BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

9 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Agree.  That would be the same club for me, similar to Rangers in Scotland.

Sorry to harp on about it, but that was the exact same scenario I put to you months ago so I am delighted to see your response now. A new club could not afford to lose fans like you.

A project we could all unite behind. I don't even mind if Chaddy buys the first season ticket and tells us! :)

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

What happens if the Blackburn Rovers & Athletic ltd gets liquidated and have a newco situation i.e Blackburn Rovers 2017 but still play at Ewood in blue and white still have the same iterlectual property like crest etc and playing in league 1/2 etc... What would your thoughts be, honest question as for me it's the same club.

Rangers ended up playing league football as a NewCo because of their huge following and support help from the institution. The FA and FL just want to see the back of us. A Blackburn Rovers 2017 Phoenix club would have a much harder job of convincing anyone to let us take the place of a promoted conference side. Due to how slowly the Raos are destroying Rovers we may well be a small club with a tiny following by the time we fold. Non-league beckons but still Rovers.

Just now, Stuart said:

Rangers ended up playing league football as a NewCo because of their huge following and support help from the institution. The FA and FL just want to see the back of us. A Blackburn Rovers 2017 Phoenix club would have a much harder job of convincing anyone to let us take the place of a promoted conference side. Due to how slowly the Raos are destroying Rovers we may well be a small club with a tiny following by the time we fold. Non-league beckons but still Rovers.

We are no different than Wimbledon in that case though? And I think we would still have a bigger fanbase. I agree though that the longer Raos stay the worse it will get in all aspects.

Just now, 47er said:

We are no different than Wimbledon in that case though? And I think we would still have a bigger fanbase. I agree though that the longer Raos stay the worse it will get in all aspects.

Agreed. Much like AFC Wimbledon rather than Rangers. Thousands would stay at Ewood for League Two post-Venkys. Not sure how many would stick around for AFC Darwen ground share in NW Counties.

17 hours ago, Stuart said:

Worst case?

Or most likely?

How long are Venkys going to continue to run the club at a loss? It may be indefinitely until Rovers sink to such a level that our gates will cover our costs and they no longer have to subsidise the operation side.

Question is, how low will we drop before that happens? Can we be competitive in League One on the back of £300 STs? If the Raos force the club to increase them to £400 or more, how many fans will continue paying for crap football? Unless they start to invest in the playing staff we will be picking up freebies and loans not wanted by other League One sides and the cycle starts again.

Every season the club has become less competitive on the field and less attractive to a new buyer - especially at the price the thickos allegedly want - and further and further away from recovery. I cannot envisage a scenario where this ends well. I genuinely think it will take one of them to die or go bankrupt to force the issue otherwise they will just keep their grip on us.

Yes the worst case, and it might be the most likely but it's not happened yet. Until it does happen, I'm inclined to put energy into supporting the current setup irrespective of who owns it.

One thing I can agree on, and say quite safely though, they won't be getting their money back so it's about time the realised that and gave up the club. I can't see them running us further into the ground, I think the end is nigh. Hopefully, we will have some fortune;

1. We are promoted and/or some worldly gazillionaire takes the club off their hands.

2. We drop further and/or given to the fans/trust to run.

Just now, Biz said:

Yes the worst case, and it might be the most likely but it's not happened yet. Until it does happen, I'm inclined to put energy into supporting the current setup irrespective of who owns it.

One thing I can agree on, and say quite safely though, they won't be getting their money back so it's about time the realised that and gave up the club. I can't see them running us further into the ground, I think the end is nigh. Hopefully, we will have some fortune;

1. We are promoted and/or some worldly gazillionaire takes the club off their hands.

2. We drop further and/or given to the fans/trust to run.

Based on what? The audits taking place? Or just gut feel?

Just now, Stuart said:

Based on what? The audits taking place? Or just gut feel?

I have no more information than you Stuart, same place you got the asking price, the potential price rises etc. 

I cant see them putting loads more debt on and I can see them having a cut off hence "I can't see them running us further into the ground".

Its worth hoping, because the opposite is being in a downward spiral as part of a chicken conglomerate, ever cheapened, ever ignored. 

Perhaps that's a worse fate for some? Venkys continually funding the club at an ever decreasing level, forever in limbo. I personally could settle with them writing the debt off and sustaining a decent wage bill, facilities and academy (on them) till redemption but the logistics of that outcome involve the FACT everything they've touched turned to @#/?, getting an actual management structure at Ewood and giving (after getting, I think TM might be the answer at least on this) the football experts some wriggle room to work some magic. Would take continuity in direction, something we've never shown under this set of scum either.

Hopeful and stoic are two necessities of character these days. Thank god we're British...

IMG_0321.JPG

So what Chaddy?  If you were going to get one and could afford it you'd have worked to the original deadline and unless something pretty special happens in the next month nothing will persuade non renewed or non returning fans to get one. It's not about price. I used to pay far more for mine years ago when I had far less money. I would pay if I wanted one again. But I don't,  and I won't,  partly because it's not financial sense to buy one knowing there are loads of games I'll miss. Season tickets, especially in the lower leagues with a lot of night matches, tie you more than I want to be tied. When the situation at Ewood changes, I'll be back but on a matchday basis. Might appear to cost more but will be better for me

Just now, gumboots said:

So what Chaddy?  If you were going to get one and could afford it you'd have worked to the original deadline and unless something pretty special happens in the next month nothing will persuade non renewed or non returning fans to get one. It's not about price. I used to pay far more for mine years ago when I had far less money. I would pay if I wanted one again. But I don't,  and I won't,  partly because it's not financial sense to buy one knowing there are loads of games I'll miss. Season tickets, especially in the lower leagues with a lot of night matches, tie you more than I want to be tied. When the situation at Ewood changes, I'll be back but on a matchday basis. Might appear to cost more but will be better for me

Then dont get one but give over going on about like a broken record. 

I simply posted a link. FFS

Considering they aren't even sending out packs, I could have imagined the non internet savvy fan, who's now realised they are on sale, going to buy his ST at the start of June (a time of year that we've not even had them on sale in recent years) and being fairly bemused to be told he's late and he is being penalised with a higher price.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Ha ha.  Says he who posts every five minutes. It's old news anyway.  Someone posted it 2 or 3 days ago.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

TBF you did only post a link but no need to swear when chatting to a Lady. Poor form indeed.

Being an ex teacher I've heard a lot worse, some of it aimed at me.  I just find it amusing that he has a go at me for saying the same thing when he repeats himself endlessly.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

If you want to buy ST then buy one. If dont want to then why come on the thread? 

Oh so I'm now not allowed to see who is buying one and what their reasons are.  the thread interests me.  I wonder about peoples motives.  I want to see why they are getting season tickets or not getting them.  the question isn't abut ST holders only.  It asks about peoples intentions and that is interesting

Just now, gumboots said:

Oh so I'm now not allowed to see who is buying one and what their reasons are.  the thread interests me.  I wonder about peoples motives.  I want to see why they are getting season tickets or not getting them.  the question isn't abut ST holders only.  It asks about peoples intentions and that is interesting

Well fair enough..

Well I explained why I getting one and when I sorted it. 

It was very simple decision for me. 

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bit 'pot and kettle' that.

31 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Ha ha.  Says he who posts every five minutes. It's old news anyway.  Someone posted it 2 or 3 days ago.

You're like a broken record and I "should stop moaning for once!" Good with the advice is the new confrontational Chaddy!

I preferred the old one!I

Archived