BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

4 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

To you perhaps, but others see reasons for optimism.  Only time will tell if it's misplaced or not.

I am very optimism for the season under Mowbray.

2 hours ago, 47er said:

That's true of any situation but you have to face reality sometime (apart from Chaddy!)

another cheap nasty shot from you.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/07/2017 at 17:19, Parsonblue said:

To you perhaps, but others see reasons for optimism.  Only time will tell if it's misplaced or not.

Personally I'm optimistic at the start of every season. Otherwise there is no point in going. 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Personally I'm optimistic at the start of every season. Otherwise there is no point in going. 

I think some people should consider their own psyche before suggesting problems in others, especially when the critical party can't seem to seperate the anger for the owners with supporting and watching their team.

Its as much of a kick in the balls for me that we've sunk like a stone, but since I'm not completely controlled by my emotions I will put it to one side to watch my team. Since we are still unbeaten this season, things are nicely poised :) 

On 09/07/2017 at 17:19, Parsonblue said:

History suggests that an optimistic future under Venkys is an oxymoron and highly likely to be misplaced optimism. The law of averages however may mean we fluke a decent season.

You seem to put a lot of stock in the past (part and parcel) - but but you seem to allow yourself to be blinded to recent history (our constant trajectory under Venkys).

How will you feel if we end up mid table and looking like becoming a lower League One club? Will you ever get angry about what they have done and continue to do - and are likely to do in the future? Or will you simply pounce on the next tiny bone they throw as a reason to be content? It's one thing being loyal but another to be happy to have that loyalty abused. Just to stretch the analogy, Venkys are like the abusive dog owners who keep their pets in squalor but the dogs continue to be loyal because they still live in the same house as the previous good owners. At what point do they realise that things have fundamentally changed and they are being mistreated?

It's one thing putting aside the owner issues and simply watching the football - I get that. It's another thing to start to put things like faith, hope and optimism into it.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

History suggests that an optimistic future under Venkys is an oxymoron and highly likely to be misplaced optimism. The law of averages however may mean we fluke a decent season.

You seem to put a lot of stock in the past (part and parcel) - but but you seem to allow yourself to be blinded to recent history (our constant trajectory under Venkys).

How will you feel if we end up mid table and looking like becoming a lower League One club? Will you ever get angry about what they have done and continue to do - and are likely to do in the future? Or will you simply pounce on the next tiny bone they throw as a reason to be content? It's one thing being loyal but another to be happy to have that loyalty abused. Just to stretch the analogy, Venkys are like the abusive dog owners who keep their pets in squalor but the dogs continue to be loyal because they still live in the same house as the previous good owners. At what point do they realise that things have fundamentally changed and they are being mistreated?

It's one thing putting aside the owner issues and simply watching the football - I get that. It's another thing to start to put things like faith, hope and optimism into it.

As we've discussed before Stuart, it's a personal viewpoint and we all have different ones.  I'm optimistic that we can return to the Championship at the first attempt.  If not then, like in the early seventies I will be hopeful that the we return at some point.  First time in this League it took four attempts to get out.  The owners are a major issue, just as in the seventies we had no money and relied on the skill and ability of the managers to work with virtually nothing to achieve the goals we wanted.  I've got past the point of allowing the owners to prevent my enjoyment of following my club - just as many others have done.  Whether I like it or not they own Blackburn Rovers and they appear to want to continue owning the club and running it in they way that they want.  

Our trajectory in the late sixties and early seventies was a downward one - challenging for the title in the early sixties to languishing at the bottom of the Third Division.  Many stopped going and gates dropped to much lower levels than at present but those who kept going did so because they still enjoyed following the club irrespective of the division in which they found themselves.

If you see yourself as an abused dog, as you put it, then it's fully understandable that you should walk away.  Clearly I, and many others don't.  That's the beauty of life Stuart - everyone sees things differently, acts differently and enjoys different things.  It would be a dull old world if we all thought and acted the same.

Hopefully, in twelve months time we can be looking forward to a season in the Championship and a continued climb up the League ladder.

Missed Ignored the point as always, Pb. The point is optimism is futile where Venkys are concerned.

And yet again, you ignore the recent past, and incumbent present, and use the distant past as the yardstick for your future.

37 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Missed Ignored the point as always, Pb. The point is optimism is futile where Venkys are concerned.

And yet again, you ignore the recent past, and incumbent present, and use the distant past as the yardstick for your future.

No Stuart, you seem to ignore the point.  To YOU optimism is futile but it isn't to ME irrespective of Venkys.  That's the difference between us - we come at it from different viewpoints.  You cannot see any hope for the future, which is fair enough.  I can see hope and look forward to the coming season.  It's the reason that I've kept supporting the club for well over half a century - when times are hard I always believe that things will get better at some point and it's that belief that keeps you going and allows you to enjoy the good times when they arrive. 

With a footballing man at the helm who appears to take pride in his job and pride in the club, some astute signings, and the possibility we may keep our better players, I'm optimistic we can have a season where we are at the right end of the table for the first time since Bowyer left. All the ingredients will hopefully be there come the end of the August for a Top 6 push.

As others have said, if you can't be optimistic and see a little hope at this time of the year then you might as well give up, walk away and do something else you find more  enjoyable. Wallowing in a pit of your own obsessive, fetid misery won't change the situation.

