nice day. :)

*they're not really spats cos... it's just a messageboard!

It is 100% a criticism of the mods, read back and look what I got banned for. I'm also a big boy and can take criticism, the point I am trying to make is that if I got banned for saying Gav isn't bright, he should get banned for calling BDS a brick and you should get banned for calling Jim a plank. I really couldn't care less if you call Jim a plank to be honest.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Oh definitely not, my problem is that I got banned for saying that Gav 'isn't bright'. It is just clear double standards.

For the record I don't think you should get banned for that or calling someone a plank, or really any kind of name calling.

If it's constant and just trying to wreck threads then obviously someone needs to step in but as someone else said context is everything.

Just now, booth said:

For the record I don't think you should get banned for that or calling someone a plank, or really any kind of name calling.

If it's constant and just trying to wreck threads then obviously someone needs to step in but as someone else said context is everything.

Agreed.

Just now, RV Blue said:

It is 100% a criticism of the mods, read back and look what I got banned for. I'm also a big boy and can take criticism, the point I am trying to make is that if I got banned for saying Gav isn't bright, he should get banned for calling BDS a brick and you should get banned for calling Jim a plank. I really couldn't care less if you call Jim a plank to be honest.

In my experience mods use a totting up process.

I always though bring called a brick was a complement.

I guess this isn't the best place to carry on this discussion. Ask Admin would be my suggestion.

It was an assumption due to the fact you were asking if it were my first post. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to be able to have established that yourself without asking. That led me to believe you were quoting that as some kind of example as to why i deserved the ban. As already stated and Mike can back up - i was not banned for that post.

It does intrigue me that you have obviously looked through my handful of posts (to try and justify the ban) and picked out what i believe 'you feel might have warranted a ban'. However, you got it wrong....so, (in my assumption) if that is where you think i got a ban but didn't, and no other posts came above it your opinion, it would surely mean I have either been harshly treated or just been subject to a new poster/Gavs mate ruling.

I am not here looking for an argument...you do know that people do read these boards for years without actually joining/posting? I have witnessed countless arguments over the years by these 'seasoned posters' that have done far worse, yet if a new poster comes on board and challenges an opinion they are sent to the dock immediately. 

Either way - does it bother me? Not really, i was quite happy just reading the ramblings of many here without adding my voice. I just dont think its a healthy way to run/moderate a board as even 'seasoned posters' like Gav will not be around forever.

2 hours ago, McClarky said:

International week = no proper football = constant, pointless and tedious bickering on here.

this MB just typifies most Rovers fans, too much bickering and stupid arguments and spitting dummies out. Can you imagine if WE ALL got together and protested or at least sang from the same song sheet but so many posters onhere are just hell bent on arguing for argues sake.

Ive been a long term reader on here  but hardly post because if your not one of the boys you get shot down in flames. Its pathetic.

If your not mates with mods or have a post count less than 1000 your a plant or a dingle. Fair play to BDS for putting up with the abuse since his firsts posts , myself CBA with it.

I'll keep reading but mods should really make this place more user friendly.

and I thought this was a thread about the Rovers New Social Media Partner!!

I for one cannot understand why Wayne Wild would do such an about face - it doesn't make any sense - I just wonder if it his way of saying "I give up"

I bumped into him a couple of weeks ago and got the feeling that he felt a fight was pointless as the whole fan base was so divided - reading this thread I have got to concur

2 hours ago, A cup of beans said:

I am here with you

Though you're far away

I am here to stay

you are not alone

I am here with you

Though we're far apart

You're always in my heart

Actually quite moving :rover:

Maybe 'stay' could be 'say', delete 'always' and add 'you are not alone' as the final line.

I really tried to work the words bright , brick and plank into the verse but they just don't go <_<

Just now, sw0808 said:

and I thought this was a thread about the Rovers New Social Media Partner!!

