BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Club Social Media Partner

• Backroom
31 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

In other words, fall in line and have the same opinions as those already here and do not challenge them and you are fine. I do have the same opinion by the way, I was just defending somebody elses right to have their own opinion

Words fail me. I'm done.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

In other words, fall in line and have the same opinions as those already here and do not challenge them and you are fine. I do have the same opinion by the way, I was just defending somebody elses right to have their own opinion

That wasn't what I said, and you know it. There are ways of presenting an opposing view that male you seem like a reasonable sensible person, and others that are deliberately seeking confrontation. Disagreement is fine. It's the basis of debate. Name calling and posts which deliberately cast doubt on what people know is not.

Just now, gumboots said:

That wasn't what I said, and you know it. There are ways of presenting an opposing view that male you seem like a reasonable sensible person, and others that are deliberately seeking confrontation. Disagreement is fine. It's the basis of debate. Name calling and posts which deliberately cast doubt on what people know is not.

Which is my original point - where is any of that in the post I was banned for? I simply defended somebody's right to have an opinion (whether a popular one or not). I suggest you show what you just wrote to Gav - as he could certainly take note.

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

I think they have :P no access to anything haha.

Maybe it's in response to their site being added to the swear filter? Surely you're not worried about a little competition.

Is www.roverstalk.com also banned?

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Maybe it's in response to their site being added to the swear filter? Surely you're not worried about a little competition.

Is www.roverstalk.com also banned?

Haven't a clue, all seems fine now anyway

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

This is the kind of thing we mean re: unnecessary nastiness. Take out the word in bold and it's reasonable. Leave it and it's confrontational.

We'd just like everyone to THINK about their posts.

Confirm our IP address are different before tackling an issue that no one cares about bar you.

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

Nah.

What a mod! Excellent stuff from you Micky, I see you've got a few likes from your pals for that creative, well thought out comment, brilliant! Well done! If you don't want to confirm we have got different IP address, I hope you will confirm we do have the same IP address? Having said that, I don't think you can! Oh dear!

• Backroom

Just a bit fed up, that's all. We try letting the site self-govern, but it all goes A over T with the Brexit thread spilling out into the footy board, you'll be amazed how many posts we had to hide. Then when you try applying the rules, it doesn't work because people think they're entitled to either everyone under explicit rules (which comes across as rather Germanic, to me) or people want to be treated 'equally with context', which leads to recent posts like yours.

FYI, nobody knows who the likes are from. Have you perhaps considered that I get likes (while you do not) because people agree? Let's not forget that the people you seem to think I'm mates with on here do not like me very much at all.

Frankly, I've had enough of the hassle. I'm out.

Just now, Mike E said:

Just a bit fed up, that's all. We try letting the site self-govern, but it all goes A over T with the Brexit thread spilling out into the footy board, you'll be amazed how many posts we had to hide. Then when you try applying the rules, it doesn't work because people think they're entitled to either everyone under explicit rules (which comes across as rather Germanic, to me) or people want to be treated 'equally with context', which leads to recent posts like yours.

FYI, nobody knows who the likes are from. Have you perhaps considered that I get likes (while you do not) because people agree? Let's not forget that the people you seem to think I'm mates with on here do not like me very much at all.

Good grief, not another defector over to the dark side!

As it's now like the Mary Celeste on here can I moderate myself?;) (no rude answers please)

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

As it's now like the Mary Celeste on here can I moderate myself?;) (no rude answers please)

Your obsessed with Mary's :lol:

• Backroom
21 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Absolutely, go for it :)

15 hours ago, Tom said:

Absolutely, go for it :)

Ok, so I gave it 12 hours to see how I'd get on and you know what? I handled myself well (matron). I annoyed myself at times and nearly gave myself a warning but in the end I just chillaxed and it was fine. I'm now ready to become a fully-fledged mod. Hand me my wings Thomas, this little birdie is ready to flyB)

16 hours ago, Mike E said:

I for one hope you are not 'Out' of here. This site needs good guys like you to stick around.