5 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

No Stuart, you seem to ignore the point.  To YOU optimism is futile but it isn't to ME irrespective of Venkys.  That's the difference between us - we come at it from different viewpoints.  You cannot see any hope for the future, which is fair enough.  I can see hope and look forward to the coming season.  It's the reason that I've kept supporting the club for well over half a century - when times are hard I always believe that things will get better at some point and it's that belief that keeps you going and allows you to enjoy the good times when they arrive. 

You are right. We have a big difference of opinion when it comes to the term "irrespective of Venkys".

For me, it is nonsensical (in the strictest sense of the word) to think that things are going to get better under their ownership. To believe they are, one has to ignore EVERYTHING that has happened since they arrived.

These aren't just bad times, the rough with the smooth, part and parcel. This is wilful/neglectful and incessant, potentially irreversible, damage.

Just now, Stuart said:

You are right. We have a big difference of opinion when it comes to the term "irrespective of Venkys".

For me, it is nonsensical (in the strictest sense of the word) to think that things are going to get better under their ownership. To believe they are, one has to ignore EVERYTHING that has happened since they arrived.

These aren't just bad times, the rough with the smooth, part and parcel. This is wilful/neglectful and incessant, potentially irreversible, damage.

Nobody is ignoring what has happened over the past seven years but many believe that there are optimistic signs that we might enjoy a better season this time round.  Ultimately, as Venky's own the club, no matter what any of us may think about them, the only decision to make is whether to renew your season ticket or not.  I'm happy that I've done so, but from what you say I suspect you haven't which is fair enough - after all it is a leisure activity and if you aren't enjoying it anymore it would be pointless to keep going.

3 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Nobody is ignoring what has happened over the past seven years but many believe that there are optimistic signs that we might enjoy a better season this time round.  Ultimately, as Venky's own the club, no matter what any of us may think about them, the only decision to make is whether to renew your season ticket or not.  I'm happy that I've done so, but from what you say I suspect you haven't which is fair enough - after all it is a leisure activity and if you aren't enjoying it anymore it would be pointless to keep going.

It really isn't. Going to watch football isn't like going to the cinema or going bowling. It's a vocation. Yes, you have to put up with crap from time to time but you power through in the hope there are better time to follow.

I carried on going when Kean was in charge, not because of any faith in him or because there was any optimism that he would improve our fortunes. The only hope was that he would leave and there would still be a decent club left afterwards - even if only a shell of what it was.

Thats exactly the same with Venkys. I carry on with Rovers in the hope that they will leave.

The football next season will be a distraction if we can mount a title challenge but it will be even more of a frustration if we don't.

Today's Rovers is where we should be AFTER the club has served what ever purpose it has for the Raos but the @#/?s are still here! And still crying poverty - despite being over-privileged rich children. I dread to think where we will actually be when they go.

4 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

4 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Net transfer activity so far stand at (minus) -8.

General expectations are to sell 3 or 4 and bring in another 2.

We have a manager who last time he was in this league was bottom with Coventry. He is the same bloke and surely spoke equally well and was equally respected there. But that don't make points.

We have only sold approx. 5500 season tickets.

Awaiting cost cutting activity based on recent audits done by KPMG & Deloitte.

Redundancies starting already ?? with Kinder going today.

Can't see myself why some think it's a "new start" or "turned a corner" or why we are going to win the league. Be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Firstly, out of the players who left Rovers this summer most fans were glad to see them leave apart from Mahoney and maybe Guthrie. 

Its your expectations not general. Mowbray says he wants 4 more players. 2 permanents and 2 loans. 

Kinder wasn't made redundant at all. He left. Probably wants to change the academy and how it run. 

6 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

So...where are we in reality ?

Not in Venky land or in Chaddy land... here in the real world where points will be won and lost when the season starts... where arguments on a messageboard count for nothing and the reality counts for everything.

Venkys are still here

Suhail is still here

Cheston is still here

Club still in debt by 120 million quid or whatever the current balance is

We are about to start life in the Third Division. If in doubt, read the fixture list.

Net transfer activity so far stand at (minus) -8.

General expectations are to sell 3 or 4 and bring in another 2.

We have a manager who last time he was in this league was bottom with Coventry. He is the same bloke and surely spoke equally well and was equally respected there. But that don't make points.

We have only sold approx. 5500 season tickets.

Awaiting cost cutting activity based on recent audits done by KPMG & Deloitte.

Redundancies starting already ?? with Kinder going today.

Can't see myself why some think it's a "new start" or "turned a corner" or why we are going to win the league. Be funny if it wasn't so sad.

You'd be devastated if we got promotion.

18 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

No it is! Phrased awfully admittedly so. 

Where else could you go for "entertainment" at that cost locally?

13 quid in Blackburn Town centre gets you 4 lagers, a donner kebab and a taxi home. 

2 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

:o I paid for two adults and child a few weeks ago to the zoo and that was 30 let alone the theatre 60!

Think you might have been done, mate. Blackburn doesn't have a zoo.

39 minutes ago, J*B said:

13 quid in Blackburn Town centre gets you 4 lagers, a donner kebab and a taxi home. 

Only because after you come out the Postal Order there's nowhere else to go :(

Archived