I for one cannot understand why Wayne Wild would do such an about face - it doesn't make any sense - I just wonder if it his way of saying "I give up"

I bumped into him a couple of weeks ago and got the feeling that he felt a fight was pointless as the whole fan base was so divided - reading this thread I have got to concur

Wayne is yesterdays news but deserves full credit for being in at the beginning with Rovers Trust. Why the UTurn? Only he really knows

50 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

this MB just typifies most Rovers fans, too much bickering and stupid arguments and spitting dummies out. Can you imagine if WE ALL got together and protested or at least sang from the same song sheet but so many posters onhere are just hell bent on arguing for argues sake.

I've been a long term reader on here  but hardly post because if your not one of the boys you get shot down in flames. Its pathetic.

If your not mates with mods or have a post count less than 1000 your a plant or a dingle. Fair play to BDS for putting up with the abuse since his firsts posts , myself CBA with it.

I'll keep reading but mods should really make this place more user friendly.

This is not the first post I've read on here today with someone claiming to be a long term reader, but only joined int the last couple of weeks.

On 17/03/2017 at 3:17 PM, Stuart said:

So they are pleased to announce a deal which is for the next 6 weeks basically. That must be worth all of about £100 to the Club . Jesus what state must we be in to count that as newsworthy ??

as for WW I don't get why you would risk the wrath of fans and run the risk of having your motives questioned for a deal that lasts for only 6 weeks. 

Makes no sense at any level but that's our Club these days . Simply carrying on as it started 7 years ago under these morons.

shambles doesn't come close

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

It was an assumption due to the fact you were asking if it were my first post. You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to be able to have established that yourself without asking. That led me to believe you were quoting that as some kind of example as to why i deserved the ban. As already stated and Mike can back up - i was not banned for that post.

It does intrigue me that you have obviously looked through my handful of posts (to try and justify the ban) and picked out what i believe 'you feel might have warranted a ban'. However, you got it wrong....so, (in my assumption) if that is where you think i got a ban but didn't, and no other posts came above it your opinion, it would surely mean I have either been harshly treated or just been subject to a new poster/Gavs mate ruling.

I am not here looking for an argument...you do know that people do read these boards for years without actually joining/posting? I have witnessed countless arguments over the years by these 'seasoned posters' that have done far worse, yet if a new poster comes on board and challenges an opinion they are sent to the dock immediately. 

Either way - does it bother me? Not really, i was quite happy just reading the ramblings of many here without adding my voice. I just dont think its a healthy way to run/moderate a board as even 'seasoned posters' like Gav will not be around forever.

No, I picked that out because I wasn't sure if it was your first post or not. It seemed an odd way to start a dialogue with everyone on here by having a go at someone, so I suspected you may have had some posts removed. Hence the question, is that your first post?

27 minutes ago, wolfie said:

This is not the first post I've read on here today with someone claiming to be a long term reader, but only joined int the last couple of weeks.

Over the years a silent splinter group has formed with the intention of taking down Gav and the moderators. Brilliant!

Will Abbey return to save the day?

2 minutes ago, TBTF said:

So they are pleased to announce a deal which is for the next 6 weeks basically. That must be worth all of about £100 to the Club . Jesus what state must we be in to count that as newsworthy ??

as for WW I don't get why you would risk the wrath of fans and run the risk of having your motives questioned for a deal that lasts for only 6 weeks. 

Makes no sense at any level but that's our Club these days . Simply carrying on as it started 7 years ago under these morons.

shambles doesn't come close

Absolutely mate, bet the BDM thinks hes got the deal ofthe decade.....plonker.  Wayne Wild must make a statement on this forum to clarify his position.  He's been peddling a complete load of rubbish by the looks of it if hes happy to be associated with the venkys.

9 hours ago, wolfie said:

I read this board for 3 years before joining. The fact the official board is no longer in operation ( I'm lead to believe as I have no idea about it ) will co-inside with an influx of new posters. Isn't that a good thing. Having more opinions, post , topics etc. I wouldn't protest in the early Kean era as I had absolutely no clue what was going on. This board (Glen inparticularly ) opened my eyes to what was happening and I've been on all protests since. All new posters should be welcomed with open arms

Archived