• Backroom

No, just out of modding. Normal member again (also a member on the other side). That way I won't get more PM's from jackn0ry threatening to ruin BRFCS thusly:

'Well, the board is suffering anyway but i will be sending thousands of poisonous links towards it anyway as I work in SEO. So it will be de-indexed from the search engines altogether.'

That's the sort of stuff I've been getting from newbies (I can't speak for other mods/admin), who keep crying foul re: unfair treatment. Then they wonder why mods end up treating them harshly when they keep winding up members!

Rest assured the post is reported and it's up to The site owners how to proceed on that front. I have personally had enough of being targeted so I've moved out of the firing line. If the admin would like me back on board in future I'll be happy to help, but I need a break for now.

Just now, Mike E said:

No, just out of modding. Normal member again (also a member on the other side). That way I won't get more PM's from jackn0ry threatening to ruin BRFCS thusly:

'Well, the board is suffering anyway but i will be sending thousands of poisonous links towards it anyway as I work in SEO. So it will be de-indexed from the search engines altogether.'

That's the sort of stuff I've been getting from newbies (I can't speak for other mods/admin), who keep crying foul re: unfair treatment. Then they wonder why mods end up treating them harshly when they keep winding up members!

Rest assured the post is reported and it's up to The site owners how to proceed on that front. I have personally had enough of being targeted so I've moved out of the firing line. If the admin would like me back on board in future I'll be happy to help, but I need a break for now.

Far more important things related to Rovers to concern yourself about Mike than some faceless idiots... Good on you.

10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You clearly dont need to spell or punctuate working in SEO, I wonder if you have to have a rescue dog to be considered? how to hide behind proxy experience maybe? :rolleyes:

You can spot them a mile off, thick as a bar top, pity you bore the brunt Mike.

Now where's the mod application form......?

• Backroom
4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Ok, so I gave it 12 hours to see how I'd get on and you know what? I handled myself well (matron). I annoyed myself at times and nearly gave myself a warning but in the end I just chillaxed and it was fine. I'm now ready to become a fully-fledged mod. Hand me my wings Thomas, this little birdie is ready to flyB)

You can use my old ones Mr Boy3333

9 hours ago, Mike E said:

Shocking that you have to put up with this sort of thing. Who ARE these people??

There's been a few in recent times who seemed, to me anyway, to be deriving their pleasure from winding people up.

Mods let them run free and are now paying the price.

That's how I see it. Major blame goes to said idiots not Mods though.

Just now, 47er said:

There's been a few in recent times who seemed, to me anyway, to be deriving their pleasure from winding people up.

Mods let them run free and are now paying the price.

That's how I see it. Major blame goes to said idiots not Mods though.

The recent spate of newbies appeared to me to include a small, in number, 'group' who came across as organised on their wumming and persistent insulting of Mods. They currently seem quiet. I hope they have been culled.

51 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The recent spate of newbies appeared to me to include a small, in number, 'group' who came across as organised on their wumming and persistent insulting of Mods. They currently seem quiet. I hope they have been culled.

surely we should open up a new user section for people under 50 posts say, then once they get 10 likes they come onto the main board.

would increase quality of content, myself included.

5 hours ago, Meadows2 said:

surely we should open up a new user section for people under 50 posts say, then once they get 10 likes they come onto the main board.

would increase quality of content, myself included.

My initial reaction was that yours was a reasonable idea but I dont know the IT capability of the site for that sort of micro management.

I think Mods do it manually by monitoring a thread which looks like a lot of hard work to me for which they get little or no credit but some unbelievable criticism.

Newbies should be welcomed to a MB its just that recently a few imo seemed to be anti MB and/Mod driven. Mods should be able to see the problems as they arise.

I would not be a Mod on any MB even if promised free beer for life :rover:

COYB

Get behind the MB FFS

Archived